Chapter 8.

Stronger Than Death.

"Some friendships, no matter how hard you try, never recover the joy they once had. But if you feel pain of regret or remorse when you think about a lost friend and do nothing about it, you'll never know what might have been."

 

"Are you sure you wanna try this?" I watched Ohno ring the doorbell with a look in his eye, one I had seen a long time ago when the boys had gotten into some sort of fight. It had always been rare for a fight to happen between the five boys, however no one was perfect, and this look I could see...was definately that, maybe ten time worse.

Nino had remained quiet the entire way, and the same went for Sho and Aiba. I was hoping that this plan would work, trying to get Matsumoto remember already seemed hard. My own daughter had already unconciously tried to regain his memories, the feelings he had for me before the incident seemed to still be there...but even with those feelings, his memories refused to return.

Ohno turned towards me. "It's worth it. Worse will be that he won't remember and..." He looked over towards the other members, all had the same expression on their face.

"He'll remember." I touched Ohno on the shoulder, forcing a smile on to my face. "You were his close friends, and you knew each other a long time." The other boys didn't look so good, their faces had gone a greenish yellow colour, it wasn't natural at all.

Aiba shook his head, resting against the wall. "That doesn't really mean anything in this situation. He forgot you."

He was right...the usual for Aiba, always being right about everything. But I pretended not to hear him, because to be honest, I didn't want to face the truth. It was just way too painful...

I shook my head. "He should have opened the door by now." I searched my pocket, trying to find a small metal key that was hopefully at the very bottom...and it was there.

"You had a key...?" Sho looked at the item in amazement.

Heehee....I guess I forgot about it. "Yeah...I guess so."

"Silly." Nino slapped my shoulder. I opened the door slowly, to a sight I never thought I'd see. Matsumoto stood in the middle of a hallway holding Hiroshima, playing with a small puppet.

At once the boys faces changed, for the worse. "What the..?"

Hiroshima looked over towards me, a bright small formed on her face. "MOMMY!"

"Mommy?" Ohno looked at me, my face...probably looked really funny. "I'll explain later..."

Matsumoto put her down and she ran towards me with a huge small on her face, grabbing my leg and tightening her grip on it. "Mommy! Play with funny!" She pointed towards Matsumoto.

"Hey! Stop with that name! Who are these guys anyways!? Wierdo's from the circus?" He pointed towards the boys.

Aiba stepped towards Matsumoto, stoping a couple feet in front of him. "Jun...it's me Aiba. And Nino and Sho...You don't remember?"

Matsumoto grunted. "Remember!? There's nothing for me to remember." He laughed.

"Then..." Everyone looked at Ohno, his face was pale. Out of all the members, they were closest...Matsumoto and Ohno. "...not even...Ohno?"

"Ohno?" Matsumoto looked at Ohno, right in the eyes. "What kind of name is that? Ha!"

I watched him start to laugh like nothing ever. "Ohno..."

"How'd you know I was Ohno?" He demanded.

Matsumoto stopped laughing. "Eh?"

"There are four of us, how do you know I'm Ohno?"

"I don't know." Matsumoto wiped his mouth. "I just did."

We all stood there in silence...I was trying hard not to show my true feelings, the sadness that tugged at my heart. The boys...were so close, almost like brothers. They were always there for each other no matter what...how could something like this happen...?

"Hey." I heard my name being called, but I didn't respond, I just stared at the floor. "What's wrong with you?" My head rose slowly, Matsumoto was looking right at me. "Are you going through some depression stage or something?"

I didn't know what to say. "No..I.." Hiroshima was still hugging my leg, she tightened her grip. "I'm...going to take Hiroshima upstairs."

The girl whined. "But mommy...I wanna play with funny.."

"Don't call me that!"

I took one glance up at Matsumotot, keeping in the laugh I wanted to let out"He's..." I picked up Hiroshima. "...got other things to do."

As I started up the stairs, I could hear Matsumoto mutter something under his breath. "I got nothing to do..."

But he would...he would definately be doing something.

 

Authors Note: Another short chapter!!!! AH X( Sorry! I have another ISU to do...a 12 page short stoy...due tomorrow, and I only have 4 pages done! AACCCKKKKKK! Anyway, I know this story is choppy, poorly written, etc. But I'm just trying to finish it...it will be awhile though before he finds out the truth, and there will be a change within the next two chapters. I'm also going to try and write more than I am...because I think I'm getting lazy....anyway, yeah...