Chapter 4.

Stronger Than Death.

 

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way we live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love lasts forever."

 

The next morning found itself faster than ever before. Still I was thinking...trying to figure out out whether or not I was going to stay like Megumi wanted me to. Soon however, my parents were to call concerning a new business I was going to start where I lived in the countryside. A new inn, something I had hoped to start a long time ago...but only recently was my family able to purchase a piece of land big enough. Construction was soon to be finished, I was just waiting for my parents to call and say I could move in.

Hiroshima was already downstairs in the kitchen when I went down to the main floor. She was sitting ona stool chair by the counter, eating cereal and not saying anything. Grandmother held Hiro, with a baby bottle.

"Is that good Hiroshima?"

She nodded her head. "Good." Hiroshima went back to her cereal, smiling brightly. I watched her for a second longer, before seating myself on the couch and reading the newspaper. Minutes later, I heard someone descending down the stairs with a tired yawn.

"Morning Jun." Megumi smiled from her spot beside Hiroshima.

He only responded with another yawn. Jun made his way to the fridge and after a couple seconds, was seated on the other side of Hiroshima with a bun...still that habbit hadn't changed. He peeked over at Hiroshima every couple seconds...and as I stared at the two of them, the habits  between both of them were very similar. Their hair colour was the same, the way they sat in their chair was the same, even the way they ate was the same. I smiled...if only he remembered.

Hiroshima looked up at Jun. "Funny." She stopped eating and pointed at him with her finger. "You look funny!"

Jun choked. "Eh?" He looked at her, his eyes widening. "What? Did you just say I look funny?"

"Funny."

"What a thing for a kid to say." He murmurred under his breath. I laughed a little more, only audible for my ears, jun and Hiroshima couldn't hear me exactly. "What are you? Five?"

"Two."

His eyes widened. "Two, eh?" Jun but into his bun. "Not that old..."

There was a small pause of silence, before Hiroshima put down her spoon. "Mommy!"

"Huh? Why are you complaining?" Jun rolled his eyes.

I guess it was time for me to intervene. "Alright Hiroshima." I got up and put her bowl in the dishwasher. Hiroshima didn't get up from her chair, instead she turned and pointed at Jun. "Mommy, he's funny!"

Jun's eyes widened again. "Why do you keep saying that?"

"Don't be rude Hiroshima."

"Mommy..." Hiroshima ran to a nearbye mirror and looked at herself for a moment. She turned to me. "Me look like funny..."

At that moment, I froze. In adult language it would translate into 'I look like him.' I think Jun understood too, because the bun in his hands which he was almost finished was inches from his mouth. "Hiroshima." I was panicing...really panicing. "Don't say things like that.

"But mommy...look." She grabbed Jun's hand and dragged him to the mirror. It was big enough for both of them to be seen perfectly. "Same!" Hiroshima pointed to the mirror and indeed when they were compared...the similarities in physical look was tremendous. The only different was a little bit of a difference in facial structure. Jun was frozen, he scanned the mirror.

I couldn't say anything, in fact I went to say "it was just a coincidence." but the words didn't come out. I tried to talk and suddenly I paniced. The bowl in my hand, one I had cleaned up and was about to put away fell and smashed agaisnt my foot. The blood started to pour...and my fear of blood started up. I fell to the ground, dizzy, light headed.

"Mommy" Hiroshima went to run but I shook my head and gestured for her to stay, the glass would hurt her bare feet. But at the same time, the blood continued to pour out of my foot. I grasped it in pain.

Jun held back Hiroshima. "Stay here. I'll help your mommy." My daughter started to cry and whimper, but she did as she was told and stayed in her spot. Jun navigated his way around the glass, kneeling down at my side. He looked over my foot for a moment, before picking me up bridal style.

"Hey...what the heck are you doing?"

He gave me a look. "What does it look like? I'm taking you to your room."

"But blood will get on the carpet!"

Jun smiled. "I was the fastest team member in high school, whenever I would run-"

"-no one would see me until I stopped." Suddenly, I realized that I had just finished his sentence. I guess I had heard it too much in the past and simply picked up the habbit again. I sighed.

His mouth widened. "Amazing! You finished my sentence! Are you psycho?"

"Psycho? Do you mean, telepathic?"

He laughed. "Telepathic isn't a word! It's psycho!"

I shook my head. Yup...even amnesia and thre years hasn't changed his attitude. "Baka..."

"Baka? You're the idiot...telepathic...that has nothing to do with reading minds." I'd heard his bragging words on how he was a fast runner, but to be honest as we went up the stairs, I could have sworn he was a snail. By the time we had gotten upstairs, my foot had trailed more blood and stained the carpet so much more thn if a person were dying with blood splurting out of every angle.

When we reached my room he awkwardly put me down on my bed, then took the first aid kit and and started to treat my foot. "I can do it..."

"It'll be done in a minute." He interrupted. Jun looked up at me. "Do I look like I'm not capable of something like this?"

I shook my head. "No..." There was silence for awhile, before finally I spoke. "Why'd you help me?"

"Eh?" Jun looked up at me.

I stared at him for a moment, and he stared back. After a couple minutes he shrugged his shoulders. "I can't explain it...For some reason I felt like I...needed to help you." He laughed slightly under his breath. "It was almost like I needed to protect."

The words Megumi had said the day before played through my mind.

"There is hope."

I shook my head, looking down to the bed.

"Hey, don't missunderstand!"  He got up from his spot. "It doesn't mean anything."

The words only went through one ear and out the other...because I knew there was hope.

 

Authors Note: This is a happier chapter! Anyway, I'm going to push characteristics from now on. I feel like all my characters are the same...yeah :) I wanna make them realistic :) Please comment! (: