Chapter 6

Stronger Than Death.

"The soul is healed by being with children." 

 

"Stop following me!" Matsumoto exclaimed.

Hiroshima only smiled, placing her hands out. "Up!"

He looked at her, not bothering to say anything. The little child spoke her words like an adult, very precise and to the point. It was like she was five...however she was only two, this he definately know. "What? I'm not picking you up!"

"No?" Hiroshima kept her arms up. "Up!"

Matsumoto sighed. "No!" He started walking away from the child, side shuffling while keeping his eyes on her. The little girl kept following him. "Up!"

"Aish!" He started shuffling  faster. "I already said no!"

Little Hiroshima eyes started to tear, putting her hands down she looked away from him. "No...up..." Tears started falling down her chees, her eyes squinted. "No...up..."

He watched the child for a moment as she started to cry silently. Matsumoto was not good with children, even thogh one day he planned on having some. "Ah..." He went to pat her shoulders, but stopped, hesitating and debating whether or not, while moving his hand back and  forth in between the child and himself. "Don't cry...Aish.."

The girl continued to cry, only she louder and louder. "Ah..." He put his hands on her shoulders. "Don't cry...please don't cry."

It didn't work.

"Aish..fine." He picked up the girl in his arms. "That better?"

She smiled a little but, rested her head on his shoulder and started to cry more. Matsumoto found it awkward, he didn't know what to do exactly. Automatically his hand started patting her back very slowly and at a steady rate. It felt...warm and amazing. He would have never suspected that holding this child would make him feel so good. "It's like..." He looked at her face. "...she's mine."

Not to far away, the grandmother was peering from around the corner. A smile was on her lips. "And so..." She turned around, stretching a little. "It started."

Matsumoto started walking around the house with the child, who only let out small sobs after many minutes of wandering. "Hiroshima, do you like bunnies?" She rose from his shoulder, now he could see her red face. Hiroshima nodded her head.

He brushed the tears from her cheeks with his finger, smiling. Matsumoto started walking, thought Hiroshima had no idea where she was going. She only rested her head back on his shoulder.

They arrived at a small door that seemed to lead to a garage. "Look." He pointed to a small cage with his free hand. The little girl shyly looked over towards the cage and saw...bunnies! A lot of bunnies.

Her head left his shoulder. "Bunny?"

"Yeah, bunny!" Matsumoto rested her by the cage. "My bunnies."

He picked a black and white one out of the cage. "Be nice to them." Slowly, he put it down on to her lap.

"Pet?"

He nodded. "Yup. Pet it." The little girl started to calmly the bunnies fur.

"Hiroshima?"

The little girl smiled broadly as she continued to the bunny.

"Why do you like  bunnies?"

She looked up at Matsumoto. "Mommy says Daddy love bunnies. She said, that he showed her bunnies." Hiroshima looked down at the bunny. "I like bunnies too!"

So Aiya' fiancee liked bunnies? He watched the little girl. But then, he shook his head hard. No! Don't think of that! Aiya spiked his curiousity. Never in his life had he seen a girl so much in love with a guy so many years after his death. It was like she couldn't let go of him...or something important had occured recently which brought up those feelings again.

To be honest, he couldn't figure out why when he saw her, he felt some familiar feeling...like he had known her before, or had talked to her before, or had seen her before.

Matsumoto shook his head again, standing up and looking away from the child. It's just my imagination! He turned to view the child, as she played happily with te baby rabbit. Or is it?

Authors Note: Sorry for the short chapter! I thought this was necessary for you guys to get an idea of what he is thinking too..there will be A LOT of chapter before he remembers...