Chapter 3.

Stronger Than Death.

"Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop."

 

He was there...standing right there. The guy I had been in love with...the person who had picked up all the pieces to my puzzle and put them back together...the guy who had died. I didn't stare for a long time though it was hard...the very prescence of his face made me want to fall over from faint. "Gomen..." I bowed slowly. I could feel my insides shaking, my hands and my entire body. 

I turned towards the staircase, but then a foreceful hand placed itself on my shoulder. There was a couple of moments fo awkward pause before I my turned slightly in his direction, his facial expression was very much neutral and blank, like he had seen something he didn't expect or that scared him half to death. I brushed his hand off my shoulder using all the force I could to keep myself from tearing right then and started away towards the staircase.

"Mom." Jun's mother watched the young girl as she forced herself to walk away. "Who is that?" He sounded eager, like something inside of him just flared up in curiousity at her sight.

His mother sighed. "An impotant girl who changed our lives."

"Eh?"

"Nothing. She's a guest who will be staying at our house for a long time."

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The minute the door shut behind me, I fell to the floor, tears streaming down from my eyes to my cheeks, my chin, the floor. It was too painful, too painful to see him, feel him...know his prescence. He was here... Jun was here, but I couldn't do anything to cry out, reveal the truth.

Every single moment was filled with pain and anger, my head started to cloud with the horrible memories of that night. The way he desperately said he loved me, when I tried to murmur the only few words that I could possible say. I opened my mouth to scream, but nothing came out. I wanted to sit there and have a tantrum, I wanted everyone to know how sad I was, how much I wanted love to return. I jumped on to my bed and started to cry into my pillow. The memories...all the hopeless and pitiful memories. All the memories I wouldn't make, how much my children would suffer because they wouldn't have a daddy, how much I would suffer without the person who made me whole again.

It took me a long time to calm down....longer than most nights when I go into hysterics. But by the time I had calmed down, my breathing was back to normal, my face was a only  a little red. With moments like these, it was pretty easy to believe why I was so calm in front of other people. Taking a deep breath, I closed me eyes...I was only going to take a couple minutes to use mind control, or try it but the next thing I knew I awoke to a knock on my door. The night was setting in, the sun had already set. The door opened, and in walked grandmother. "Hiroshima's been crying nonstop for an hour downstairs."

I yawned. "Why didn't you wake me earlier?"

"You were asleep. I didn't want to disturb you...plus I heard what happened downstairs earlier today..."

I nodded my head. "I'll be down in a minute."

"You might want to hurry.." As grandmother closed the door, she uttered the last few words which I couldn't understand and closed the door. I the lamp and sighed...it was never my intention to fall asleep.

Taking a few minutes to cool down, I simply used the mind control method to keep myself calm...then I was out the door and heading downstairs. It was true, though from my room you couldn't hear it, Horishima was definately crying...but there was also screaming and yelling. "MOMMY!" Horishima never said more than a word...but she wasn't the only one crying, I could hear a babies cry too.

Downstairs, Megumi was trying hard to calm Hiro and Hiroshima down. Unfortunately it didn't work out so well, they just screamed louder and yelled a lot more. "Thank goodness you're here." Megumi ran to me as soon as as I hit the main floor. "They've been like this for almost an hour. I can't calm them down."

Hiroshima was on the couch, at first glance she rushed over and grabbed my leg. "Mommy! Mommy!"

"Sh. I'm here." I patted her on the head. "Don't cry anymore."

"Dissapear..."

The baby calmed down slightly. "I won't. Trust me..." I kneeled down so I made good eye contact. "Mommy won't go bye bye." She whiped her eyes. "Mommy...you scared..."

"Eh?" Hiroshima never said more than one word...at most two...I looked at her. "What do you mean?" I faintly heard the front door open and close, but my focus was on my daughter.

"You want daddy...You want daddy...where is daddy?"

I sighed. "I've told you that I don't-"

"Mommy!" She stomped her foot. "Where's daddy?"

I knew this day would come, the day I would have to explaine everything to her...but I didn't think it would so soon...this is only  the third chapter. Frustrated, slightly angry from the memories and feeling the tears return. I passed the baby back over to Megumi, picked up Hiroshima and sat her on my lap when I sat on the couch. Hiroshima was a smart child, if I explained it in words a five year old could understand she would understand...

"Hiroshima...daddy loved mommy and mommy really loved daddy. Mommy and Daddy were going to get married, but daddy got very hurt, he almost went to heaven. But he was saved, and he can't remember mommy. We need to keep daddy in our thoughts."

Hiroshima's eyes filled with tears. "Daddy...won't come back?"

The sight of my daughter...the fact that my eyes were tearing too only made things worse. I held her close, and simply nodded. And at that time I started to cry.

Matsumoto stayed around the corner. He himself felt that the girl was familiar...too familiar. "Brings you to tears." Grandmother stood beside him. "The poor girls life was focused so much on him..."

"Baka. Focus your life on one guy..." He shook his head. 

Grandmother shook her head. "Your mother knows better than I, though we speak think and act the same, I can tell you this. That girl's life was shattered. Broken family. Bruised life. Bullies. Tragedy. You name it, it happened. Her life was nothing to begin with, but then the sun came out...and everything bad was picked up and thrown away. One day, that tragedy occured and...she left to have that child. That beautiful little girl called Hiroshima." 

Though still Matsumoto felt it was stupid to simply obsess over one guy, he watched the girl with familiar eyes. In a way..he thought her beautiful...her hair, her clothing style, even the size of her feet...it was all beautiful.

 

Authors Note: Hey guys! GRANDMA TO THE RESCUE! I just had to say that! Anyway..it sounds cliche, but it's late and I'm tired and I don't know if I'll ever finish this, so when I have even a little spirit left in me I write! anyway...most of his memory refreshers and stuff will come through grandma as he gets closer to Aiya. There will be one main event near chapter eleven or twelve or so (if i get that far) that brings all his memories back...of course that the child is his! LOL! anyway...yeah! i'm going to sleep now! PLEASE COMMENT!