Chapter 2.

Stronger Than Death.

 "Surprise is the greatest gift which life can grant us."

 

"Here we are!" exclaimed Matsumoto's grandmother. "The Matsumoto Mansion!" It had been ages since my last visit...my children had never been here before, but still... "I don't think you've been here before." Matsumoto's grandmother waited until the car had completely stopped then got out. "After the tragic incident involving Jun, his mother insisted on packing up their belongings and moving into a new house."

"Really?" My daughter was asleep again. Like Matsumoto, she slept during a lot on buses, trains, airplanes, any transportation. As I got out of the car and unstrapped my children out of their seats, I heard a loud voice. "AIYA!" Hiroshima, ran towards the other end of the car, looking over at the entrance. She pointed over towards the house. "Scary lady..." Yup, it was definately Jun's mother.

I held Hiro with one arm, looking over the car with my eyes while shutting the car door. Indeed, a lady with huge sunglasses and a funny shirt that reminded me of hawii, and a huge straw hat came running towards use from the house. Hiroshima had come back to my side and grabbed my pant leg, hiding her face. "AIYA!" The lady embraced me in a tight hug, laughing like a funny maniac who had just gone a high. "You're such a bad girl..running out of us like that, especially after such a tragedy."

"Gomen." I smiled slightly. "I didn't mean to run off like that.."

"Is this her...?" Megumi, Matsumoto's mother, leaned down to make eye contact with Hiroshima. "My grand daughter."

Hiroshima didn't smile, instead she tried to hide herself more. "HIroshima. Why don't you say hi to grandma...?"

Still silence.

"Gomen..."

"It's alright. Let's get inside, it's suppose to rain within the hour....and we need to catch up!" She jumped excitedly before turning around and dashing towards the house.

"Grandma?"

I nodded my head at Hiroshima. "That's your Grandma."

The house was fairly large, the same saize as the last one. Grand, beautiful, it was all there. As we went up every stair, turned every corner, I realized that the house was very similar to the the last one they lived in. The paintings weren't different, the railings were the same colour, the halls had the same feel. Everything...even with the change of locations I could feel the pain, get a clear mind fo what happened...but I had to endure it for my daughter so she wouldn't see me cry,

Megumi opened a room. "You'll sleep here Hiroshima."

Hiroshima hesitated. "It's okay, go ahead." I encouraged her. She looked up at me for a second, then started towards the room. She looked around for a couple minutes, then her face brightened...though Hiroshima didn't smile. "Play?"

"Yes honey. Go ahead and play. I'll be downstairs if you need me." With that Hiroshima started to walk around, observing the toys.

"She's very smart. She can walk well...talk well.."

I nodded. "The doctor said she'd mature faster mentally than most children."

"Just like Jun..."

Without another word of exchange, we started downstairs. Hiro sat in my arms, sleeping away. So far he hadn't given me much trouble. As we got to the main floor, grandmother hurried over to me. "Dear, I think you need a rest.."

"No i'm fine really.."

Grandmother shook her head. "You've probably never gotten a break..."

I hesitated, I never had a break it's true...but when my children weren't around me, I would get fidgety. "Well...alright." I handed Hiro over to her.

"I'll take good care of him."

As grandmother started away towards the kitchen, I felt the air turn sour, Megumi led me to her living room. "Listen...I have a favour to ask you..." My eyes widened. A favour? Megumi rarely asked for favours...especially in the past. "Now listen, this is going to shock you...make you a little angry, you might cry...but please hear me through."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Alright..."

"Well you see..." There was a couple second pause before she said anything. "It's about Jun..." She looked to the ground...

 

 

 

"...He's alive"

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

My mouth certainly was open wide...I mean..wouldn't yours? For many minutes I was sure I was simply just staring at her, not saying anything else. "He's alive..." Tears formed on the brims of my eyes. "Y-you mean he didn't...?"

"Let me explain..." Megumi sat back in her seat. "I know it's a shock to you. It was to me and James when Jun's surgery was a sucess...But the reason we didn't tell you wasn't because we weren't trying to be mean...in fact if you had said something about being with child, then we would have definately said something." She took the hat off and placed it on the table. "You see the reason we didn't say anything is because he woke up with amnesia."

I thought the insides of my body were going to fall out. "Amnesia?"

"I knew it would break your heart...."

I was one to understand. I could see things from others people's perspectives...and though my mind was racing and my heart was pounding, her reasoning was pretty fair. "Hm..." I looked to the ground.

"I know this may seem inhuman...but I asked you to come back because well..." She scratched her neck. "I realized that you're the best girl for Jun...and right now he's engaged..."

"What?"

Megumi nodded. "The women's a fiesty one. She makes accusations, throws fights at bars, super rich and...well, let's just say I hate her. I'm not just doing this for me...I remember that night too." Megumi got up from the couch and took a seat beside me. "I remember how hard you cried, how much you wanted to blame yourself...and how quickly you left. Please..."

"But..." I looked down to the ground, I could feel the tears falling. "He's got amnesia, he won't remember." I wiped my tears with my fingers.

"There is a bit of a light actually." Megumi smiled. "He remembers odd things..and some of those things were little habbits you had, the things you said...even...the last thing you said to him.

 

Matsumoto smiled at me after breathing those words.

"Love...." I tried to push the words ot of my mouth though I couldn't really speak. But at the time I found that miracles happened. "finds...a...way..."

 

"Love finds a way." I murmurred under my breath.

"There's hope...please try."

I shook my head. "I..can't.."

"Please."

"I'll think...about it..." It was the only way to get Megumi off my back. I was going to think about it, but right now I didn't know for sure. I got up from the couch. "Where's my room?"

"Opposite of Hiroshima's."

I nodded. "I'm going to take a nap."

As I turnd to leave the door opened...and  familiar voice exclaimed. "Mom...I'm back..." But I didn't recognize it completely until I turned the corner and bumped into them.

"Whoops sorry..." I looked up and recognized him..Matsumoto, Jun.

 

Authors Note: QUESTION: Should he recognize her right away, so I can focus this story mostly on dealing with the other girl, or should I wait a couple chapters?