[UNTITLED]

Gender Blending

 

“Its about time to be true to yourself amber liu” she told her reflection over the mirror and sighed to herself.

[“I like sunny noona..”

“OMG”]

That was the moment she did admit to some one about her feelings. At first she thought maybe it was key that was bothering him. But it was in fact sunny. From the night she can’t sleep and at the moment she found out that the guy was key, she isn’t the type who easily gets jealous but she’s paranoid about it. ‘what if they aren’t in a relationship yet?’ ‘what if the whole world finds out that they’re not s anymore?’ ‘did something really happen between them?’ ‘since when did they like each other!’

The questions made her feel dizzy all of a sudden.

“yah amber! You’ve been in the restroom like forever! Get out of there! Nature is freakin’ calling me!” shouted henry, along with a series of “bangs” on the door.

“Coming hyung!” she yelled out loud before giving one last look at her other self in the mirror.

When she reached out the door and unlocked the knob, it quickly flew open and her face got hit at the edge. Looks like someone’s in a hurry on getting to the toilet.

“OW!” she groaned, rubbing her nose, silhouette just went past her and went straight to the toilet.

“ew! Hyung! You farted!” she whined, pinching her nose after smelling the stench that filled the restroom.

“Yah! Get out of here already it’s my private moment! Go on! Scram!” he even threw a tissue roll on her.

She quickly ran out of the bathroom, and slammed the door behind her.

Amber heavily sighed.

“Why the long face koala bear?” she looked up to see zhoumi sitting over the living room reading the daily paper.

“its nothing hyung…I’m just confused, that’s all..” she exclaimed, in a disappointed tone.

“about what?” he asked as he went on to the next page with what he’s reading.

“ermm…” she’s taking a moment to answer.

“about love? Your gender? Have you realized that you’re still a girl? You had a crush on a girl in your school? Is there a weird stalker girl lurking? What?” he enumerates and one of them just hit the jackpot.

“I choose Question number 4. Actually it’s not entirely about love because I don’t consider it love yet, and its about this girl in school..” she was trying not blush and scratches her head at the same time.

“ah so you are growing up! Isn’t that cute” he giggled, as he finishes on reading the newspaper and placed it on the center table.

He looks at amber and patted his hand on the couch, gesturing her to seat right next to him.

And with zhoumi, who was “the most trustworthy person ever!” in her entire life, consulting him would help her ease up from the stress.

She told her hyung about everything that is to be revealed, everything that had happened, her reactions and what she felt about it.

“Actually there’s only one thing I suggest you do..” he said while rubbing his chin.

“only one?” with all the babbling she said, how could she just get only one answer?

“Yeah.. And I suggest that you should do this more often starting on this day. It relieves stress..” he smiled, and squeezed amber’s shoulder before leaving her out.

“eh? That’s it?” she looked dumbfounded and confused with what he said.

She looked over the kitchen where zhoumi’s at. “yah! What do you mean by that hyung?”

“oh you already have the answer. You just don’t see it clearly yet.” He simply exclaimed.

 

Amber spent her weekend like it was only a day instead of two, or she’s was just feeling that time had flew too fast. It was time for her to depart with her brothers again, she never really wanted to leave them again but the problem is, they we’re about to leave as well. They had separate lives after all.

“Soo… Hyung! Where’s your destination this time?” amber asks hangeng, who the usual person he is. Would be at the kitchen stirring up something eat.

“I’m actually going to Guangzhou. The home of Cantonese cuisine~” he proudly says, as he flipped an omelet over the pan.

“Hyung, can I go with you?”

“No.” he answered flatly.

“But why? I’d rather travel the entire land of china along with you than going to school everyday and be bored until I finally get to graduate.” She said in a whiny tone, though that won’t really work on either of her brothers, especially this one she’s having a talk with.

“It’s because you’re still in high school, I’m still at my masters I need more time to concentrate on my career. Which would be the foundation of our bright future” hangeng inquires with his signature smile. He was being cocky and kind at the same time, as much as amber could read the guy’s actions. He was very much dedicated to study Culinary arts, and is obviously focusing on Chinese cuisine, cause he gets a big reward if he ever finishes on making the ultimate dish, his superiors we’re expecting.

“Yeah, you’re selfish. That’s what I know” amber says grudgingly.

“then I guess I’ll give the cookies and cupcakes I baked for you to henry then.” Hangeng said in sly disappointment. He was blackmailing amber with her weakness for sweets.

“I was just kidding!”

“That’s good.”

-

It was that moment again:

“Don’t worry koala bear~ we’ll see each other again.” Zhoumi said after breaking the tight hug he had with their only female dongsaeng.

“Yah! Why can’t I come with you guys! It’s really unfair. I once thought back there that you’d actually take me with you..” the tomboy complains, her face was all scrunched up and they we’re already at the parking lot, getting ready to give her a ride home, over henry’s car who’s in charge of giving her a ride home.

“Cheer up amber, and I know the reunion party has been bugging you the whole time. Get a grip will you? It’s going to be fine trust me.” Henry steps into the car and starts the engine.

Amber would have killed him if glares are deadly.

“You’re just saying it because you’re not in my situation.” She mumbles and stepped in the opposite side of henry’s car.

She was given a last few reminders, cookies, hugs and farewells before going off, back to town. Yet, she’s acting like a baby, because she knows what her perks are in being the youngest among them, and even though she’s crossing the line of how her childish behavior is towards her brothers…she was only trying to escape the reality that she’s not going anywhere but the reunion party next week.

-

‘Monday never felt so calm’

Amber was walking her way to school, got her earphones plugged in and she was listening to her favorite music letting its rhythm guide her steps, over the concrete ground. She was visualizing the music video on her head and couldn’t help but smile to herself.

But her sentimental moment was over when her loud-mouthed and so-called-best-best friend came in running, like she was being chased by someone.

“Amber!!! HELP!!!” cried the tomboy.

and just like a broken record her inner visions we’re interrupted.

“oh, good morning hyu—“ she was dragged away by hyunji’s fast pace leaving a trail of smoke behind, and amber was now starting to run like hell for no reason just to catch up with her.

“What’s up with you dragging me in with your mad running this early!” she was still busy with making her legs run faster, at the same time making her lungs pump more oxygen, it’s a more-or-less do or die situation, with hyunji being so “panicky” at the moment.

“Just get on with running and I never wanted to see that bastard again!!!” Hyunji shrieked and as if she was getting high on adrenaline rush, grabbing amber’s hand and ran at full speed, after taking a left to the main street.

“Not so fast hyunji!!! I might trip!”

“there’s no time for slowing down! Get your limbs workin’ and run like a man!!”

They ran as fast as they could and amber had already felt hyunji’s tension about that “bastard” guy she said, especially when she saw a red motorbike chasing them all over. And based from what she sees from the corner of her eye, it was a man wearing a helmet with some read streaks over the upper part of the head, the person doesn’t look scary because she can’t see the face but whatever it is, it doesn’t look good.

“If you say so..” Amber in a whole lot of air, and charged into the road like an athlete runner would do if he’s near the finish line, except that there Is no finish line and they have to run around everywhere just to make that mysterious biker loose his track over hyunji and now even her. The school wasn’t a good option, they might get trouble for it.

“Aish! Run! Run! Run!” hyunji roared, they we’re running in sync and not to mention that they’re starting to sweat a lot with the tension they feel as the biker approaches nearer and they ran like they we’re running for their dear lives.

It was never a joke playing tag with someone who’s on wheels and the others work their way on foot.

But it was about five minutes before they almost lost track of the biker who has also been persistent in running after them, and they luckily found a narrow street that was actually a shortcut to the main road where the school is about one block away.

“Did we loose him?”

“I don’t know! Just keep running!”

And as they went past through that narrow street, they we’re at the main road. It also looks like a mission accomplished for the two.

“Agh!! Damn I thought I was gonna loose my legs with all that chasing!” Hyunji brought her hands to her knees and she was sweating tons of droplets of perspiration across her face and her upper body, her blouse was almost soaked and her bangs would be the obvious and wettest part of her body.

“Can’t—run—any—longer—haaah..” amber exclaims in between taking deep breaths.

Both of them we’re panting heavily, trying to refill their lungs with air and they we’re complaining about the pain they’re starting to feel on their legs, amber fell on her knees and couldn’t care less if she was sitting on the concrete ground.

“What the hell did you do this time hyunji? And who’s that bastard guy chasing you?!”

“I did nothing amber, I was only doing what is justifiable for the girl I met—Oh damn, speaking of the devil!” Hyunji turned pale white, when she saw the biker walking up to them just a few steps behind amber.

------------