The more or less inevitable

Gender Blending

 

At the parking lot.. where the "key's welcoming-back committee" is located at.

"Hyung!! welcome back!" Minho greeted with the usual smile on his face, and gave him a hug.
"Thanks, Minho. aish i still can't catch up to your tallness!" he commented on minho's monstrous height, though he was satisfied with how tall he is right now.
He just feels a bit small-- well may be too small, when he's around.

Minho just replied with a chuckle, then he went over to taemin (who was suffering from the weight of key's biggest luggage) to help him carry the luggage and all sorts of things key bought back with him. Now, why did their maknae even think about doing strenuous stuff?

Onew was the next person who approached him.

"Welcome back key" and he was also the next person who gave him a hug... who knew how many hugs will he get in a day?
"it's good to be back hyung." Key said hugging back.

"Oh look! i've got car keys!! do you know what that means?" Onew giddily asked, as he showed the silvery-shinny keys, dangling on his fingers. Key was looking at it, like he was mesmerized or got hypnotized by it.

"NO WAY LEE JINKI..." he said in disbelief
"Yes way KIM KI BUM.." onew’s lips curled a snicker at his envious dongsaeng.

"Don’t get jealous about him getting a car! He’s a bad driver I tell you” A male voice shouted, and a blond guy emerges from the van.
“Jonghyun-hyung!!” Key’s face lifted up when he saw a familiar dinosaur looking guy.
“dongsaeng!” Jonghyun ran to him, glomping him on the exact moment key was about to hug him.
“Ow”
“Yah, you look frail! What were you doing overseas? Working?” jonghyun looked at key with his brows almost knitting together at both ends.
“I was studying, hyungnim.. Being frail doesn’t mean that I’m already working..” Key inquired, glaring at jonghyun for judging him incorrectly.
“Fine have it your way and onew-hyung’s not the only one driving around here.” He exclaimed with cockiness.

“Jonghyun-ah! Minho and Taemin are doing all the work on this—TRUCKLOAD of bags! And you’re doing nothing!” Onew scolded as he emerged from the driver’s seat.
“Well what about you hyung? You’re not helping them either..” Jonghyun shot back.
“Well I’m the driver here…If you complain, then don’t ever get inside this vehicle once they’re done..” he warned, pointing a thumb to the inside of the car.
“Alright! Hop in key!” The two of them went inside.

When they have placed all key’s belongings into the compartment. They have started their trip back to town.

.
.
.
.
.
While on their way, they started on talking non-stop. Like the wheels rolling non-stop, until it reached their destination.

They have talked about various people, various things and various places as time passes by at a slow pace. They even sang together just to kill the boredom…..

After singing to “Noona you’re so pretty”….

“I suddenly remembered victoria-noona” Key said, slightly frowning.
“I know I miss her too..” Jonghyun added.

[FLASHBACK]

Victoria Song…..

Back when they we’re in fifth grade (except for taemin who was in 4th grade back then), Key would always flunk his Math subject in school. One time the teacher called up his parents to talk about his low academic status, his parents’ of course we’re very disappointed in him.

“Young man, your father and I are not happy with your performance at school. You’re failing your math subject!!!” Mrs. Kim half shouted across the living room, along with his husband and their son, Ki bum looking down on the floor with a scowl on his face.
“But I don’t like math!! Mom! Why do I have to study that stupid subject!!” the young boy looked up to his mother with a pissed- off expression.
“ki bum If you don’t like math, then we’ll make you like math!” his father interjected, finally taking his eyes off the newspaper. And his tiger eyes focused onto his mini-version.
“So, we bought a tutor along, who will teach you everything FROM NOW ON” he raised the volume of his voice at the last part, with a victorious smirk forming on his features once he saw his son looking defeated. He knew that the kid feared him like he was a tiger, so whatever he orders him to do, his son would have no choice but to follow.

At that very day, it was also the first day he met his tutor.

He walked inside his room with his eyebrows nearly connecting above his nose, and an upside-down smile embedded on his face.

“this .” He mumbled, glaring down the floor.

“What ?” a female voice uttered out of nowhere.

His head snapped up, and he saw…

“Annyeong! I guess you don’t want me to tutor you huh?” There’s was a tall pretty middle-school girl, sitting at his desk, with her legs crossed.

Key squeezed his eyes three times before looking at her again.

His inner, deeper self started to hyperventilate, when looking into her eyes. She was like an angel to put it simply. Auburn hair, thin pale lips, tall and slender it’s exceptionally pretty. Especially those eyes, as if it belonged to a feline.

“a-a-aniyo, noona..” he stuttered, at the same time addressing her ‘noona’ yet he doesn’t know her name yet.
“It’s Victoria. And you must be Kibum?” she asked in a friendly way. Jumping off her seat and approaching the young boy who turned shy all of a sudden.

“Ah, d-dae.” He was now flushing red, avoiding her gaze.

“Aigoo, you look like a girl! You’re so cute” Victoria gave him a good pinch on the cheek.

“Aargh! Noona that hurts! And I don’t look like a girl!”

“Ooh you’re feisty, I like that” she was getting more fascinated by the boy in front of her.

Key had his blush shaded even darker.

“Come on dongsaeng. We have to polish your brain so that it would compliment your pretty face.” Victoria grabbed key’s hand and they both went to his desk.

Victoria turned at the door where she found Key’s parents giving her a dorky thumbs up.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

.
.
.

Taemin, minho, onew and Jonghyun grew suspicious on key since he’s starting to make a habbit of going home after class, rather than hanging out at the park like they would do. But their suspicion got them to the peak where they stalked him, the most likely result was meeting Victoria-noona and with the same situation key encountered, they all had developed a crush on her.

Ever since key was being tutored, the remaining four wanted to be tutored too, so the have been purposely flunking their grades, even taemin who was the top student in his class had no hesitation of doing it. And we all know the reason.

With competition happening within the group (not that they became enemies), they had different methods on catching her attention. Speaking on the contrary, they all failed.

“You guys we’re just jealous that I had a pretty tutor back then” Key said with all the cockiness he could have.
His friends just stared at him with an ‘as-if’ looking faces.
“Shut up! She isn’t yours to keep anyway..” Onew muttered, looking at Minho, taemin and key through the rearview mirror.
“Hyung concentrate on driving!” taemin glared back.
“Yah, I know I know, I got my eyes on the road”
“But you know, without Victoria-noona. ‘noona noemu yeppeo’ won’t exist” Minho inquired, everyone smiled in agreement with his statement.
The song was their graduation gift to her, when she graduated junior high, at the same time jonghyun and onew graduated elementary. It was a way of showing their appreciation to her as a noona, a crush, an idol, and a tutor.

“And she also called last night” he added, taemin, key, jonghyun, and even onew gave him a shocked expression.
“hyung eyes on the road please”
“Oh sorry” Onew shook his head and turned away.
“OMG SHE DID NOT!” Key would want to squeal and at the same time erupt in jealousy.
“Unfair! Why didn’t noona call me too?” Taemin frowned.
“She was just asking how everyone is doing. And how much she missed tutoring us”

A big grin curled up on their faces.

“I’m here waiting for her” said jonghyun, with a dreamy expression on his face.
“That’s supposed to be my line!” Complained the tofu, who just started on speeding up.

“I’ll show noona , my dance moves when she comes back”

“And I’ll proudly tell noona that pretty boys like me are still available, Kim Kibum is now a single man.”

Everyone gave another weird look on him, except for onew. “really” he wasn’t actually paying attention to them.

“Since when did you start on dating huh? Pretty boy” Jonghyun asked looking amused.
Key wasn’t exactly the first person that he could think of dating girls in a zap. He was a choosy guy for god sake.

“Not being to shabby are we kibum?” Onew smirked.
“you can say that again” key was starting to be cocky all over.

“I wonder if you could snatch a few chicks at our place” Jonghyun said with a skeptic look on key.

“FYI, hyung a lot of girls confessed to me back in elementary” and it looks like the guys we’re eager to know what really happened with his love life back in the day. Onew even slowed down the pace of the van so that he could listen to him as well.

“keep on driving hyung, the officers will charge you for not keeping up with the speed limit” Minho told onew

“Fine” he slouched, and followed what minho said.

Key took a deep breath before narrating the time line of his child hood love memories.

“When I was in 1st grade, Hana was the first person who gave me a love letter on Valentines day…In starting from 3rd grade the girls keep comin’.. and I could hardly remember their names…”

“Not A Valid story hyung..” a sarcastic taemin shook his head.
“Agree with him” Jonghyun added.
Key turned to minho who just shook his head with a disappointing look.

“Aish I can’t really trust you guys.” He pouted.

They all just smiled.

“Wait! I remember one!! I remember one!!” Key blurted out with sparkly eyes, making everyone flinch. “and you know her too..” there was a sly grin on his face.

“Give us the name then” Jonghyun folded his arms looking at hey with a skeptic look.
“That better be fact kibum or I’ll kick you out of this car” Onew warned, gripping his hands tightly on the maneuver.

Key moved closer to taemin and uttered.

“Amber Liu confessed to me back at sixth grade..”

Taemin slapped key. “Ow! What was that for!”

“Hyung are you out of your mind!” he yelled.
“What do you mean? I’m certain of it!” he said, rubbing his aching cheek.
“hey are you sure what you’re saying key?” Jonghyun arched a brow on key.
“I am dead serious people. Amber was the last girl who confessed to me” he said now getting annoyed with their inconsiderate reactions.

“Well I got news for you about amber” everyone turned their gaze to their driver.

“onew-hyung is right. There is something you ought to know about amber.” Taemin hesistantly said to key.
“She’s not a girl anymore..” Jonghyun said in matter of fact.
“What do you mean that she’s not a girl anymore? Elaborate People” Key looked at taemin. Jonghyun and minho who just stared back at him..

“What did she do to herself? She got a transplant?”

“No hyung” taemin said.

“wait-wait! She’s a hermaphrodite!!” key snapped.

“where did that come from?” Minho asked.

“well stop guessing and its getting worse.” Onew in air and said.

“Amber is a Lesbian period.”

Key’s eyes grew wide with his jaw dropping.

He never said a word and slumped back on his seat.

The guys didn’t even bother on asking him since they knew what actually may be running in his mind.

THEY FELL SILENT THROUGHOUT THE RIDE.