Amber's POV

Gender Blending

 

“hey look! You look like you’ve grown a mustache!” henry showed a mirror right at my face. And hell do I look humiliating. Chocolate was all over my mouth, and coincidentally.. it’s like tracing the curves of my lips. Totally weird. And Henry’s series of chuckles are somewhat triggering the hot core just around my temple.

“yah wipe the sweet stuff of your face… do I have to do it myself?” I was pushed back from the mirror when he stuffed a towel into my mouth, he’s not even aware that I nearly ate the thing. I got irritated when he was scrubbing it rather than wiping it.

My hand snatched the towel from his hand.

“Well I didn’t ask you to do it!” I just gritted my teeth and prior to my sanity I need to stop my veins from breaking out, before I do something to his cheeks. Oh yes, those plump cheeks that I wanted to abuse so much after all what—what—ah… really need to calm down.

“Dinner’s Ready in a moment~!!” hangeng shouted across the kitchen.

“well hurry up hyung! We’ve got the table set and the chocolates’ running!!” henry shouted back, after getting another bite-size “snickers” from the small basket on the corner of the dinning table. It’s filled with different names and colorful wrappings of chocolate. We helped ourselves without even bothering where to throw the wrappers.
Just place it on the table. That was henry’s instruction. he’s, I have someone to blame once we get under hangeng’s wrath. I hope not.

“What?? Hey if I get there without any ‘snickers’ left. You can leave the table and be officially banned from tasting the food I’ll be cooking..” hangeng’s voice sounded haunting and funny. Haunting since henry just ate the snickers. It was funny when henry’s expression fell into horror. Hangeng hyung was even polite while saying it.

“You’re on your own dearest hyung..” I said to him accompanied by a ‘good-luck with hell’ pat.

As I smell the aroma of hangeng’s cooking, filled the air. I watched henry with fascination as he came up with an alternative solution for ‘snickers’. From no more to chocolates’ wrapped in ‘snickers’ wrapper. He’s lucky that the wrapper has no seal and he just needed to twist the ends together.

Clever as always.

About half a minute later, the doorbell rang throughout the apartment.
“I’ll get it!” I shouted to no one and quickly rushed off to the door.
I feel blood pumping through my chest, really fast. And I know who that person just outside the doorstep is.

“Zhoumi-hyung!”
“Amber???!!”

Ahh… and I knew he’d give me a bear hug. I really missed my hyungs a lot.

“it’s good to see you again, my koala bear” he whispered as I was trapped in his wide and long arms.
“oh hyung drop the ‘koala bear’ name.” I pulled away from his hug and gave him “the glare”. I just learned that glaring at people is not so bad after all. Thanks to my dear friend HyunJi, I really have to learn from her and how to be gutsier antics.

“haha! Look at you! You’re really more handsome as I feared.” He said in astonishment, while his eyes we’re looking at me, bearing that expression.

“hyung, i’m really handsome since birth.” I said trying to be cocky, folding my arms together and raising my chin on him.

He just laughed at me.

“Aigoo aigoo! Come on now let’s have dinner..” he placed an arm around my shoulder and we went inside.

We proceeded to dinner right away.

Miraculously, hangeng did not notice that the ‘snickers’ he ate wasn’t really ‘snickers’ It really made me wonder how Mr. Peach plums did it.

I eyed at hangeng when he was to eat the last piece. But he caught me looking

“do you want the last one?” he asked with an offering hand.

“oh—no, you I already ate some a while go” I leaned my back to the chair considering I wasn’t sitting correctly because I was to worried about the matter.

“Well suit yourself..” he gave a good stare at the wrapper before he ripped it open and pulled out the so called ‘snickers’. Totally disturbing, he was like having malicious intentions at the chocolate. Ugh it gives me the creeps.

I felt someone nudge me at my elbow. It’s mr. peach plums.

I’ve decided to stay at this humble place over the weekends. And thank god it’s a Thursday. I won’t have troubles at going to school tomorrow since my first period starts at 9 in the morning I’m a bit further from school now but I have time to get there. More time to spend with my hyungs, through the upcoming weekend.

But I really need to speak of my intention right away, before I could forget about it.

“so what do you need?” henry came into the sofa.
“ A makeover.” I said. And he blinked three times before looking at me.
“aren’t you supposed to ask a girl?”
“hyung, I need A GUY MAKEOVER”
“Oh, well of course. Sorry about that..” he fell silent and tore his gaze off of me.

“well? Can I borrow some of your suits? I need it for a party..” I asked.

“Yeah.. but are you sure we’re of the same size?” he looked at me with suspicion from head to toe.

“but can I borrow the clothes that doesn’t fit you since last season?”
“Borrow? You can HAVE THEM! If you wanted to” he exclaimed, with his cheeks plumping up again.

“Really then?”

He nodded.

Well the clothing problem was solved, but I need more accessories too. Maybe I should borrow more stuff from henry too, but I think he won’t let me. I still have two hyungs to rely on anyway….

“Hyung..” I called to zhoumi hyung who was doing the dishes.

“what Is it amber?” he asked, without turning to me.

“Can I borrow some of the shades you have.. I need it for a party.” I felt hesitation after telling him that I need a pair of shades, when I thought that parties usually occur during the night and. Ok? Do I really need the shades anyway?

“a party? Well check out my drawer and if you liked one of them just get it.” He explained, still not looking to my direction. Is he concentrating much on removing the dirt on those plates?

“komawo hyung” I said before leaving.

“anytime koala bear” he responded.

Then I went to check out hangeng hyung, I knew him for being a “ladies’ man” because I heard a lot of girls like him for being such a gentle and good-mannered guy. He’s actually the first person that i would chose over hyunji when tutoring me on how to act and be a true man. And hyunji’s not a real guy too, so it’s better to learn from the ‘real ones’. Well there’s no time to waste now. I really have to prepare things and prepare myself for the reunion-party especially when my old friends and acquaintances see what had changed in me during the 5 or was it 6? Years of not seeing each other, except luna and hyunji. I don’t even want to think about what HE thinks when he sees me. Its not important anyway.

I came at hangeng hyung’s bedroom door. I knocked three times before I went in.

“Oh, need something amber?” he asked with surprise written all over his being. I found him sitting at the corner of his bed.

I took a deep breath. and not think about the things I never want to remember.

“hyung, I need to ask you about some stuff about being in a reunion party…”

He pulled over a chair beside him and told me to come in.

Like I had expected, hangeng-hyung’s much better to listen to than hyunji. So I went back to my room with a cleansed mind. Well i still have my own room at my hyungs’ place. This is my second home to be exact.

I looked over my study table and found my phone. I was so busy around the place that I forgot to see if there’s any message or call.

Flipping it open I saw on the screen; ‘10 missed calls’

Mental panic coming in……

I pressed the buttons until it showed who tried to call me and it came from one person but it says anonymous. Yet i also received and sms from that person.

“hey amber, its sunny hir. I ws wonderin’ if u cud come Over d house, we hav a slumber party goin’…^^;;”

Then her next message says:

“oh, if ur busy its ok, but I hope u come’’

The last one says: “noona is waiting ^_^”

I like the sound of a slumber party but I think mostly, hara and some girly girls would be the ones present. It’s half a relief that I didn’t come.

But what if noona’s mad at me? Aish, I feel troubled all over again.

___________________________________________

[THIRD PERSON’S POINT OF VIEW]

The so called slumber party over sunny’s place ended, in an early night. The butler had told them they have to stick with the house curfew which is at 10pm onwards until 4am in the morning. If they don’t shut their eyes before the clock strikes ten. The guys will have their party in candle lights or flash lights. And it would likely be a fright night too.

____________________________________________

From the , some people complied to sunny’s invitation. It included Gong Minji. Taemin’s classmate and sort-of best friend. The choi siblings, krystal, and sunny’s classmates Taeyeon and HyunA.

And it was a fun night for them. With everyone falling in deep sleep once the lights went out.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
At 12 am a snoring key was disturbed by a loud buzzing.

His eyes partly opened and saw sunny’s phone over the dresser furiously vibrating and the screen blinking numerous times.

‘ugh. Why did the alarm go on at a time like this’. He thought, with an arm reaching out to the phone.

He looked at the screen and his eyes opened wider.

‘amber’s calling! At a time like this?’

Pressing the green button… “hello?” he greeted the English way.

“uh..hello? sunny-noona?” amber’s voice came through the speaker. It made him froze that he lost the drowsiness he had just a second ago.

“hello? Noona?” amber spoke again, when no one was responded.

“Noona’s asleep.. what is it?” He managed to reply.

“Ah, so.. who’s this anyway?”

“Her boyfriend.” He lied.

“O—omo! I’m soo sorry! I wasn’t meaning to—er, you know well.. tell noona that I’m very sorry for disturbing the two of you at this time..ahahaha. Bye!” she said more loud and tensed.
But before he could speak, amber immediately dropped the line.

‘why is she stuttering’ key stared at the phone with confusion…

He fell back to sleep after that.