Past Rejection

Gender Blending

 

"WHAT!!!! A reunion party????!!!" Amber Blurted out, with people around the cafe looking at her cautiously.
she was talking with Luna through her phone.
"You heard me, a reunion party.....WE-GET-TO-MEET-OUR-CLASSMATES-BACK-IN-ELEMENTARY-YEARS-AGO.." Luna said on the other line, uttering the words slowly.
"Years ago? are you kidding, i feel like we only graduated YESTERDAY" she complained, with a frown on her face.
"Hey, it won't be bad... its just a reunion party, anyway...its good to hear news from them..and aren't you excited to see either sulli or krystal?" Luna asked.
"Of course i want to see them. but the problem is...." she paused when the waiter came to her with a tray, serving what she ordered.

"Here's your Black Coffee and Sugar-raised donuts.." The waiter said with a smile as he lay the plates on her table.
She lifted her head and returned the smile. "thanks" she mouthed, and with her looking satisfied, the waiter left..
"the problem is what?" Luna asked.

"Isn't it obvious luna? If five years ago, i have long black hair and i wear pretty dresses, how would you think would they react seeing me..DIFFERENTLY?" amber pointed out,
taking a sip on her coffee.

"Is that all dear? Amber Amber.. people change..Its not their problem if they see you and go 'OMONA SHE'S A LESBIAN!' you never know, Alexander may be gay" Luna's chuckle happened to be louder, through the speaker.
but sadly her joke didn't work on amber.

"you don't know either if the others have changed as well, who knows what will they even say about me.."

"Look. If you don't come...the reunion party isn't going to be a reunion party.it'll all be bad." there was a hint of seriousness in her voice.
Amber remained silent, swirling the coffee in the mug before taking it to her lips.

"Also, you-know-who is coming back from America!!" Luna's way of speaking suddenly turned different, and amber nearly spat her coffee.

"Hey, are you alright?" She asked right away, when she heard amber's constant coughing.

"Oh yea sorry, the coffee was hot" She lied, grabbing a tissue with her free hand.
It wasn't really the coffee's fault. It was HIM.

"Well, again i tell you Amber Liu...Come to the reunion party next week..but not quite sure when and where exactly" Luna demanded.

"Hey, i'm a busy person these days..i can't promise you that...and.." Amber paused, and wiped the last wet spot on her face.

"Can't we discuss about it at school? I'm running out of battery!!!" she muttered straightly to the phone's mic.
Luna laughed through the other line.

"Dae, Dae, yah i told you to buy an extra battery if you don't like to bring a charger with you" she scolded, yet it didn't sound like she was scolding.

"I'm not a camper luna, gahh i only have an hour to use this.. We'll talk about that at school ok? Bye now!"
And she finally hanged up....

------------------------------

Through the whole day, she was pre-occupied with the reunion party luna told her about. She felt anxious, excited, happy, pissed, and nervous. How the hell would she tell
her old classmates why she had changed through the years? Well if it wasn't for Kim Ki Bum or more commonly known as key, she may still be the same. Well who was he again?

Oh yea, he was her first crush in elementary.

'why does he have to invade my mind again?' amber thought to herself, and gave a slap on her forehead.

The good times, the bad times, the rejection. how could she forget?

when she thought that KiBum likes her too, he was actually a sly devil who just took her kindness and affection for granted.
HE WAS THE REASON FOR HER CHANGE.

[FLASHBACK]

"Key, i-" the petite girl in a pretty blue dress, lowered her head, trying to hide the blush that tainted her cheeks..
"Amber.." The young boy responded, followed by a sigh.
"Well, You know i really-really er..." she struggles on saying out the words..
"Like me?" He finished her statement, leaving amber shocked and her eyes widened, looking at him.
"How--"
"Amber, i'm not blind. from the start i knew it.."
"Then you--"
"Sorry, i don't like girls who give in too much on guys like me...." He said, rather in a cocky way.
Young amber suddenly felt hot tears leaking out from her eyes. But she fought it back.
"Yah, i never gave too much, i was trying to be nice!" she muttered, now looking furious.
"oh yea, i believe you... LIAR" key mockingly said, with a smug look on his face.
"Why you-" She was about to attack him when the school bell rang and it was time for their last subject in class. and their Last day as elementary students...

'I HATE YOU KEY...I NEVER LIKED YOU...' lying to herself, she finally released her tears, as she walks along the silent corridor illuminated by the afternoon sun's rays..

[END OF FLASHBACK]