Frustrations, Stress? Think Again

Gender Blending

 

 

From 12 in the midnight onwards, amber can’t get herself to sleep. Tossing and turning around the futon, with the blanket scrunched up in the corner hence, she actually never wanted to sleep with a blanket anyway.

“ugh, I’m such an idiot! I should’ve called her in the morning..” she cursed in mind, hitting her own forehead on the pillow for a couple of times. Thinking how embarrassing it was that she interrupted the moment between sunny and her “boyfriend”. (But she actually had the wrong idea because key made a prank on her on the phone.)

Having doubts and anxieties, she’s got insomnia for tonight.

“Still awake Dracula?”

“God, hyung If you sneak up on me like that, another time. I’ll punch the nightlights out of you!”

“As if you can, amber. And aren’t you supposed to be in our room?”

‘Well how can I sleep when I’m with a heavy snorer like him.?’ Amber cursed in mind.

Henry switched the light on the living room and hopped in the couch, just behind amber’s futon.
“Can’t sleep huh?” he said after staring at the dark circles forming beneath her eyes.

“Yep.” She blinked, adjusting her vision to the light that filled the room.

“hyung, do you think that if a boyfriend and a girlfriend are still awake at this time, could they be doing something?” Amber asked.

“why do you say so?” henry arched a brow, and took his milk.

“because, I sorta called my friend a couple of hours ago and…his boyfriend was the one who picked up the phone, and I think he was offended that I never knew he was noona’s boyfriend.. He told me noona’s too tired to talk and he sounded like he just got up from bed..” amber had a disgusted look on her face with the imagery that was clouding through her mind. Henry knew what she was trying to picture in mind.

“so you’re thinking that they’re having ?” Henry asked, and amber was taken back at his statement.

“Shhhh!!” she’s got the warning look all over her face.

“Don’t worry, the hyungs are fast asleep.. and am I right amber?” he asked again before he took one last gulp of his milk.

“but hyung I don’t want to think of it that way…” she frowned.

“you just did.” Then henry left the couch.

The only sound that was heard was his footsteps and the rush of water through the faucet and hitting down the metal sink.

Amber never said a word and waited for him to turn off the lights or something.

“Forget about them amber, its not good to be nosy with others’ privacy..”

He surprisingly went back to the couch in his old cozy spot.
Amber was grateful that he looked interested to hear her out to kill the time.

“So… how are we going to get you to sleep, you still have classes tomorrow.”

“It starts at 9 am. No worries.”

“But you’re an hour away from school. And this place isn’t just a block away from school like you dorm does. Sweetie” He inquired.

“Could you stop worrying on how I get to school tomorrow? And believe me.. I really want to go to sleep if it wasn’t for…” pinpointing the reason, which was banging repeatedly on her head and saying it out through . She’s having a hard time to do the output.

“Oh..never mind. It’s like you have a choice not to think about it or the other way around” Henry said, shoving it off, he clearly understood that amber is still prone to ‘intimate’ things people do while living. Plus, she’s still a girl. In spite of the Look and the attitude you can never really change everything in her.

“How about I get you a glass of milk?” He offered.

“I guess that wouldn’t hurt. Yeah. Sure hyung” Amber nodded and gave a slight smile.

‘I feel so helpless…’ her inner self sighed, as she watched Henry to the kitchen.

………………………………………………….

“Good morning amber!!!!!” Luna came to her desk with a big grin, oddly excited about something, in this quiet morning.

“Good morning Luna…” Amber had a feeling of enlightenment when she saw her came in the room. Boredom nearly stoned her in her seat..

“So..well I already have the tickets girl!!” she started jumping for joy. Like a kid, who can’t wait to open her presents during Christmas. But amber on the other side felt like being up on the North Pole.

‘the world is harsh..’

“Krystal went over my place and viola~!” Luna took out two decorative papers out of her bag.

“Is that the invitation?”

“Heck yes.”

“Oh…how…nice of krystal…” She said half-heartedly.

Luna, getting bothered with her actions, she squeezed amber’s left cheek.

“Ow!!! Y-yah!! That hurts!” Amber cried, with one eye twitching as her cheek gets carried away by luna’s ever violent hand. Now she’s starting to think that she may be a sadist.

“Liven up will ya’? I can see that you look more on the pessimist’s side..” Luna monotonously said, dropping her hand on the desk.

“I’m trying. But today I really just can’t…ugh I’m sooo stressed!” amber groaned, with hands placed on both sides of her head.

She can’t forget about last night, the party after the next seven days, and the insecurity swelling up, and it wouldn’t be long until she sees old familiar faces again. Still, she feared that everyone may have a negative feedback on her. And she never felt so conscious about her well being, her entire life. And that’s proof that she is in her teenage years already.

“You really need to let that inner frustration out” Luna said, looking at her pale friend with worried eyes.

The school bell rang and a second later, everyone’s eyes flickered when they say a handsome young man stepping in the room….

“Good morning class. I’m here as a student teacher and my name is Choi Seung Hyun. I’ll be Mr. Jongmin’s sub.” His deep voice filled the whole class with curiosity and excitement. He looked unfriendly to start with, but the girls are having doubts with his cold aura but he had a small grin on his face.

“Oh my gosh, I hope Friday mornings are always like this..” Luna can’t take her eyes off the sub. Amber gave a weird look on her.

“I rarely see you take interest in guys eh..” she commented, getting a bit amused at the sight of almost every girl (except for her) swooning over choi-sunsaengnim.

“well this rarely happens amber!! Hot teachers are born once in a blue moon!” Luna had flushing red cheeks just like her other girls in class.

“Ugh. Oh man not him” Hyunji whined and buried her head in her arms.

“what’s wrong with her?” Luna asked.

“oh. Actually sunsaengnim over here is the boyfriend of her sis.” After amber told luna, hyunji gave her a whack on the head.
“I was supposed to spill the beans to her. Not you!” she hissed.
“hey, it isn’t a big deal anyway.” Amber was enjoying the fact hyunji was in her dark state right now. It rarely comes to her.

“WHAT! Too bad he’s taken..” Luna disappointingly said, looking at hyunji’s sullen form on the desk.

“It to have an ‘almost-in-law’ as your teacher huh?”

“I just wish I never met him and especially my sister!” she cursed, Luna just comforted her with a hand running on her head.

“ here are a few rules In my class. One, address me as TOP-sunsaengnim” he said in a friendly tone.

“Dae!” the class replied in chorus.

“Two. I want everyone paying attention in my lectures, or else. I give hard quizzes” his voice deepened a bit. And murmurs we’re heard all over.

“And lastly, since I am only 22, forget about rule no.1, call me oppa or hyung if you want.”

Everyone threw paper balls at him.

‘this looks like a fun class to be with’ top smiled at the thought. Then he stood back up after dodging that deadly stuff.

“So, is everyone in my class decent?” he asked, fixing his bangs and flipping it out.

He can only hear crickets responding.

“Now what kind of question is that teacher? I return the question to you. Is Choi-sunsaengnim a decent teacher?” Muttered a girl who spoke in a deep and sort of manly way and she was acting it too.

“Well, isn’t that a daring question dear? Aren’t we a bit gutsy for a girl?” he seemingly had interest with her.

And judging by how she dressed. ‘I never expected that She’s a ‘one-of-the-boys’ type of girl’ TOP thought.

“Can’t we just get a teacher-free period for once?” she complained with a frown.
TOP, pursing his lips, picked up the folder on his desk and opened it to look at the “class-profile” and there, he found her.

“Ah..Park Hyun Ji” he muttered with his eyes on the folder.

“what?” she asked, in a cold way.

“You can go now.” He smiled.

“Really?” she asked, getting confused. “Yes. To detention” he smirks.
After Hyunji got kicked out of the room, the spent the whole period like the usual day.

And lunch came and so Hyun Ji was reunited with them.

“How was detention?” Luna came to hyunji like a mother with her hands holding hyunji’s arms and Hyunji had a wide grin on her face.

“G.O.O.D.” she even spelled it out.

“How about you guys? I bet that bastard killed the period.” Hyunji’s voice deepened on mentioning the bastard he was talking about.

“not really, but why are you so mad at him?” Luna asked.

“please don’t talk about this to anyone else but me you and amber?”

“What about it? And why is my name involved?” Amber shouted from the bench.

“Yah! Shut up there!” Hyunji yelled before turning back to luna.

“I promise that the secret’s safe with me” luna held a pinky up.

“GOOD” hyunji smiled and made a pinky swear with her.

“TOP was the one who impregnated my sister.” She held her breath after saying it. Looking at luna who had an “O” expression.

She waited for Luna to give a reaction.

“Well?”

“….”

“He is a bastard” Luna agreed. Hyun ji gave a her a high five.

---

The girls had their talk shifted from their teacher, to the reunion party. The part amber really hates, and feeling hopeless that she could get away with it.

“Gah! I almost forgot about the reunion party and heck count me in!” Hyun Ji lively said.

“See amber! Even hyun ji is going!” Luna said to amber, and once again she’s trying to lighten the tomboy and she knew that amber was only forcing herself into it.

“Luna, I already said that I’ll be going and I’m prepared to attend the reunion party. PERIOD.” Amber monotonously said, before she took one bite on her Reese’s peanut butter cups.

“Hey, I haven’t forgotten about what happened earlier amber. And I demand to know what happened to you over your hyungs’ place.” And luna had that scolding tone again.

But amber was ignoring her and she was pretty hung up on the peanut butter, she has a weird way of eating them.

The two observed amber who was getting at the end of her meal.

“what?” amber stared back at them.

“spill the beans amber!” hyunji bluntly said, moving towards amber’s spot.

“Get that frustration out of you!” luna added.

“frustration? Spilling the beans? What the heck are you talking about. I’m perfectly fine” amber gave a ‘what the are you people trying to say me’ expression.

“leave it. She’s still denying.” Hyunji lost her excitement and moved away.

“you’re hopeless amber liu” Luna sighed.

Amber decided not to speak up since she forgot what they we’re talking about. Well partially in fact. ‘I was too busy eating my reese’s!’ she reasoned out to herself.

With the time running, hyunji decided to leave first.

“Oh, I have to go over sunny noona’s classroom. She’s got my invitation. I’ll see you two in class” she said, brushing of the dirt on her skirt.

“Yeah, see’ya. And tell unnie that I said hi to kibum. I heard that he arrived yesterday.” Luna reminded and gave a small wave.

“What? Key’s here?” Amber looked up to hyunji with a shocked look.

“Yep. I think the whole SHINee group fetched him over the airport.” Hyunji inquired.

“Aren’t we sounding a little excited?” Luna’s eyebrows arched on amber’s odd reaction. In years she hasn’t seen her give that kind of reaction to a boy. That is, except for his Chinese brothers.

“Yah, I had my phone crashing with her missed calls and texts. And I don’t even know how she got my number!”

“and? Go on sweetheart.” Luna said.

“Last night well… I mean. Around midnight I tried calling noona back but a guy answered the phone…” she trailed off, as if her mind is solving a puzzle right now.

“damn! That guy must’ve been key!” she snapped.

“So you talked with him already without knowing.”

“Pretty much yes, And—” realizing more things as she continued thinking about it.

The Green Thoughts popped in her head. And re-visiting her mind, now edited.

“I need to ask noona some questions.. ” she stood up with a tensed expression.

-------------------------------------------------

On the suns’ mansion:

“thank god you guys exist!” Key said in relief when minho, krystal and sulli came over to the mansion, where he nearly died out of nothingness.

The girls just laughed at his pitiful face.

“Aww.. oppa misses us badly” sulli taunted.

“Very funny sulli” Krystal gave a playful slap on her back. she’s laughing it inside.

“knock it off you two. You just missed him more than he did” Choi minho told the two and stood right next to key with a smirk.

“am not!” guilty voices hollered in chorus.

“oh yes you do.” Minho chimed.

“am not!” they shot back.

Minho and key exchanged glances and laughs.

“Oppas are soo mean!” a grumpy sulli puffed her cheeks.

“hmph!” krystal agreed with her arms crossed and her brows slanted.

“You two got more childish. You age abnormally..” Key told the girls, trying not to be harsh, but polite at the moment.

--- Almost throughout the day, Key spent company with the girls and Minho.

And now that he’s back in korea, he wanted to fix some things until he could start living normally again, plus, he’s now an independent guy.

Thinking about his plans, he had a discussion with minho.

“Aren’t you too young being a sophomore in college?” minho asked. And at the same time he was curious how the guy skipped college. They’re of the same age, yet he’s in college while he himself is still stuck in high school.

“Haven’t I told you? The phils’ got a different education compared to korea. Face it minho, I received my high school diploma earlier than you did.” He said sounding cocky as usual.

“I know, I know, and what university will you study at?” he asked. After all, he is in college.

“ I think its an hour train away from this place…I forgot the name”

“Way to go. Mr. i-graduated-high-school-earlier” minho mocked.

“Yah! I make mistakes! I’m human!” key gave a slap on minho’s arm.

As these two we’re getting busy on discussing school stuff.

Krystal and Sulli had moments on themselves.

“unnie!” the two girls shouted in unison over the phone.

“missed me?” a female said back on the other line.

“NO!” they shouted, laughing at the same time.

“Too bad. I’ve got grand presents for your birthday and yet, you resent me.” The voice had a sad tone.

“Oh—Bogoshipda unnie! We we’re just kidding!” the two lost the unity of speaking those lines still they we’re laughing a bit, different than the previous one.

“Hey, I hope you girls can keep a secret alright?”

“oh. You can count on us!” krystal said.

“we’ve got sealed lips until you arrive!” Sulli added, making a zipping gesture on .

The person just chuckled on the other line.

“well I’ve got a big bill on the phone already. Bye girls.”

“bye unnie! Can’t wait for the presents!” the even waved over the phone, before they notice ‘she’ dropped the line already.

Krystal and sulli exchanged glances and sneakily went out out leave the two boys.