KEY'S POV

Gender Blending

 

[KEY’S POV]

We arrived over taemin’s house at 5 pm, and as usual i’d see mrs lee in her pretty floral apron. The only difference now was it’s not color orange, the last time I was here, she had a green apron. I wonder where she gets a supply of that stuff?

“Now now, kibum don’t get yourself, messy around the kitchen. Just relax with the others over the Living room. You just came from a long trip” Mrs. Lee gave a pat on my shoulder and gave a motherly smile.
“Thanks, but I miss cooking for everyone. So can I at least help?” I begged clasping my hands together.

“Ah I can’t refuse now can’t I? If taemin we’re like you I’d be the happiest mother on earth.”

“And I think you already have a good son, he couldn’t have been my friend if he wasn’t the person he is right now.” Mrs Lee gave another “awww” expression at me. Well I have to say ‘If my mother was like her, I’d be the happiest son on earth’.

I helped her make dinner and gladly, taemin took care of my stuff.
I’m staying over taemin’s place, until I get the keys to our old apartment, which I didn’t leave on purpose. Another pain aish.

At dinner time taemin’s mom, insisted that I should lead the prayer. Well to tell you guys, the lee family is truly devoted to Christianity, and I have to say that I am a Christian but I’m not religious compared to them, if the five of us would have a tally of ‘how many times you go to church?’ taemin would win without a doubt.

After eating a scrumptious dinner with the lee family and with my friends…

“Omo, I have to go now. I’m going to fetch Krystal over luna’s house.” Minho said after glancing over his watch.

Luna? I wonder how she’s doing right now. I’m amazed that Minho, Sulli and Krystal had contact with people I barely remember. Does that make you a pabo kim kibum?
I wonder if they met amber already, yah stop thinking about her! So what if she’s a lesbian, I rejected her half-a-decade ago what’s my problem about that? She must have been dating guys or should I say he may be dating a lot of girls already.

“hyung are you alright?” I notice taemin looking at me.
And his face is nearly 3 inches away from mine.
“Oh—hey! Are you planning to kiss me or what?!” I yelled, pushing his face with my hand.
“Minho-hyung was saying goodbye to you but you we’re too spaced out.” He said.
I jumped off my seat and looked for any signs of minho.
“Hyung, he left already.”
“Oh” was all I could say.
Curses! It’s all amber liu’s fault. If you weren’t such a shocker, I couldn’t care less
I hear taemin and her sister, sunny, bursting into laughter. Oh cripes, that was really embarrassing.
“Aigoo, I really have to agree that kibum’s much cuter than taeminnie, eomma” Sunny noona told mrs. Lee. They we’re both struggling from laughter control.
“Ahahahaha, now now your brother will get jealous sunkyu dear.” Said mrs. Lee with a cheeky grin on her face, taemin stared at me DIFFERENTLY.

“You’re not actually getting jealous ne taemin?”

The Kid never changed one bit.

And I almost forgot about sunny-noona. Lee Sun Kyu or who we often call; Sunny-noona. She isn’t really related to the Lee family, despite the surname similarity. To be specific, she’s taemin’s god sister. Sunny-noona came from a very rich family and like the stereo typical rich girl. She’s having a hard time dealing with parents, so the lees (taemin’s side) we’re like the ones who give her the “quality time”.

They share a very good relationship too.

After all that chatting sunny-noona came to the topic where It involved, where I should sleep.

“You know key, my doors are always open for you” she said. I had a feeling that she’s taking me home.
“Are you sure noona?” I asked, still not sure if I should get in her trap or what.
“Kibum, do you have to ask that?!” she pried.
“does that mean, I’m not sleeping here?” I stole glances at mrs. Lee and taemin.
“Well…I think it’s best If you’d stay over sunny’s.” Mrs. Lee shrugged.
“Eomma, I heard Eun-kyung is going to bring a her classmates over tonight..” taemin told mrs. Lee while stealing glances over sunny-noona and me. Is he trying to get me out of this household because he’s getting jealous? Omo. Mushroom-boy you are making me laugh.
“Oh she is?” Mrs. Lee looked rather surprised.
“Dae eomma. She just texted me.” He exclaimed, flipping out his blue lollipop phone. Seriously I have got to get one of those.
“Okay then.” I could tell mrs. Lee that she had no choice but to approve of what her son had said.

“So..we’re going now.” Sunny-noona rose from her spot.
“wha-what! I haven’t picked up my luggage yet!”
“Nah, don’t worry now. The butlers will pick it up for you…” she told me, shaking off a hand.

So after my best friend, slyly busted me out of their house, I’m now in the place where I had mistaken as paradise.

But I have to say, KARMA EXIST, AND COMES FAST ^_^

It all happened when we arrived at the Lee Mansion.

“So Kibummie, what do you think?” Sunny noona asked, breaking the gawking spell upon me.
“Oh. Well I have to say it’s obviously big, for a guest room and I’m grateful that you let me stay here noona.” I said, being all cool around her.
I heard another chuckle.
“Yah, you don’t have to be so formal even if you’re in my territory” she gave a pat on the back, yet it didn’t felt like a pat. It was more of a whip.
“Noona, I’m getting embarrassed.” I coughed.
“You don’t have to—“
“Young mistress, you have taemin-sshi on the phone” their butler who looked like in his late twenties, came in the room with a phone in hand.
“Oh? Thanks oppa” sunny smiled grabbing the phone. And I nearly forgot about the butler if he had not made an obvious exit. Don’t even ask on what he did.
Now why would taemin call? Has he realized what he’s done to me? Does he want me back? Oh man. I’m having doubts if I should go back and I’m starting to like this place! I wish sunny-noona won’t let me go back! No way have I not wanted to sleep in the queen sized bed over there, and have the maids prepare the milk bath for me. For once In my life, will I experience luxury..

I immediately threw myself on the queen-sized bed. I smelt the aroma of different flowers; I felt the softness of the covers against my skin. And it’s smooth too. I like to feel smooth things. I partly opened my eyes and saw the pale orange light, the lampshade emits from the white drawer at the right side of the bed.

“Oh, that would be great! Hurry up taeminnie!!” I heard from the corner of the room, sunny-noona’s voice turning excited. Now what would be happening to the mushroom boy? Is he doing something? Going somewhere?

And I’m asking myself too much. I really need a rest. Despite all the babbling that I hear from sunny-noona, I can’t fought with the droopiness of my eyes, remembering how far I have journeyed just to come back to this old town. And anyway I’m going to live here from now on anyway. I’m now on my own, being independent, living alone in an apartment. And more importantly I need to get those keys back from the Philippines.

I took a deep breath before I could finally—

“Kibum don’t sleep yet! Taemin is going to sleep here too!!!!” sunny-noona shouted, and at the same time I felt her heavy landing on my aching back.

“What? Why? Did he say he missed me too much?” I asked groggily, how can I speak well if a woman is sitting on me with me lying on my belly?

“They ran out of space over the apartment, eunkyung brought a lot of classmates..” With what she said at the moment, I felt like kissing eunkyung right now and I just want to imagine how she kicked her brother out of the room.

“Isn’t it exciting!! I’m having a lot of guests!!” she squealed, I wonder if she thought we’re like items that need to be collected. Or like a free stuff from the cereal box. Her face definitely looked like one.

And as far I’m concerned, I’m half-happy and victorious that taemin will come over because he got hit by karma earlier than expected and I am going to sleep with one of my best friends.

Taemin arrived with smile across his face. But deep inside him I had a feeling it’s the opposite.

“Aw you thought of kicking me out of your house did you?” I told him making a face.
“What made you think of me as a traitor?” he said dramatically.
“coz’ you were jealous of earlier” I bluntly said.
“hey, I suggest we share a room. Don’t you think It would be fun?” the mushroom haired started to act cute again.
“Don’t change the topic now dongsaeng” I hissed.

But I heard something noona that doesn’t please my ears.

“Taeminnie! Do you have amber’s number? I think we should invite her to sleep over as well!!” Sunny-noona came in the room with her phone in one hand. She was calling a lot of friends to come since taemin arrived. Is she trying to put up a slumber party?

AND WHY AMBER OF ALL PEOPLE!
I’m starting to feel another headache when mentioned her or his name.

“Oh.. why amber-noona?” taemin asked, jumping off the bed.
“I heard that she’s alone tonight. Her parents went out for a vacation. Is something wrong?” she looked at us with a worried face. I stared down at the covers so she wouldn’t notice my ‘not-in-the-mood’ look.
“Oh—its nothing really… Its just that, I rarely see her these days..” taemin exclaimed with one eyebrow raised, trying to recall something in his memory.
It took a second before he spoke again.
“You can browse over my phone, I knew I still had her number..” he pulled out his blue lollipop phone and handed it over to sunny-noona.

Taemin turned to me with a stiffened face.
“What?”
“Hyung, do you like amber?” the question hit me hard.
“N—no! look taemin, its all in the past, no need to talk about it. Besides, I rejected her.” I wish I didn’t stutter at when I spoke up.
“you did, but did your heart reject her back then?” my face snapped up to taemin. He sounded different all of a sudden. Weird and I don’t want to talk about that “lesbian” anymore.
“Look taemin. I want to get some sleep. I don’t need to know some news about amber. She has passed on my book already so..” I grabbed a pillow and threw it at his face. Then I shouted.

“PILLOW FIGHT!!!!”

And feathers we’re all over the place.

Let’s call it a day people.