Chapter 8

The Day I Met You

3 Years later

During his free time, Leo never once forgot about you. He sometimes try to call your phone number but it’s been deactivated since you’re back to your country, hoping that one day when he called the number is activated which means you’re back in Korea. So far no such luck but he never once gave up because you already promise you will try which he believe you will try to come back to him.

N notice that Leo have been down since the day you went back, as a friend and a leader he feels like he had fail to help him which it bothers him so much. Ken also try to cheer his hyung up by doing what he do best, joking around which Leo was annoyed at first but eventually he smile and laugh at Ken as he knew his dongsaeng just worried about him.

He felt cheerful only for a moment as his thoughts will always drifted back to you when he was alone or when he attended his classes. He started to composed song as it is how he expressed his feeling and inner thoughts which that was the time ‘On a cold night’ was produced. He sings that song as a duet with Ken which they performed it during their concerts.

As times goes by, they are busy with their comeback practices and schedules. They were so busy preparing for comeback with a re-make song from their sunbae, ‘Love equation’ which he barely had time to think about you. He started turning to his old self which was a relieved for s.

A month later, I managed to come back to Korea. Never once I forget about him which I always follow their updates through social networks and articles about them. I can see there was emptiness through his expression in the pictures which it hurts me to see him in that condition. I have been through ups and downs to support my mom during my time there but my mom knows that I was hurt inside which one day she asked ‘What’s wrong dear?’.

‘What do you mean mom. I’m fine’ I said while smiling forcefully but it still didn’t convince her because she knows me best. ‘I know you’re hurt inside. I can see it through your eyes dear’ she said which my smile faded instantly, ‘Is it about something or someone back in Korea?’ she continues. I flustered for a moment which I avoid her gaze which she just chuckle. ‘Why don’t you go back if you miss that person’ she said as she lifted my head to meets her eyes while smiling.

‘There are still a lot of things to be settled here mom. There’s no way I can go back’ I said trying to hold back my tears that started to form in my eyes. ‘There’s nothing too serious that I can’t handle. It’s time for me to help my daughter after what she already done for me during your father’s absents’ she said which my tears started to fall. She wiped away my tears and she hugged me, ‘Go. Fix things with him. Go find your happiness back’ she said which I just nodded.

After a lot of thinking, I decided to go back on the day of their first comeback stage. I attended their first comeback stage, watching in the audiences while wearing a hoody and a mask which my heart was beating so fast when they enter. My eyes was fixed on Leo during the show which I was relieves when I saw there is no more emptiness in his expression. After they are done, they start to thank their fans for coming to support them which I did make an eye contact with Leo which my heart felt like bursting but he didn’t recognize me under the mask. I was thankful though because I’m not ready to see his reaction when he sees me which the time comes sooner than I expected.