Chapter 4

The Day I Met You

One night when I was working late, suddenly someone called me ‘Laena noona?’ and lifted my head and see Hongbin smiling at me. ‘Oh Hongbin-ah, what are you doing here this late?’ I asked, he just show me groceries that he pick in the basket and I was like ‘Ah~’. ‘Do you work here noona?’, ‘Yeah, part time to pay for my college and rent fees’ I said which he just nodded. ‘Do hyung knows you working here?’ he asked which I nodded and he continues ‘No wonder he always want to come here’. It was so slow which I barely hear, ‘Did you say something?’ and he just shook his head ‘Nothing noona’. ‘Are you done working?’ he asked, ‘I’ll be done in half an hour’ I said. ‘I’ll be going then noona’ he said as we bit goodbyes, once he was out of the supermarket he called Leo.

As I walked out of the supermarket and was about to make my way home but suddenly stop by familiar voice calling me. I turn and found Leo was leaning against the wall near the entrance. ‘Oh Leo! What are you doing here?’ as he walk up to me and said ‘What’s it look like? I’m waiting for you’ giving me a slight smile. ‘Hongbin told you didn't he?’ I asked and he just nodded, ‘Let’s go’. I was confused for a second ‘Where are we going?’ as I speed up to walked beside him. ‘Where else? Your apartment of course’ without look at me which I found it very cute as I know he worries about me walking alone at night.

I just smile as we walked side by side which he stole a glance at me when I’m not looking. ‘What are you smiling about?’ he asked, ‘About someone’ I said which he was taken aback by my answer. I notice this facial expression changes and I laugh so hard. ‘Ya! What are you laughing about?’ a bit angry which I said ‘Sorry about that. It’s just so funny to see you expression change just now. Does it bothers you when I said that?’. ‘N..no! Why would I be?’ as he rub the back of his neck which I know he was hesitated. ‘You’re bad at lying Leo so don’t lie to me’ I said, ‘I don’t know what are you talking about’ as his voice was shaky and he avoid look at me.

I chuckle to see his reaction as I thought “The mighty chic Leo also can get fluster” which I decide to more. ‘Yeah, I was thinking about this person who doesn’t know that without a single word he can make my heart flutter’ I said while looking at the ground which Leo glance at me. ‘Do I know him?’ he asked which I said ‘More than you know’ still avoid looking at him. He stopped walking which I turn to look at him and our eyes met, ‘Is he one of my members?’ he asked with a serious face which I was fluster for a moment. ‘No! How can I have feelings for them as I barely knew them’ as I giggle but he still expressionless.

‘Just forget about it okay. I don’t think he feels the same about me anyway’ which he start walking fast past me and I barely catch up with him. We became quiet until we reach my apartment building which we bit goodbyes and he makes his way. “Did I take it too far? Why is he mad about it?” I thought but shrugged it off as I enter my apartment. On the other hand, Leo was having a hard time sleeping as he remembers what you had said. “Who’s that person Laena?” as he become frustrated and went to the kitchen for a drink. ‘Taekwoon-ah, is something bothering you?’ N said as he was awake by Leo opening the bedroom door. He rubbed his eye as he waiting for Leo to answer, ‘It’s nothing. Go back to bed. Sorry to wake you’ Leo said and N just shook his head and went back to bed. N knows that Leo won’t open up easily so he doesn’t want to force him. As a friend, he knows that Leo will tell him someday went he’s ready.

As usual, I attend my class and saw this familiar figure seating in the classroom, “Leo?” I thought as it's been a while since he attend classes and as if he can hear thoughts which he lift his head. Our eyes meet which he smile slightly and I smiled back as I walk to my usual seat. We usually don’t talk to each other when we’re in college as I want to avoid any rumors and focus on my studies which same goes to him. As the lecture ended, I saw a figure walked towards me at the corner of my eye which I turn towards that person.

‘Want to grab some lunch?’ he said as I was taken aback to found Leo was that person which I tilted my head to the side with a confuse expression. ‘What?’ he asked to see my reaction, ‘Leo, we’re in class right now’ I said with a low voice to avoid other people from hearing. ‘I know and I ask if you want to grab a lunch together? Yes or no?’ a bit annoyed which I still don’t know what to answer as I saw some of his fans are looking at us from outside the classroom. ‘The others are waiting. Do you want come or not?’, I just nodded and we make our way to the cafeteria. Along the way I heard they started to talk or whisper bad things about me which I can’t help from feeling hurt.

Leo notice and said ‘Don’t think too much about it. They don’t know anything’ as our eyes meet and I give him a nod and a forceful smile hoping he won’t worry about it. “Damn it. It’s all my fault” he thought which he can’t help from feeling bothered by what you had said. ‘Laena! Leo! Here!’ N called as we take a seat at their table, ‘I don’t know Laena noona was joining us. I should have dress up more nicely’ Ken said while wink at me. I chuckle and said ‘Me neither Ken. It’s so sudden’ which a few people past by our table and they still talked badly of me.

VIXX heard what they said which they kind of feeling bad about it as I notice they were looking at each other worried. ‘It’s okay guys. Don’t worry about it’ I said while smiling widely to convince them that I’m okay even though Leo knows I was lying as he tugged my arm. I turn towards him as he giving me the sorry look which I shook my head and mouthed ‘It’s okay. Really’ smiling brightly at him and he nodded.

That night as I was ready to go to bed but suddenly the bell rang. I went to open the door and shocked to see the person in front of me, ‘Leo?’. ‘Annyeong’ he said as I motion him to enter, ‘What are you doing here?’ I asked which he just said ‘Just…’. ‘Just what?’ I asked which he avoid my gaze, ‘It’s nothing’ he said which I can hear hesitation in his voice. I sigh heavily, ‘We’ve known each other for a while now so I know when you’re lying Leo-ah’ as I cupped his face to force him to look at me.

He sigh ‘I just want to say I’m sorry for earlier’ which I just chuckle and said ‘I told you that I’m fine. Don’t worry about it’ as I let go of his face. He just chuckle and said ‘Like you said before, we’ve known each other for a while now so I too know when you’re lying’ as we both laugh. He decided to stay for a while before going back so we watched tv and appreciate each other company. ‘Leo, can I ask you something?’ I asked breaking the silence which he just ‘Hmm..’ still watching the tv, ‘Why suddenly you ask me to join for lunch? I know that we already agreed to not speak to each other in college’ I asked.

He was fluster for a moment thinking on how to answer my question, as he started to clear his throat ‘It’s just…I just feel like asking. Why? Is it wrong?’ he turned towards me as our eyes meet. ‘No, it’s just weird I guess. I knew that you hate rumors especially when it involves you and your members’ I said while looking down avoiding his gaze. He lifted my head to meet his eyes and said ‘What if I say that I don’t care if it’s with you?’ which I was taken aback by his words as I can feel my cheeks burning. I look away and said ‘W…what do you mean Leo? I don’t understand’, he cupped my face to force me to look at him as he gazed from my eyes to my lips.

Suddenly he close the gap as our lips touch for a few second and he back away, my eyes widen in shocked as he smirk and said ‘I don’t mind if the rumors spread about us because I like you Laena’. My face redden as I avoid looking at him which he chuckle to see my reaction. He hugged my tightly and said ‘I won’t force you to like me back as I know you like someone else but promise me you think about it’. I came back to my senses which I almost laugh to hear him say that, “What more I need to think about if that person is you. Pabo” I thought as I nodded silently. He went back to his dorm afterwards and I was having trouble sleeping, “So I didn’t hear it wrong before this” I thought as a smile form on my lips and without realizing I fall asleep.