Chapter 2

The Day I Met You

A few months went by but I noticed that he was never in class which I was kind of disappointed, that night after I work which at the supermarket where I met him for the first time, suddenly I received a text from unknown number that said, ‘Watch where you’re going’ which make no sense to me when in a split second someone pull me from dangerously crossing the road while there was a car almost hit me.

I didn’t look at that person at first but I just said ‘Thanks’ and I heard ‘You’re welcome’ which it make me looked at that person in shocked. He was a little bit mad at me by saying, ‘You should watch where you’re going, didn’t I tell you just now’, I was like ‘How do you know I was here? Did you stalk me?’ which he was taken aback by my reaction and gently knock on my head and I was like ‘ouch! Why did you do that?’, he just smile that melts my heart for a moment.

He then asked, ‘can I walk you home?’ and I was like ‘what for? I can walk by myself’ but he insisted until I can’t say no so we went to my place which I was so cautious walking beside him as there was a large gap between us which makes him asked ‘why are you walking far away from me?’ and I was like ‘I don’t want any scandals occurs if your fans or reporters sees you walking with me’, him laugh but he just let it be. A few meters away from my apartment I stop and just said ‘thanks for your company, you may go now’, ‘where is your house?’ he asked which I just pointed to the tall building and he just nodded and asked again, ‘what’s your name?, ‘Laena’ I said and he responded ‘I’m Leo, hope we can be friends’ and I just nodded. For that day on, our friendship started to grow but we didn’t aspect to develop feeling for each other that made them feeling reluctant to confess about it.

As time goes by and without realizing it, it’s already a year and a half since I started living here and I didn’t aspect to have a friend like him who is always there by my side through thick and thin as I’m a foreigner and I’m still trying to get use to the new environment and culture despite his busy schedule that we hardly see each other.

That night, as I walked back to my apartment, I feel this emptiness in my heart that makes me wonder why but as I reach to my apartment, I saw this familiar figure leaning again my door and a smile automatically form on my lips without realizing it. As I approach him, he turned his head towards me with a little smile and wave his hand and said ‘hey, miss me?’ which I rolled my eyes and stick my tongue out and he just laughed.

As I was opening my door and about to invite him in but he just barge in without hesitation which I responded ‘That’s rude to barge in without the owner permission’ but he just ignored me and I automatically hit his back as hard as I can which he responded with ‘Ouch!! That hurts!’ and I was like ‘Merong’ and went to my room to change into something comfortable. As I walk back to my living room and found he was laying on the couch which it shocked me and responded ‘Hey! You’re not spending a night here so get up’ but he just responded ‘why not?’ and I was dumbfounded as he looked at me with his charismatic eyes but I just avoid his gaze and went to the kitchen. ‘Here some drink’ while giving him a cup of coffee.

There was a smirked on his face while seeing it which I avoid his gaze while drinking the coffee but all of a sudden he got up and started to wonder around my apartment until he reach my room and without hesitation he just lay down on my bed, I was literally pulling his right arm so that he would get off the bed but he just too heavy for me until I gave up and take my pillow and an extra blanket in the drawer and went to the sofa in the living room and without realizing that I was fast asleep.

Leo’s intension was to just take a nap because he was too tired with his hectic schedule that makes him ignore your attempt to pull him off the bed but about a half an hour after he woke up and found out he was alone in the bed which made him rise up from the bed to look for you and found that you were sound asleep in the living room.

He approach you with the intention to carry you to bed but he stopped and kneel down beside you to watch every inched of your face which was so calm and peaceful, without realizing his hand reach your face to touch your lips and cheeks with his fingers without waking you up as he does that, a smile form on your soft lips which make his heart fluttered for a second and he stole a kiss from you while thinking “I like you” and slowly carry you to bed and went back to his dorm.

Early that morning, it was on the weekends and you’re woken up by a sound from your phone, it was a text from Leo saying ‘Sorry if I trouble you last night, I just want to take a short nap from a hectic schedule’ reading it while only the right eye half open and replied, ‘It’s ok, I understand your work, hwaiting!’ and woke up realize that you were in your bed guessing he was the one who brought you here then your fingers started typing and press sent which Leo’s phone buzzing and read it while smiling that says, ‘and also thank you’ which he already knew what you meant.

Late that night, he came by to your house around 3 am which you are already asleep but woken up by a door bell ringing, you decided to open the door and saw Leo is drunk because he smell like alcohol which he just pass out in front of you into your arms. You were literally drag him inside and lay him on the couch, as you were trying to take his shoes and jacket off but he started mumbling slowly which you can’t hear it and decide just to ignore it but as you were about to stood up, Leo reach for you hand and pull you towards him which you are now on top of him and he hugged you tightly but you trying to push away but you stopped because he said ‘Don’t go, please stay with me, I love you’, those three words give chills to the back of your neck because upon hearing that, there are so many question popping on your mind like crazy ‘Did I heard him wrong? Is it because he was drunk? Does he really mean it?’ but without knowing you fall asleep again.

As the birds chipping outside the window that had woken Leo up and found himself in a familiar place when he open his eyes with a headache but as he was trying to sit up, he felt something heavy on him that prevent him from sitting and his eyes widen when he saw you’re sleeping on top of him. He stayed there watching your face on top of his chest for a few minutes to absorbed what actually happen last night but nothing came up, not long after that you woke up and saw Leo was watching you that surprise you to awake suddenly without looking back to see his reaction and went to the room.

After trying to forget what happen just now, you decided to take a shower and put your clothes on and went to the kitchen to make breakfast but he beat you to it while you discover the foods are ready on the table which you was so surprise and turned your head to him who was giving you a cup of coffee. You both seat down while eating without words until he started to asked ‘What happened last night?’, you almost choked your food thinking he was referring to the sleeping position but he notice your panic face and asked again ‘How did I end up at your place?’ and you felt a bit relieve and said ‘It was 3 in the morning you came here and collapse into my arms which I had no choice but to bring you in’, ‘But how did we…’ I automatically stood up and bring my plate and cup to the sink and wash them.

Without looking I started asking ‘Don’t you have schedule to attend?’ which he just replied ‘It’s my day off’ as I dried my wet hands to a napkin near the sink and turn to see that he already standing behind me so close that startle me because I didn’t notice he was there but he still came closer as I can feel his breath on my lips but he just wanted to put the dishes in the sink and turn away but both of us didn’t see each other flush red faces.