Chapter 3

The Day I Met You

As days passes, it is 1 am which I have trouble sleeping so I decided to take a walk on the street nearby my apartment. As I was walking, I accidentally bump into someone which I apologize afterwards without looking at the person but I instantly lifted my head to see that person when he said ‘Laena?’. It was Leo, I didn’t expect to see him this late at night which I only manage to say ‘Hey’ but I didn’t notice that there were 5 other guys with him but we got interrupted when one of them asked him ‘Do you know her?’ which he nodded and said ‘She is one of my classmates’.

I greet them ‘Hello, nice to meet you’ which they greet back and Leo introduce each one of them, N asked ‘So you go to the same college as we are but I never seen you before’ which you only manage to smile without saying a word. Leo started asking ‘What are you doing here this late?’ I responded ‘Can’t sleep so I decided to take a walk. What about you guys?’, Ravi responded ‘Groceries shopping noona’ which you said ‘noona?’, he just chuckle and said ‘I’m younger than Leo hyung so you are hyung’s friend that means you are older than me so I will call you noona if that’s okay with you’ which you only smile and nodded.

N said ‘So you’re the same age as Leo, nice to meet you chingu!’ with excitement he was about to shake my hand but Leo stop him by standing between me and gave a glare at N which N glare back ‘What’s your problem Leo?’ he didn’t respond just kept on glaring at N. ‘Leo’ I said which he turn towards me as I glare back at him as a signal to move aside which he eventually did and I shake N’s hand ‘me too’ with a smile, Hongbin said ‘Wow, this is new’ which I asked ‘What is?’, ‘Leo hyung never back down when he glare at people or the other way around so what’s your secret noona?’ smiling widely showing his dimples which is so cute as I was holding my laugh, Leo started to punch gently at Hongbin’s stomach as a warning to shut up as he cheeks started to redden slightly.

‘There is no secret, maybe because we have known each other for almost 2 years now’ you said which N suddenly said ‘What?!’ with a shocking face and he turns towards Leo ‘You have known her that long and never bother to introduce her to you group members. How nice of you Leo to keep her all to yourself’ which Leo only rolled his eyes in annoyance and turns towards me and said ‘You better go home now, it’s getting late. I’ll walk you back’ which I didn’t manage to respond because he started pushing me while saying ‘Tell manager hyung I’ll be back soon’, N was screaming ‘Yah!’ from behind which I only manage to said ‘Nice to meet you guys’ loud enough for them to hear.

As we reach my apartment, I turn towards him ‘What’s wrong with you?’ which he only respond ‘What?’ with a weird looks like nothing happen, I only sigh heavily and said ‘It seems like you don’t want me to be friends with your group members’ which he now avoiding your glare, ‘Are you embarrassed of me? If not than I don’t understand why you’re acting like this’ still no respond from him, I gave up and said ‘You better go back, you have schedules tomorrow. Thanks and goodnight Leo’ as I about to walk away but stop by Leo as he grab my wrist and said ‘It’s not like that’ I turn towards him, ‘I don’t know how to introduce you to them because we basically busy with our schedule so I couldn’t find a proper time to properly introduce you to them, I’m sorry’ he said without looking at me which I walk near him and gave him a hug and said ‘You should have said so, it’s okay, I’m not mad it’s just that I don’t get it why you seems so unwillingly to introduce me to them, I’m sorry to think badly of you’ which he hug me back while saying ‘It’s okay’.

I pull away from his hug and look at him in the eyes, we stayed like that for a few minutes which he suddenly lean closer and kiss me on the forehead which I was shocked because he never did anything like that before but it somehow feel comfortable as I close my eyes which I wish the time will stop but he pull away and said ‘Goodnight’ with his soft voice that I love the most about him but I only manage to nod and  said ‘Be careful on your way back’ without looking at him as he smile and nodded but we got cut off when we heard a laughter come from the street.

As we trying to see clearly, we saw Leo’s members in a vehicle that park near the street of your apartment, they have secretly following you and Leo but didn’t expect to see that, my mind went blank as I heard him yell ‘Yah!’ with annoying face which N respond ‘So she live here. We will come by if we have the time okay Laena’ while wink at me which I came back to my senses, nodded and smile but I shift back to Leo who was already looking at me without saying anything as I manage to smile and said ‘you better go now’ waving at him and the others until they are out of my sight and with that I went to my apartment straight to bed while still remembering the feeling of his soft lips on my forehead until I fall asleep.

The next day went like usual, that night when I got back late because I got a few assessments that I need to finished so I stayed late at the college library, as I reach the door to my apartment I saw Leo was leaning against my door which I said ‘Leo?’, he lifted his head to meet my eyes with a little smile form on his lip, ‘What are you doing here?’ which he replied ‘Waiting for you’, I was like confused ‘How long have you waited?’, ‘About an hour’, I was shocked ‘Why didn’t you call me, I would be here early if you tell me that you’re coming’, he just chuckle and said ‘I don’t want to burden you in anyway. By the way, where did you go?’, ‘I stayed at the college library to finish my projects’ I said while we both entered my apartment.

I went to my room to change into something more comfortable and went back to the living room where Leo was and ask ‘Done with your schedule?’, ‘Yup’ he said which I was about to say something but got cut off by a phone call, Leo answered but he was yelling a bit and end the call which now he look at me. ‘What’s wrong?’ he sigh heavily and said ‘They are coming here but you don’t have to cook anything because they will be bring some food here’, I was froze for a second to absorb what he had said just now and came back to my senses which I only manage to nod and smile at him to ensure him that I’m okay with it even though it was such a short notice but at the same time I am excited because it is an opportunities to get to know them.

Ding Dong!!! The bell rang which I opened the door and welcome them in, ‘Noona! Where do we put this?’, ‘In the kitchen please’ I said but when I entered the kitchen Ken and Hongbin was plating the foods which supposed to be my job ‘You guys don’t have to do that, go join the others in the living room’ which Ken answered ‘It’s the least we can do for the short notice’ while smiling and wink at me, I don’t know what to say just ‘Thank you’ with a smile on my face and both of them just nodded and continued what they are doing, I help them serve and we started eating together in the living room while chit chat about things as I gain new knowledge about each one of them so eventually I became close with them.

N said ‘Sorry for the short notice, we didn’t plan to came here just now but when I call Leo asking where he was which he said he’s here so I’m eager to come, sorry for the inconvenience’ which you respond 'It’s okay, at least I get to know you guys better’, ‘noona, how did you become friend with Leo hyung? We tried asking about it but hyung ignore us’ Hyuk asked while making sad face which I only manage to chuckle and said ‘I accidentally bump into him one night near the supermarket when I just move in here but I didn’t get to see his face’, ‘If that so, how did you recognize hyung?’ Ken asked and I replied ‘I met him in the library when he ashsdgg…’ I got cut off by Leo when he covered my mouth with his hand, I manage to pull his hand off and said ‘Yah! What’s that for huh?’ which he avoid my gaze and didn’t respond but I didn’t continue what I said earlier because I know that Leo didn’t want me to tell them about it, they all just laugh by his action which I can see a slight red form on his cheeks.

N started asking ‘Did something happen between you two during that time?’ which he receive a glare from Leo but ignore it, ‘Something like that’ I said while chuckle which he responded ‘Yah!’, ‘Merong’ I replied while sticking my tongue out which receive a laughter from the others. As time pass by so quickly, it’s time for them to go back to their dorm but Leo stayed behind, when they left I started to tidy up the mess while Leo wash the dishes and finished the moment after, we both seat at the couch while watching tv but I end up fall asleep first which Leo notice that I was asleep and he gently put my head on his shoulder which it was so comfortable that I unconsciously hug his arm, he was taken aback by my action but he just let me be and a few moment after he watch me sleep and gently caress my cheek and said ‘Sorry for causing you trouble’. He then gently carry me to my room and put me on the bed, he cover me with blanket and kiss my forehead which I open my eyes and said ‘Going back now?’ which he smile and nodded, ‘Be careful on your way home’ I said and he replied ‘goodnight’ and went on his way as I fall back to sleep.