The Start .

Keep The Faith

Chapter 2

 

“Excuse me; do you guys have to stand at the doorway?” Im Yoona gathered her courage to speak up to the three. They had been moving the things in and out of the meeting room and no one seem to bother about the three roadblocks standing in the middle of the doorway. Realizing that everyone have to walk a longer route to avoid those three, Yoona decided to step forward.

 

Lee Hyukjae looked up from the ground to stare at the girl for a little while and then turned his gaze to the room, ignoring the girl. Yoona felt goosebumps right after meeting his stare and turned quickly to look at the second guy. Cho Kyuhyun was to busy to even acknowledge the girl’s presence, playing an interesting but not so interesting game. Yoona glared at the boy’s rudeness and then rolled her eyes on him turning to face the last one.

 

Lee Donghae looked at the young girl pacing forward and then backwards, sometimes looking up at them, and once she met his gaze, she turned and return to where she originally came from, only to walk forward again. He looked at her, amused by her actions while wondering when she would finally step forward to ask them to move. He decided it would take quite a long time, since she was really pondering hard on her next move so he decided to help her a bit. Stretching his leg long enough, a girl moving a huge box tripped and fell on him. The loud crash sends everyone in the room, including her, looking over to him as he helped his “tool” up while saying sorry gently. This somehow got her all red and ran away quickly. Then, he saw her come up to them, this time, with a certain determination. He smiles slightly as he sees her glancing from his bestfriend to his youngest brother as her face expression turned from scared to annoy. Finally, her gaze landed on him.

 

“Hey.” He greeted her mannerly, getting the other two boys smirking at him while focusing on what they were before. Donghae looked at her as her eyes widened a little, probably surprised that she would get a reaction from him. Little did he know…

 

Yoona felt her heart skipped a beat as she continues staring at the handsome guy before her. She was sure she felt a frown growing on her face as she tries to stop herself from blushing. She was never good with the opposite , always flustered and small in front of a guy, Yoona decided she should not behave the same way now, at least not in front of this boy.

 

“Do you need anything?” after a moment of silence, she decided to ask, even though her aim initially was to get them out of the way.

 

“Do you need help?” he asked her instead. Looking at the confused girl before him, Donghae rephrased his words, “We were asked by Ms. Park to come to help you move, since most of SMNL are ladies.”

 

“We’re fine doing it by ourselves.” Before Yoona could make any reply, Hyoyeon said, walking into the room. Her voice got Kyuhyun looking up from his phone, and Hyukjae’s sight turning towards the corridor. “Anyway, you guys don’t seem like you really wanted to help anyway.” She continued, ignoring the worried glances that Yoona is throwing towards her.

 

“We don’t mean to stand here to just watch you girls move, it’s just that we weren’t sure how to ask if you need our help since Taeyeon shi and Leeteuk had some kind of…you know…” the sensitive Donghae immediately understand where those words are coming from and tried to explain.

 

“Why bother? Since your leader is already gone, just go along with him.” Hyoyeon rebuked. She just didn’t like how the leeteuk guy is giving her bestfriend all those creeps and his friends must not be any better.

 

“Let’s just go Hae, there is nothing left to do anyway.” Hyukjae spoke up. Donghae will never be able to win that girl in speaking; she is just too…direct… But Lee Donghae is not going to just leave like this; after all, he gave Ms Park his word.

 

“I promised Ms Park.” Donghae said firmly. Hyukjae sighed as he nodded, he know better than to stop Donghae from doing what he wants, since he could be really stubborn at times. He lay back on the wall next to the door, eyes situated at Hyoyeon as he wonders what her next move is.

 

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes at the two as she said “Fine, just stay here all you want. Yoon, we have things to do.” Then, she pulled Yoona into the room but her actions were stopped by Donghae.

 

The charismatic girl turned as she felt herself being pulled back. There she sees Donghae’s hand on her dongsaeng’s, which she did not like it at all. She glared at the boy fiercely, “what do you want?” an unexpectedly cold voice came out from .

 

Donghae was however, not faltered at all. He looked at the girl smilingly and repeated his point. “We have to help you.”

 

“Hah, you got to be kidding me.” Hyoyeon scoffed at the guy, “didn’t we already say we don’t need your help?!” she continued, feeling her temper rise as she sees Donghae’s hand increasing his grip on Yoona’s.

 

“There must be something we can help you in.” the stubborn boy replied, again increasing his force on the girl’s wrist. “Ah…” he heard her yelped softly. Surprised, he turned his gaze away from Hyoyeon and look at the girl in front of him as he slightly loosens his grip.

 

“Yah! Fine! Do what ever you want! But let go of her hand!” Hyoyeon heard her sister too, worried that Donghae might really hurt her, she let go of her stand as she exclaimed a little too loudly,

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly at the scene his hyung is making while Hyukjae smirked walking into the room.

 

“Sorry Yoona shi, I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Donghae ignored his friends’ reaction and apologized to the latter while letting go of the girl’s hand.

 

“I’m fine.” Yoona said softly, smiling at the boy, while Hyoyeon just walked away as she muttered to herself, “you better be.”

 

The boy returned the smile and both of them walked into the room.

-