Sparks

Keep The Faith

 

She lay back on the slammed door; did she just see that person infront of her door? How did he find his way here? Why is he even here? Her thoughts keep flowing, until she realized that this is her house and she does not have to feel guilty or anything to see Park Jungsu outside her door. Biting her molars, she opened the door again.

 

He saw her, heard the door slam shut, felt the wind rushing to his face. His first reaction was to check the door tag; it matches the numbers his father gave him. Then he looked past the transparent window into the living room; there laid his luggage, brownish-red, mother bought it as a gift for him when he first traveled overseas himself. If he didn’t knock the wrong household, then what is Kim Taeyeon doing here? There, he saw the door open again.

 

“Why the hell are you here?!” they shouted in unison.

 

Taeyeon glared at the guy. Leeteuk frowned at the girl.

 

“Okay, this is not going anywhere. I am here because this is going to be my new house. You…” before Leeteuk finished his sentence, the door banged close again. “She has got to change her habit of slamming the door on to someone’s face.” He murmured to himself.

 

Inside the house, the girl stormed up to her father’s room, did she hear correctly? The new housemate is going to be a male? What more it is Park Jungsu?! The guy who apparently is not in good terms with her since high school? Banging on her father’s study room door, she is determined to get an answer from the former.

 

“What is wrong darling?” her benevolent parent opened the door slowly.

 

“Leeteuk, Park Jungsu, he is going to move in?!” the girl asked, almost screaming.

 

“Yeah, is there something wrong?” the older man asked.

 

“I… he…” for a moment, Taeyeon didn’t know what to say, her father didn’t know the rivalry going on between her and Leeteuk.

 

“Is he here already? I didn’t here the door bell ring.” Her father asked while walking downstairs to the door.

 

“You never hear the doorbell.” The younger one mumbled before following the elder.

 

Principal Kim, or should I say Uncle Kim, opened the door to welcome his bestfriend’s son in.

 

“Hello son, didn’t expect me to be your parents friend did you?”

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo Mr. Kim.” Not forgetting his manners, Leeteuk bowed to the man.

 

“Just call me Uncle Kim, your parents and I had been really close friends since the past and your aunt had been your caretaker from time to time. You have grown to be such a posh young man now that I didn’t recognize you even when I saw you in school!” Uncle Kim said as he led the boy into the house. 

 

“Pst, Posh my .” Taeyeon muttered softly but they effectively flowed into the ears of Leeteuk.

 

Leeteuk was quite confused, from the time he saw Taeyeon at the door, until she slammed the door into his face, twice, and then he see the principal at the door and pulling him in while the girl stood by the stairs. Now, he heard her little insults. At that moment felt that it was all clear, Kim Taeyeon, is one of Uncle Kim’s daughters, his principal’s daughter. And at the same moment, he felt threatened.

 

“Jungsu, Jungsu are you okay?” his Uncle Kim waved his hand worriedly at Leeteuk and the latter realized that he had been staring at Taeyeon the whole time.

 

Returning his gaze to the older man, he smiled and nodded his head slightly.

 

“That’s good… anyway, Taeyeon, go get your mom and come over.”

 

The girl sighed and glared towards the boy, she stuck her little tongue out at him before going into the laundry room to call her step-mum.

 

Leeteuk smirked, he can’t believe he would think this way, but the girl looked playfully cute at that instant…

                                                       

-

 

“Seriously? The principal’s daughter?” her parents left Taeyeon to tour Leeteuk around the house as they went back to their own chores. And the boy finally got a chance to confirm his thoughts.

 

The girl turned around quickly, but since she stopped without warning, her head banged right into his chest and his hands automatically held on to her elbows, preventing them from falling anyway.

 

The way his hands touched her elbows softly made her stomach flutter lightly. Pushing him away, she step a few steps back, what was that?

 

Balancing himself, he stared at her wide-eyed, he was sure he felt a jolt when their skin touched. Her brows were furrowed together, eyes wandering everywhere except on him.

 

“Ehm, show me the way to my room?” he asked, eyes still on her.

 

She looked up at his request but just to turn away quickly as she met his eyes.

 

“Sure, come with me.” The girl said softly as she walked towards the end of the hallway, leaving him to follow behind.

-

A/N : been a long time since i posted isn't it ? i got busy in my life, and things happened ...  really sorry to those who were waiting for this !!