Merger.

Keep The Faith

Chapter 3

 

The two groups sit in the conference room together with two other teachers. One being the SM MAG teacher-in-charge, Ms Park and the other is the SMNL teacher-in-charge Mr. Kang.

 

“So, all of you must have heard that the two clubs are merging?” Mr. Kang started stating the obvious as he tried to bring the intense atmosphere in the room down.

 

“If not why are we together then?” Hyukjae replied almost instantly, he always do, when people make stupid comments.

 

“Rude.” Hyoyeon was no better, she always have the issue of people being rude, especially to teachers. (AN: which explains why she always gets into trouble by quarrelling with her classmates who disregard the teachers.)

 

Hyukjae just scoffed. Or should I say he was really surprised he would get a comment on what he said since no one ever did something like that, not to say insult him in the process.

 

“I was just trying to make a joke, sorry if it wasn’t funny…” Mr. Kang confessed as he felt cold sweat forming at his forehead; this is not good…

 

“Anyway, we gathered you here to tell you something that we decided.” Ms Park decided to help her fiancé out, after all, she know that these eight people are not simple students. They are way to talented to just be students…

 

“We are getting married.” The teachers said together, which made everyone frozen at their seat, well everyone except… yeah, you guessed it.

 

“What?!” Hyoyeon practically screamed, “The both of you were enemies!” she continued, trying to remain calm in front of the guys so as not to lose her image, but it totally failed.

 

“Uh ah, we were frienemies to be exact, until we realize we should stop quarrelling and I proposed to her! Such a romantic love story!” Mr. Kang said almost too dramatically while his fiancée rolled her eyes at him.

 

“Anyway, we want to combine the two clubs, one reason for spending more time together and another is for the eight of you. I’m sure all of you would like to put your focuses on your studies now on the last year of school…” Ms Park said half ignoring her future husband.

 

“So, what are our duties in the club now?” Taeyeon asked softly.

 

“Firstly, for content wise, we decided to use the format of the SM-MAG and publish the magazine which might include new content such as the comic section. The frequency of publishing will be changed to two weeks instead of a month since we have a lot more people in a club now. And to maintain the competition level in the club and sales wise, we decided to keep the two groups as it is and produce two issues of SM-MAG per release.” Ms Park answered.

 

“Great, we will still be competing afterall.” Leeteuk said simply.

 

The short meeting just ended on that note. Basically, nothing really changed for the two clubs since the writing format is the same and the SUN is still SUN, MOON is still MOON. Just like that, the first day of their last year of university year ended; however, it is just the start for what that is in store for them.

-

 

“The first theme of the year, Life. Okay, go for your classes and tell me your plans later.” Mr. Kang said to the eight and shoo-ed them to their classes’ right after, like how a mother would do.

 

“I still can’t believe they are getting married, I mean, Ms Park is super cool while Mr. Kang is like… an old lady…” Kyuhyun said right after the guys stepped out of the room. What they failed to notice is the ‘ever-protective of Mr. Kang’ or the “only I can bully Mr. Kang” Hyoyeon, together with the girls were right behind them.

 

As the girls listen to Kyuhyun insulting Mr. Kang, Hyoyeon felt her anger rising as she tried to speak up for him by, you know… doing the things a reckless person will do. Thankfully, her Seohyun maknae was fast enough to hold her back. The younger girl shook her head as her hands held on to Hyoyeon firmly. The older girl glared at the boy in front of her in anger; however, she did not take any step forward. After all, no one could beat Seohyun in her stubbornness.

 

Taeyeon and Yoona giggled at their friends’ silly actions, one looked like she was going to burst anytime, face flushed with anger. While the other one is just holding on to her hand as she gave her the ‘don’t you dare’ look.

 

The boys standing in front were not entirely oblivious to the happenings behind them; Donghae could feel the tension behind his back; Hyukjae is aware of the death glare from Hyoyeon since his back just turned cold all of a sudden; Leeteuk could hear the little groaning from his back and Kyuhyun was smart enough to sense that something is wrong. The guys didn’t reply to Kyuhyun’s comment, that little comment that he want to take back right away. Women are really scary sometimes… well, until they heard giggling behind their back…

 

The groups disbanded themselves for their lessons. At the same time, thinking of their new project, how would they portray life?

-

A/N: hmm, this chapter is ......... anyway, it will get better after a while, when the introduction to the story is finally over. Please bear with me, i'm a little long-winded :P Wait a while more and Hyohyuk will finally appear ! :D oh, and Seokyu too ;)

Thank you for commenting too :)