Memory 2

H & S Memoirs

Rumours is just a made up stories that people invent for the sake of entertainment. It will rise and spread but it will soon pass since rumour is just a rumour.


The news regarding the embarrassment faced by Kris Wu Yifan is spread like wild fire across the academy through the mouths of the students. This news is not missed by Kim Sunmi, one of Park Hanbyul’s closest friends. Or we should just say her only friend. She rushes to her next class, Calculus to catch up with Hanbyul who she hasn’t seen from the morning and this will be the time to confront the truth out of her. Sunmi can’t grasp the fact that she just rejected the most handsome man alive in this world and plainly humiliates him in front of hundreds of students. That girl need to have some sense knock on her head.

She walks into the class located at the end of the long hallways, the lecture hall is already packed with many students who mostly sits at the middle and leaving the front seat to be empty with only a few who are clearly shies away from the crowd in order to concentrate to the lesson. Her eyes slowly scan the crowds to find Hanbyul who will probably sit at the back of the rows like she always do.

“Aigoo, Park Hanbyul, you will never change”, Sunmi speaks quietly to herself once she saw the said girl with her earphones tightly stuck on her earbuds and her long jet black hair falling down her shoulder as she focuses on her book. And there is not even a soul near her since most of the students will sit three rows before her. They admire her from far yet close just to feel her presence. Few glances and sneaky smiles are caught by Sunmi’s hawk eyesight.

She struts up the stairs and plop herself comfortably besides Hanbyul and she catch some whisper saying ‘how lucky’ nearby.  Her hands pluck one of the earphones from Hanbyul`s ears and put it on her own and that action made Hanbyul look up to see the person that dare to disturb her. Her angry face falters when she recognizes Sunmi which currently had this annoying glare that definitely directed to her.

“ Explain now!” her soft voice holds a firm tone and Hanbyul knows very well she won’t be satisfied with a short answer. 

“ Its just”, she didn’t get to answer since Professor Lee arrive to start the lesson and Sunmi give a knowing look that clearly send a message ` we will continue this later’ and Hanbyul nods to confirm it. She then try very hard to concentrate on the lesson but soon the previous incident just keep coming into her head and she almost chuckles to herself but she restrain herself from doing so.

The thing is Hanbyul had a good laugh from watching the shocked face of Kris but she did it quietly without any eyes on her while she is doing so. Her immense strength to control the laugh is unbelievable and she thank God for that if not she might break the exterior and image she had built in the academy. Right after the morning class, she rushed immediately to the vacant stadium behind the academy where no one visits and it had been abandoned for quite a long time after some accidents happen there.

She discovers it by accident last spring and it had been a place for her to chill even though most people tend to avoid that place because of those made up haunted stories about the abandoned stadium. Hanbyul wasn’t afraid of such things and she is very pleased that no one would like to hang out in the stadium so now it becomes her little secret place. The small door connected to the empty stadium is pushed by Hanbyul and once she is behind the closed door, she starts to laugh hysterically until tears come out from her eyes. The embarrassing scene keeps repeating in her mind and that does not help to cease her laughter and she laughs again.  This had been playing in Hanbyul’s mind while she is in her class but unbeknownst to her, she didn’t know that someone had seen her unladylike manner at that time.

Completely clueless to the outside, Oh Sehun had witnessed the Hanbyul’s outburst by accident when he passes the place to retrieve his paper that slips from his hand. Sehun was in rush to go to his next class and he keeps running in order to reach it on time but his carelessness causing himself to bump with one student sending his paper flying out from his hand. The paper then fly to the stadium where Hanbyul is and Sehun went to grab the paper. He pulls himself up once he clutch the paper in his hand but the unmistakable sound of laughter coming out from the stadium made him stop.

Being himself who is curious about everything except fashion, he opens the door and peek inside to find Hanbyul clutching her stomach after she finally dies down from laughing. He saw a wide smile on Hanbyul’s face which he sure never seen it before. Hanbyul was that kind of person who rarely smiles because as far as he knows Park Hanbyul always keep a stoic face on.

He is amused with her weird and unexplainable character but before he could delve more into it, Hanbyul finally recovers herself and stand straight to move to her class. Sehun turns away and hides himself behind the walls to prevent being caught. Hanbyul walks out from the place and the breeze that blow past her sends her hair flying away and Sehun unconsciously watch her retreating figure enters the academy hallways. He then snaps himself back to the reality and realized that he is late for the class so he starts to run again.

This had been in Sehun’s mind for the past hours until he walks into the cafeteria to grab lunch with his friends. Lay Yixing, one of his friends the Chinese student approaches him and they line up with other students to grab the foods there.

“You have been daydreaming since this morning, Sehun. That is so unlike you”, Lay comments while taking a big bite of the red apple he takes from the counter. They move in a snail pace to reach the main dish counter and Sehun takes up spaghetti aglio olio before saying something to Lay.

“Nah, just a lot of things in my mind”, he answers.

“If you said so. Given you rarely act like that, I’m just concerned”, he then proceed to pay his food to the cashier.

They walk side by side to the tables comprising of four boys which are known as his best friends. Kyungsoo, the petite boy who is probably the closest one to Sehun is his neighbour for 6 years now. They have known each other since high school and had been his supporting friend throughout his hard time. Kyungsoo is sitting beside Minseok hyung, who is always being teased by Chanyeol for his babyish face. Minseok hyung is the most reliable older brother amongst them.

Park Chanyeol, the always happy one is waving his hand excitedly to Sehun and Lay while motioning them to sit with them. Joonmyun hyung or he preferably to be called as Suho smiles warmly to them and that brings a smile to Sehun too. Even though other students do not welcome him in this place but at least, he is grateful for these friends he have that embrace him with their warmth.

Once he sits himself beside Kyungsoo, Chanyeol speaks up as always to initiate the first conversation.

“Do you guys saw what happened in the hallways this morning? Park Hanbyul had done it again”, his grin is wide while uttering the words.

Lay grunts softly agreeing to Chanyeol while Minseok hyung stifles a laugh when he heard Chanyeol says about it as he remember the scene. Only Kyungsoo, Suho and Sehun are oblivious and clueless of the story. Sehun eyed Chanyeol’s expression and wonders if this story relates to what he saw at the stadium.

“What is it? I completely missed it while bringing this dude back to reality”, Kyungsoo nudge Sehun at the shoulder and he waits patiently for the great story to come out from the person who mentions it.

“Park Hanbyul rejects Kris Wu right in the face in front of all the students and she even dares to hand the gift from him to some random girl. Hah and I like her every words she said to that dude. She just hit the right spot to knock him off his shoes and Kris is absolutely furious with her since she practically ignores him when he called her. Man, I love that girl”, Chanyeol remarks after telling the simplified version of the scene.

“I love that expression on Kris’s face. That priceless face is just perfect and I got the best shot right here in my phone”, Minseok pulls his phone out and scroll down his gallery to find the picture he captured at the moment. After finding it, he shows the exact face of Kris with his eyes open and his mouth slanted in an extremely angry frown and words just cannot describe the incredible shot of his face taken by Minseok. Sehun cannot help but chuckles to himself because now it makes sense why Park Hanbyul been acting so weirdly just now. She amazed him with every single act she does.  Their conversations then stop as though it knows that the said person is coming.

The winds blending in the crowds voices slowly dissipate and then quietness envelopes the cafeteria once the figure of the talk among the crowds enters the café with her expressionless face on. She went straight to the food counter without flitting her gaze around, acting nonchalantly like no one even talk about her. Kim Sunmi tagging along while talking animatedly with her with her gestures of someone who is seriously frustrated and curious mixed together from the way Sehun views it.  Hanbyul seems to explain something to her with a bored expression as they walk to the nearest table and Sehun can’t seem to tear his eyes away from her until a mocking voice interrupts his thought.  

“Hey Kris my man, that is such a brave act you got there but I guess our queen wasn’t so keen on you. Maybe you should find another one because she is mine”, a laugh erupts from Jung Daehyun bounces on the walls reaching to everyone ears with his brave and foolish comment. Kris Wu which sits with his circle of friends visibly stiffens under the scrutinising gaze from the students there and he turns his head to glare at the loud mouthed guy.

His sudden words made Hanbyul cringes inwardly but she try very hard to control herself and assures herself this is not worth it, so she does what she do the best which is being ignorant. That kind of comment is not alien anymore to her and the rest of the students since Jung Daehyun is the only guy in WM Academy that is shamelessly and openly declared his feelings to Hanbyul. But the problem is she had been rejecting him since the first confession and he never learn his lesson and continues pursuing her. However that does not last long when another comment of Jung Daehyun finally ticks her off.

“Park Hanbyul, I know you are just playing hard to get and being ignorant like you always do was a tactic you used to get me. I will guarantee that you will soon fall into my arms because you will never stand too long for my charms. I bet that you will take me one day, babe”, he smirks devilishly while telling this out loud as if announcing that Hanbyul is in love with him.

Park Hanbyul just clenches her fists tighter and angry bubbles start to form in the pit of her stomach. She composes her emotions and slowly stands up to confront the shameless dude.

“What made you think you can say that, Jung Daehyun? As far as I know, I had never accept your useless confession”, Hanbyul spit out a remark. Sunmi pulls her sleeves to tell her to shut up but Hanbyul just ignore her.

Daehyun plaster a wide smile and say, “Soon, Park Hanbyul. For surely you will be mine”, he smirks arrogantly towards Hanbyul and she shivers internally feeling creep out. She mentally curses that jerk who never gives up.

“That bull you just said will never ever happen. Jung Daehyun, you disgust me”, she immediately stands up, not able to finish her meal properly and walks out the door leaving Sunmi and others behind watching her figure disappears through the revolving door.

Daehyun is never the type to give up and he will make sure of it and Sehun knows just by reading his body language. This will be really hard for Park Hanbyul and he pities her.


The story is currently in the third point of view but it may be in first point of view in the next chapter so I hope no confusion there. Thank you to the lovely person who subscribed. :)