Memory 6

H & S Memoirs

Been away for holiday, it was fun and the place is amazing. Now, I need to finish up some chapters. This is for you guys ;)


H:

Terrible. Terrible headache is in a full blast. This is what I get after 2 hours of sleep only last night. I’m really regretting my action now. Just trying to get up from the bed already made me feel nauseous. I feel like wanting to call in sick but was hold back by the plan that I had already think about yesterday. I had spent the whole night to find information about Oh Sehun after I finished up my school work.  The mission that I am currently doing is called Project EJD (Eliminating Jung Daehyun) had started right after I chose a “boyfriend” candidate. Oh Sehun is the perfect candidate and getting him to make a pact with me would be a good idea.Since I can’t simply ask Sunmi to find out certain things about Oh Sehun for me because it will take a long explanation to her in which I try my very hard to avoid. So in the end I decided to do it myself by browsing through the internet to get as much as information needed.

His family, achievements in academics, his social life and some little details that weren’t completely important. At one point, it feels like I’m a stalker but I erase that thought from my mind. This is just a step for me to really know the person that I’m going to be dealing with for how many months I don’t know. Well, it is good to know your partner before you throw yourself into a relationship.

Checking the background of Oh Sehun, there a few interesting information I got. I can’t believe it that there are so many articles about him on the internet. He won multiple competitions locally and internationally. He is proven to be an intelligent kid ever since he is small. That is an impressive education background. But mostly it is about his achievement. He does not have any social network so he is counted to be non-sociable person. He has an older sister and both of his parents are a doctor. His social circle was quite limited. I can’t find anything about his friends or who he socializes with, only pictures of him with some guys that I saw in the graduation book. Perhaps, they are close. The more I read about him, the more I found that we are similar in some aspect like how he wasn’t really a sociable type of person. He can be considered as an introvert just like me. The more similar we are the easier will this be. After feeling satisfied with the information I had gained, sleeps take me to a dreamland but not long after the alarm rings causing me to be in this state I am currently in. The lack of sleep had affected me badly.

I push myself to sit upright on my bed and the dizziness just wash me making an unpleasant sensation in my stomach. How much I hate it when this happens. I sigh to myself, bracing myself to stand and walk to the bathroom. Maybe after having a hot and refreshing shower, the dull pain will subside. I can’t miss my class today since an important assignment needs to be handed on and I really need to confront Oh Sehun by today. After I wash my face with warm water, the painful ringing in my ears and head slowly gone. Wiping my wet face with a towel, I watch my reflection on the mirror and saw that my eyes are terribly red with a massive dark circle under my eyes. I look hideous and I don’t even care.

Then, I put on some warm clothes since the weather are pretty cold today and sling my bag pack over my shoulder. Descending the stairs to go to the kitchen, an aromatic smells of waffles meet my nose making my stomach rumbles as it ask to be fed. Once I enter our spacious kitchen, I saw that everyone is already sitting on the kitchen table except for Chaerin who is still missing. Chaerin is always late for breakfast. Yuna, the youngest in the family was eating her cereal enthusiastically and Haera unni was reading a newspaper besides Yuna. Hanna unni is not here because she is currently studying in Canada for business and management, sent by our uncle, Park Yoochun to study for her future position in the company. Mom is busily cooking pancakes in a hot pan with the fire on. She is concentrating hard in flipping the pancakes so it will turn out well and barely notices me passing her to sit on a chair in front of Yuna.

Yuna was happily eating her cereal while singing a song that I never heard of and she is out of tune yet she was enjoying it. When she looks up from her bowl, she stops singing.

“Byul unnie, you look horrible. Haven’t you been sleeping yesterday night?” she comments on my awful face which I don’t even bother to put on some makeup to cover it. I only touch up my face with a powder and lip balm to moist my dry lips. For me, that was more than enough.

“I have been finishing up my assignments, it was a quite a long work to do so sleep had to be sacrificed” I said to her. She just nods, continuing to eat with full. Haera unni interrupts our conversation after she finished reading the newspaper.

“You does look pale, Byul. You should take care of yourself well” she pushes her glasses on the bridge of her nose while watching me intently. I avoid her eyes, afraid she can sense my discomfort.

“Well, that is so aren’t you to do your work until late of night. I know you always finish your assignment earlier than the deadline. Is there something bothering you nowadays?” she keeps asking me questions which I know I had to be clever to turn it about. She observed me carefully as I speak.

“This semester is pretty hectic with so many things going on at once. I just had no time to do one work at a time so certain assignments had been put off” I reasons but before she can opens up to interrupt, I turn to Yuna.

“Yuna, how is it at school now?” I shift her attention to Yuna.

 “It was fun, unni. I had a dance class tomorrow and mom, you must come and see me. There will be a lot of people coming and they bring their parents too so I want you to come and cheer me up” she gleefully answer me.

Haera unni eyed me sideways but I just focus on Yuna talking so she breaks off her contact and look at Yuna too. Mom laughed sweetly, bringing the pan with pancakes and put it on the plate.

“Of course, I will go dear. It will be wasteful to not watch you dance with my own eyes. You are my lovely daughter” she bends down to kiss Yuna’s forehead which brings a giggle to her. I slip a little smile watching their interactions.

“Where is Chaerin? Why she doesn’t come down yet?” Mom asks after she sits beside me.

“Probably upstairs getting ready. She’s always come down late nowadays” Haera said as she eats a slice of pancake dipped with maple syrup.

As if Chaerin knows we were talking about her, she comes down from the stairs. I noticed she put on some make up as her lips are painted with a light red tint. Her cheeks are slightly pink as if it was brushed with a blusher. She looks pretty but it will be much better without those make up. I want to say that to her but her bored face put me off.

“Chaerin, come and eat your pancake. “ Mom calls her to grab a breakfast.

“I’m not hungry. Byul unni, let’s go now or I’m going to be late for school” she went to mom and kiss her cheek before walking out to the front.

“But, Chaerin” mom try to call her but I interrupt by saying

“I will take the pancakes for her, don’t worry mum. She is just in that period of growing up” I assure her while packing the pancakes in a small container. I also take out a bottle of apple juice form the fridge and put it in a red bag to be given to Chaerin. Mom smiles her warm smile and pats my hand.

I wave goodbye to mum, Yuna and Haera unni, walking to my Bentley where Chaerin is standing beside. I unlock the car by clicking it with my key, immediately Chaerin went into the passenger seat. I got into my driver seat, start the engine and drive out of the porch. The red bag is passed to Chaerin and I force her to eat the food even though at first she refused. When I raise my voice, she caves in and starts to munch on the pancake with a scowl on her face.  

Chaerin is only 15 years old but she is already conscious about her body, friends and other related with social life. I had noticed this for the past few weeks and she is showing the signs of puberty. Those things she is worried about were pretty useless for me if you ask me so because I had seen and experience many things with different kind of people. There are much more important things to think about rather than those simple kinds.

I tell her to take care of her own body and not torture it by starving herself just to get a good figure. She stays quiet along the journey and once we arrive at her school, she just went out and says that I have to pick her up by 3 pm since she had netball practice. Then, she just walks off without saying goodbye or thank you. What a brat she is. I start my engine and drives to my academy leaving Chaerin’s school to continue with my life. And also to launch my plan of the day as the mission EJD will officially start now.


The breezy wind blow past my warm body hitting me with its cold chill making me shiver slightly. I can feel that spring is coming, the best season ever. Spring is lovely but it always depends on my mood. We can change our perspective on something depending on our own emotions and moods. For now, I like the spring season. The future, let just hope my faith will stay the same.

Everyone in the campus seems to walk briskly or running around without even bothering to stop and feel the sensation of the weather. All of them are too preoccupied with the technology gadget on their hands. Time seems to change fast in this modernized world where everything is digital and people forgot about the real environment.

As I enter the academy, I can feel eyes glancing at me and I kind of used to it but the bothering feeling never left me. It is annoying and I hate it a lot. This people are just weird for highly admiring me when I am just a normal student like them too. I am nothing but a simple girl.

Entering the classroom, I counted the steps slowly in my mind and I pictured myself sitting at the usual spot of mine before I walk in. It is sort of a meditation and it becomes a habit of mine whenever I go into my class. I don’t really like the attention given to me so by doing this, it takes off my mind from the whispering of other students. Avoiding those stares and whispers, I safely land on my secured place where no one bothers me. Everyone had this perception that I am untouchable. They idolized `me` that they created. Because I did not entertains them when it comes to talking and stuff, they stop pushing me to speak to them. They seem to understand that I need my privacy. I had been passively ignoring everyone in the class but today I might do domething out of ordinary.

For the first time ever, I made an effort to look around the classroom finding a familiar face. An attractive face stood out among the many students whom I recognized him as Do Kyungsoo. If I’m not wrong and from the information I got from the internet, Do Kyungsoo is friends with Oh Sehun. There were a couple of pictures of them taken together and I safely assumed they were friends. Thinking about it now, I do remember they enter the class together last time so maybe I’m not wrong on this. Right after this class finished, I will need to follow him out so that I can meet with Oh Sehun.


42 minutes passed, listening to Mr. Kim explaining on differential equation, I get a sudden nausea and swirling headache from this morning. Unable to contain myself any longer, I get an excuse to dismiss from the class. Other students look up from their book when they saw me stand up. Some of them express concern non-verbally and two students offered to help me but I declined politely. I don’t want them to miss class and besides I’m comfortable by myself. I exit the classroom, walking along the hallways while touching the wall for support because it feels like I was walking on a rocking boat.

Everything seems to be spinning and I can’t find my balance. I can feel myself tripping and my face almost crash to the floor so I close my eyes waiting for the impact. However, I feel nothing instead a warmth feeling touch me on my arms. Slowly, my eyes are open to focus on what exactly is holding me on spot. At first, I can’t make out his face because my vision is blurring so I blink my eyes many times to clear it out until I heard his voice calling my name.

“Park Hanbyul, are you okay?” his mellow voice seems soothing but instantly I realized this is guy is touching me so I shake off his grip.

“Im fine” I lean on the wall and touch my forehead, massaging it. After heaving a deep breath, my vision is clearer than before; I turn to check who the guy is.

Oh Sehun.

This is an unexpected meeting. There is a frown creased on his eyebrows and the frown line is deep showing there is an evident worry on his face. His eyes behind those big glasses of his shows concern on my condition. His perfectly parting hair is so organized, it irritates me and I dont even know why am I thinking such thing. This headache is making me crazy. He seems unsure with my response because he try to outstretched his hand to touch my head but I flinch backwards so he stop.

“You don’t look fine to me, your face is pale white. Do you want me to bring you to the sick bay?” he offers me his help but I shake my head.

That little action worsens my state as I felt that dizziness attacks me again. Unconsciously, my hand grabs the nearest thing I felt and the softness texture I held is the most comforting presence I had ever felt. Now I really want to lie down on a bed. Oh Sehun help me steadied myself and he put my arms across his shoulder. I try to push him off so that he won’t be holding me because I hate the intimacy we are in.  Instead, I almost fall down but he caught me again. He then forces my arms back to our position before, I can’t resist him since the spinning occurs right at the moment and he helps me walk to the sick bay.

The nurse in charge takes me and lay me down on the bed at the corner of the room. She gave me Panadol and a glass of water, I drank it and close my eyes letting the pill smoothly move down my throat and enter my system. The nurse help me placing my head on the white pillow and she covers me with the blanket. After that, only hush whispers can be heard in the room.  The softness from the contact with my hand is gone with the voice of Oh Sehun as the quietness fills in the small space. Before the voice is gone, I heard a sentence utters from his deep voice.

“You are so stubborn, Park Hanbyul”. Then, I completely black out into a deep slumber.