Memory 12

H & S Memoirs

 

Sehun had been sleeping really well after he tucked himself in with the lingering thoughts of the date. He even snored a little which is very rare in his case. He didn’t even realize that it's already way past his normal wake up time if not for the sudden heavy figure suffocating him.  An unexpected weight on his body startled Sehun as he felt crushed beneath it which caused him to wake up. He couldn’t see whose the one interrupting him so early in the morning because he is facing down on the bed.

“Sehunnnnnnnn,” an affectionate and pitchy voice is heard. Sehun immediately recognize whom it belongs to.

“Sooyoung, get off me. I can’t breathe,” Sehun’s muffled voice came out from under the pillow as he pleads his older sister who sits on top of him to move away.

“I heard you got a date yesterday. Sunny told me about it, she said she saw you with a girl at Sky Garden. How could you, Hun, didn’t tell me about your girlfriend,” Sooyoung pouted while crossing her arm across her chest.

Her action added more weight to Sehun's struggling escape. The poor guy struggle underneath her as he huffed and puffed to pull out the pillow from his face so he can breathe normally. He can feels the lack of oxygen is getting to his head and if he didn’t escape now, he might faint anytime soon.

He finally manage to get out from the suffering by pushing Sooyoung away from him causing her to be surprised by the sudden move. Luckily she caught herself from falling face down to the hard floor and able to place herself safely on the edge of the bed. Angered with Sehun’s clumsy action, she pinched his ear and pull him up with her as she stands up from the bed. He cringes in pain.

“Ow, ow it hurts. Sorry, Sooyoung, I promise you not to do that again,” he rubbed his poor ear right after Sooyoung let it go. She crossed her arms around her torso and glare at him. Sehun was fully awaken as he sits down on the bed with a pained expression.

“That is rude, Sehun. I didn’t teach you to act this way towards an older person. I am your loving sister who practically raised you and fed you. How could you do this to me?” she feigned a hurtful look with a dramatic sigh and brushed an invisible tears with her graceful hand.

Sehun sigh sleepily and rubs his eyes tiredly. Sooyoung always try to use the same old story of her being a doting and pitiful sister whom her younger brother doesn’t appreciate her. Well, it is true that Sooyoung was the one who raised him because both of their parents were very busy with their hospital work so it was Sooyoung who cares for him, giving him food and taking him out. Basically, she acted like a second mother to him so Sehun does feel attached to her compared to their parents. He mostly confide with Sooyoung in everything. Sooyoung is like his second parent, the person who knows him inside and out. However, the complex situation he is in is a thing that he can’t possibly spill to Sooyoung due to the promise he made with Hanbyul.

Sehun stares sheepishly at his sister, rubbing his eyes back and forth to ease the sleepiness away. “She’s a friend and well, we are in the process of knowing each other,” his voice fades, anticipating his sister’s reaction.

Sooyoung’s face glow up brightly and she coo gleefully. “Oh my god, my baby brother is finally a man. You finally got a girlfriend!” she grins from ear to ear, ruffling Sehun’s hair in pure adoration.

She even squishes his cheek with her hand, pinches her lovely brother with so much affection. She watches Sehun patted his hair flat like he usually did, sighing when he puts on his glasses.

“You really need to change the glasses. It hides your good looks making you look so different,” Soyoung said in a motherly tone.

“It's a perfectly fine glasses. I don't need a new one when I can buy myself a new book with that money,” Sehun ignore his sister's words.

“Yeah, yeah. Just seriously stop styling your hair like grandpa because it was so outdated,” Soyoung commented as always to which Sehun smiles slightly. She ruffles his messy hair telling herself how much his younger brother looks better with bedhead hair than his own style of 80's hair.

"And could you please wear normal clothes for once, Sehun? I bought you those sweater and hoodie but you never wear them. They suit you more than dad's old coat," she mutters exasperatedly hoping Sehun will listen to her but the boy just smile at his older sister.

“But the clothes are comfortable to wear and they were groovy back in the days. I like things to be vintage, beside dad's stuff always feels nice to wear," he said sincerely. Sooyoung stares affectionately at her younger brother.

"I know you love having his stuff especially most of the clothes dad got from gramps. You are his favourite grandson after all. But vintage works if it looks good but the one you pick just doesn't suit you, Sehun. If you are getting a girlfriend, I bet the girl wouldn't like you dressing up like an old man," she states.

"Well, she actually don't mind," Sehun bites his lips, then become hesitant when his sister points out about his choice of clothing. Hanbyul didn't say anything about his look so he safely assume the girl doesn't care much about appearance but now he himself is having his own doubt.

"Hmmm, if you say so Sehun. Well, if she ask you out then that must mean she doesn't care about your appearance much. She probably care for the personality more. By the way, I heard from Sunny, she's a beauty," Sooyoung continue saying. She wait for her brother to elaborate more on the girl.

Sehun stares at Sooyoung for a while, processing her word on Hanbyul and then after recalling his date yesterday with the said girl, he found himself smiling. She was an interesting character compared to the usual image she always presented at the college. She seems more like a normal human being than the Goddess people always talk about but one thing Sehun did agree with all of the students in his college and that is her beauty. She was stunning, a beautiful person that can make people's head turn with just her mere presence. Yesterday, he was captivated by her even if she was wearing a simple clothes yet she had this aura about her that attracts people.

"She is beautiful," Sehun compliments with dreamy eyes and Sooyoung caught the look he gives, immediately glees in happiness.

"Uh, my baby finally notice there is a girl worth his attention other than his books," she rubs his head affectionately.

"Oh yeah, before I forgot Siwon is coming for dinner this Friday and we are going to discuss on the wedding," Sooyoung tells him after she retract her hand from his hair. Siwon is Sooyoung's fiancee, he works as a lawyer and they both are planning to get married on October so they are busy with the preparation.

"Alright, noted," Sehun said.

"Make sure you are not late to the dinner, okay because I need you to be present. I have to go now since I'm meeting him for lunch," Sooyoung smile then excuse herself as she strides to the door.

She waves at Sehun with a small smile and before she close the door, she said something. "Also, send my greeting to the girl and don't forget to send me picture of her. I'm dying to know who is the one that caught your heart," she winks at Sehun and before Sehun even got the chance to answer, Sooyoung had already close the door behind her leaving Sehun hanging.

Sehun scratch his head, thinking that Hanbyul will never agree to have her picture taken especially if he request it but then he know someone did have the picture of both of them together and that will be from his friends. He will have to ask Hanbyul first before giving it to his sister since he respect her privacy. Maybe he will ask her about it tomorrow at the college and as if she know he was thinking about her, a text message appeared on his phone. Sehun slides the message on the phone screen to read it.

Hanbyul: I think about what you say on picking me up tomorrow. Let's cancel it. I will drive myself to the college so it's not necessary.

He smiles amused of her direct to the point words, there's no greeting or unrelated words as she just straight tells him of her firm decision. She did seem reluctant yesterday when he suggested the ride since he wanted to know the girl sincerely thus he made the first step but it seems like Hanbyul does not simply relent to such offer easily. Sehun switches off his phone without replying to the message. Even if she refuse the offer, he doesn't and in his mind, he thinks Hanbyul need to open up more to other people. He will try to do that as a part of his role in the relationship even if she's not up for it. He decided after the yesterday's date that he was curious about the said girl and never in his life he think that the opposite could fascinate him as much as Park Hanbyul.