Memory 10

H & S Memoirs

Effort came with determination and without it; the result of the end work is simply useless.

The hardship and struggles you put in with the effort is what makes everything worth it at the end of the journey.

The time you spent to put some effort in a job will be the time you memorize as the time of your life.


Forming a secret group behind Sehun’s back wasn’t that hard since Sehun himself doesn’t get involved much in social media so Kyungsoo thought it will be safe to do so.  Sehun who was clueless or better known as non-social person had made it easier for his other friends to made up a group that they fairly know well on how to use. With the group chat in which consist of all of them except Sehun, they immediately get into action to discuss on Sehun’s date. Yup, they maybe looked a bit busybody but this was big news for them so they were pretty hyped up about it, not to mention that the girl is the Queen, Park Hanbyul. Chanyeol was the most excited one since he had always been a fan of Hanbyul, followed by Kyungsoo who had known Sehun the longest. The rest was thrilled too on the fact that their friend whom had been single his whole life had finally gotten himself a date and they wanted this to work. Kyungsoo being the mastermind had created the chatroom for them so they can share their thoughts and ideas on Sehun’s date.  

Kyungsoo was on his way back home after grabbing as much as chocolate bar in the convenience store near his house and bought it with the cash his mother gave him when he saw Sehun out from his house in the middle of night. It caught Kyungsoo’s interest immediately. The fact that Sehun rarely goes out at night with the exceptional of outing with his family and seeing the house was pretty light up inside indicate his parents are home, it creates a wonder on Kyungsoo’s mind on Sehun’s night out. Sehun doesn’t simply go out to take a walk or get some fresh air outside because Kyungsoo knows that Sehun rather sleeps when he was stressed than getting his muscle worked up to relieve the massive stress from his head. Kyungsoo had known Sehun too well so he had been suspicious and curious of this sudden out of behaviour of Sehun. Thus, when he witnessed Sehun going out, Kyungsoo take no time at all to type what he had seen to the others in the newly created group chat.

It was a perfect opportunity to relay his message to others and let them speculate on Sehun’s outing so they can share their random assumptions. Kyungsoo typed rapidly like a bullet on fire, after he eyed Sehun’s back who disappeared into the darkness of night and waited for his friends to respond. The one who replied first was Chanyeol who admittedly cannot contain his deduction to himself as he blabbered excitedly with this random smiling emoticon all over his text stated that Sehun is probably out for a date.

 

EXO Group Chat

 

Kyungsoo: I saw Sehun going out just now. It was weird since he never goes out late at night.

Chanyeol: OMG, really! He must have gone out to meet Park Hanbyul.

Xiumin: That was early than I expected. Are you sure he went out to meet Park Hanbyul? I don’t think so

Yixing: Yeah, I agree. Probably, he just went out to the store

Kyungsoo: Nah, Sehun hates walking to the store at night. He said his night blindness wasn’t helping him in the dark

Suho: Then, how he managed to walk in the dark just now?

Kyungsoo: Well, his eyesight wasn’t that bad so he still can walk without much trouble but he prefer not to

Chanyeol: Okay guys, could we go back to our conversation on what reason does Sehun have to go out this late??

Suho: Hahahaha. Well, I gotta say I kind of leaned on to what Chanyeol suggested; Sehun is probably out to meet Hanbyul

Yixing: Hmmm, I still doubt that

Kyungsoo: Why, Yixing? I thought the same thing as Suho hyung and Chanyeol

Yixing: Too early to make an assumption since Hanbyul only confessed this morning and to have a date at night wasn’t such a great idea. It seems too rushed and unprepared

Xiumin: Yup, Sehun is probably out for some other reason

Suho: When you put it that way, it does sound right since I don’t think they both will hastily make a date without any plan

Kyungsoo: Then, how would you explain where Sehun go for 15 minutes break after our class this morning? I bet he went to see Park Hanbyul

Chanyeol: But Sehun told us they only exchanged numbers and there was nothing more than that. There weren’t much time for them to discuss anything at such a short time. However, I still think Sehun is out to see Hanbyul

Xiumin: If you say so, Chanyeol.

Yixing: Since we can’t really confirm whether Sehun did go out to see her, Kyungsoo should ask him.

Suho: Yes, Kyungsoo. We need to hear the exact truth from Sehun himself.

Kyungsoo: Roger that. I will keep my eyes on to see when he will come back and then I’ll call him.

Chnayeol: True, true

Yixing: Okay, that is settled. I need to go back to my assignment now. Bye guys

Xiumin: Me too. Bye

Chanyeol: Adios

Suho: Hahahaha, okay. Bye

 

Kyungsoo exited the group and switch off his phone. He waited in his room impatiently as his mind wondered and travelled back to Sehun’s retreating back. Kyungsoo noticed an undefinable expression on Sehun when Kyungsoo was busily munching his chocolate bar and it kind of made him choked as he was surprised by the expression. There was some sort of anticipation and an emotion that he can’t comprehend. Kyungsoo almost bumped onto their house door earlier when he was too busy chatting in the group chat but luckily he focused back to his surrounding before an incident can happen.

Since he prefer not to waste his time waiting for Sehun without doing any work, Kyungsoo switched on his computer to continue his essay on the Brain Cognitive Function in which it is his assignment title for this semester. He was so immersed in researching information on the functions of brain and typed the necessary words for his assignment, then only realized Sehun had been out for a long time so he checked the time on his phone that bleeped to show its already 11.15pm. Kyungsoo stands up from his table and stamped his feet to the window, pulled the curtain aside and right at the moment, his eyes caught a movement under a lamp post that lightened a tall figure. Kyungsoo saw Sehun walked with slow steps, his hand tucked deep inside his jacket as the weather was slightly cold. Sehun was in his own world. His mind drifted to his confrontation with Hanbyul that occurred in Maple House Café as he remembered the feeling of her hands. They felt cold, similar to her frosty gaze.

Sehun marched straight into his house and he ascended the stairs to his bedroom, open the door and fall to his bed without taking his jacket off. Once Kyungsoo saw Sehun’s room is lighted up and bright, he dialled Sehun’s number quickly. The ringing from his phone as it vibrated in his pocket jeans caused Sehun to snap back to the reality once his flow of thoughts had been interrupted by the loud device. A flash of Kyungsoo’s name on the screen made Sehun sit up straight properly on the bed before he pick up the call.

“Hello, Kyung,” Sehun greeted Kyungsoo using his nickname.

“Hun, what are you doing now?” Kyungsoo cautiously asked at the end of the line, he still peeked from his window to watch Sehun’s room but Sehun’s curtains had prevented him to see inside so Kyungsoo was clueless on what Sehun does now.

“Nothing. I was lying down when you called me,” Sehun replied.

“I saw you going out before. Where do you go?” Kyungsoo asked, biting his lips as he waited for Sehun’s response. Sehun sighed, he brushed his jacket off from his body and throw it to the nearby chair and watched it slipped down to the floor.

“I can never hide thing from you, Kyung. You had always keen eyes for stuff that I do,” Sehun chuckled before he continue, “ meeting Park Hanbyul at Maple House Café, that is why I went out,” he announced the answer that Kyungsoo had been waiting for.

“Seriously, you are serious right?” Kyungsoo demanded to confirm his question. Sehun mumbled yes. So what Chanyeol had suggested before is true and Sehun did go out to meet Park Hanbyul, what a coincidence this is, he thinks to himself.

“What are you guys doing there, Hun? Tell me everything from the start,” Kyungsoo buzzed, dying to know the story of their meet up.

“She requested to meet at the café to get to know each other more. We just casually hang out and talked. Tomorrow will be our first date, she told me about it before,” Sehun recited a simple version of his conversation, keeping the secret of true nature of their relationship from Kyungsoo.

“That is awesome. Park Hanbyul wanted to meet you; it’s so bizarre I can barely contain the fact. So where do you guys planned to have a date tomorrow?” Kyungsoo interrogated as he plopped himself on his chair, swivelled in circle.

“Sky Park Garden, 12.30 pm. That is what she said,” Sehun state without hiding it. It was pointless to lie or to reject Kyungsoo’s answer when he sounds earnest and excited. Sehun doesn’t have the heart to do so to his best friend.

“Well, I hoped you enjoy your date and make sure you wear different clothes from what you usually do. Look your best tomorrow for you very first date. Good luck,” Kyungsoo expressed his feelings and gave a tip to Sehun on what to do tomorrow. They ended their conversation and proceed to do their own things.

Sehun pondered on what Kyungsoo told him on wearing something good for the date so he walked towards his wardrobe, pushed it open to reveal neatly hanging clothes on the rack. Most of the clothes he had were his father’s old jackets and simple t-shirt that he doesn’t usually wear. He scratched his head, pushed his glasses on his nose up and ended up choosing the first dark brown jacket he saw and put it on his table. He doesn’t want to think so hard and opted to choose something he feel comfortable with. Sehun then went to read a book on Brain Imaging while Kyungsoo on the other hand, after finished talking with Sehun, immediately texted on EXO group chat. Everyone started to reply back at once, messages flooded Kyungsoo’s notifications.

 

EXO Group Chat

Kyungsoo: Sehun did go out to meet Park Hanbyul

Chanyeol: OMG. I got it right!

Minseok: Seriously??!

 Suho: Wow, that’s fast

Yixing: I can’t believe it is true.

Kyungsoo: Yup, he clarified to me when I called him just now. Saying they were just meet up but it wasn’t an actual date

Suho: Owh, so when is their date?

Chanyeol: Yes, when when???? You better answer that question. I’m dying

Yxixng: Patient, Chanyeol

Minseok: What a busybody. Chanyeol acted like an ajumma

Suho: Guys, guys calm down. Let Kyungsoo answer it

Kyungsoo: Hahahahhaa. I did ask him about the date. He said they will have the date tomorrow at Sky Park Garden 12.30 pm.

Minseok: That place is so crowded, I never want to get into those mass of people

Yixing: But the place is gorgeous

Chanyeol: Yup

Suho: I haven’t got the chance to explore that park yet.

Chanyeol: It’s not the time to discuss the park but let focus on the fact SEHUN HAS A DATE TOMORROW!

Kyungsoo: Okay, Chanyeol. I got your point

Yixing: What do you guys plan to do?

Chanyeol: I say we went there to spy on them. Wouldn’t it be fun to catch them in some awkward date? Hehehehe

Suho: It doesn’t feel right. Aren’t we just invading their space by spying?

Kyungsoo: Nah, Sehun won’t know. We will do it secretly.

Minseok: This should be fun. I had always wanted to be a spy like James Bond, having those cool sunglasses

Yixing: Erk, Minseok hyung, you better don’t show up with some fancy glasses or we will be caught

Minseok: Hahaha, fine fine

Kyungsso: So it’s a deal, okay. Let’s meet up at Suho hyung’s house at 11.30 am tomorrow.

Suho: Okay, I’m in

Chanyeol: Yeah, me too

Yxing: Okay

Minseok: Aye, aye. Now I’m going to practice my James Bond walk. Bye…. (Put some 007 background music)


Sehun woke up earlier than he always been. Waking up at 8.30 am was normal to him but today he woke 2 hours early than usual. He rose from his bed as his eyes open to the darkened room. Nervousness start to seep when he realized that today is the day, his date with Hanbyul. Unable to continue his sleep, Sehun opt to wash himself up and went downstairs to grab something to eat at the kitchen. Then, he proceed to the living room, bringing himself along a tray of tuna sandwich and a glass of orange juice as he carefully place the tray on the table. He switched on the television to watch the documentary on Malayan Tiger, a species that had almost extinct, immersed on the animal’s behaviour.

Time passed till both Sehun’s parents woke up and greet him before they have a proper breakfast, then both of them went to their work as Saturday was a pretty busy day for both the doctors in his family. Sehun’s mother kissed him goodbye and Sehun went up to his room to complete his Algebra Tutorial until he notice the time had almost reach 12 pm. Deciding it is wiser to prepare himself now since the journey to Sky Park Garden take approximately  15 minutes by walking, Sehun changed his clothes quickly. Sehun prefer to walk rather than taking up a transport because walking is good and he had practiced that kind of lifestyle with both of his parents as they followed his older sister whom dragged them to join the “Walk for Health” campaign last time. Now, he was so used to it, he doesn’t even mind the long journey.

Sehun brushed his jacket down to smooth it and looked at the mirror to watch his reflection on it. He brushed his hair, parting his hair outwards and put on his big glasses. After feeling satisfied with how he looked, Sehun went out of his house and locked it; he strolled to the designated place of their date as he admired the surrounding while walking.

Once he arrived, Sehun ventured through the crowds, his step stopped at the centre of the park bustling with many people from various age as he stood there, visible with his dark brown oversized jacket. He purposely stood at the centre so Hanbyul can spot him easily amidst the sea of visitors. Aware with the burning stares from others who pass him by, he ignored them as he only focused on his own thoughts and occasionally checking his phone. Sehun scuffle his shoes on the ground, waiting nervously for Hanbyul to arrive, a tinge of anticipation and nervousness fluttered in his heart as time move. The massive crowds in the park was a bit overwhelming as he recognized some of them from the academy in which most of them were giving Sehun an unsatisfied look that he didn’t caught.

Sehun patted his trimmed hair with his right hand to the side of his head, his eyes searched his phone for the message Hanbyul send him yesterday night after they met at the café. They parted ways once their brief encounter finished with a firm handshake that Sehun initiated, earned a disapproving glance from Hanbyul whom just accepted it. Hanbyul was the first one to leave as usual; she wrapped up the conversation by insisting that Sehun would not be late today to which Sehun nod mutely as a yes. She send him a message late that night to remind him about the date occurring today and his promise to not bail out from the plan she had meticulously think about whom was very hard in her part but Sehun doesn’t know that. So here he is waiting for his date to come to the busy park.

A few minutes later, Hanbyul was seen from afar striding confidently as she walked to Sehun’s direction. Her long hair swayed with each step she takes, the breeze dancing along each strands passing her flowing hair, her entrance attracted many eyes especially the students whom had been her avid fan. Hanbyul is wearing a black knee length dress paired with a black jeans and a flannel shirt to cover her bare arms. She donned all black, the colour she had always liked and it does made her stand out as the black brings out her fair skin tone and highlighted her face more. Sehun on the other hand had put on his father’s old jacket, one of a rare collection that Sehun had come to adore but many hate it, his hair was combed neatly and his big glasses sit on his nose, covering his eyes with the large frame. Hanbyul stopped right in front of Sehun as she adjusted her bag on her shoulder, her eyes caught Sehun’s one and they greet in silence.

“I kept my promise,” Sehun said before Hanbyul got the chance to speak. She registered his word in her mind, staring blankly as an answer. Inside, she was relieved that Sehun did come and doesn’t abandon her.

“Thank you,” she muttered shortly and starts to walk forward without even telling Sehun beforehand on her impetuous action. Sehun followed, keeping pace with her as he walked beside her, silence covered them with its spell.

Their conversation was not continued as they just walked through the paved road without uttering a single word. Loud chattering from the people in their surrounding contrasted to their quiet demeanour slowly turning the awkwardness level between them to a scale of 10. Hanbyul wandered through the park with no destination in her mind. She mindlessly ventured inside only to discover great scenery, the park filled with thousand colourful flowers and rainbow fans planted on the ground created a fun atmosphere making Hanbyul feel delighted. She slipped a smile unconsciously watching the views and Sehun who saw the same thing caught the rare expression when he glanced to the girl. The sight left him speechless, he saw a demure and soft girl he never met before in Hanbyul at that short time. They hanged around at the sunflower garden when Hanbyul stopped there; her eyes admired the beauty of the youthful energy the flowers emit till Sehun interrupt her thoughts by asking her a question.

“Why do you choose this place?” his curious tone was heard clearly, a tone that Hanbyul often heard when she had known him. She averted her gaze from the flowers and stared ahead, focusing her gaze elsewhere but not at Sehun.

“Honestly, this park was the best place to be discovered by our peers. It was full of people and Sunmi told me many from our academy came here on weekends so I thought it was a good idea to be seen together here,” she state.

“For the purpose being spotted by others,” Sehun added, his hands buried deep in his jacket’s pocket. Hanbyul mumbled yes.

As long as both of them can be seen walking together in this park was enough for Hanbyul to show others that they are on a date, she expected that because most of the people who visited the park were the students from WM Academy as it was near to the college. She noticed some people were whispering when Sehun and she passed them by, Hanbyul doesn’t particularly know most of them but she was really sure they come from WM since Sunmi always gushed about the park.

Sunmi said that,” if you wanted to caught people on dating, Sky Garden is the best place and gossips sure fly fast here,”. A wide smile then implanted on Sunmi’s face since she love gossips so much, she was basically an unofficial reporter of WM Academy, she always got the biggest scoop with an exception of the huge news of Hanbyul’s dating that had exploded without her knowledge. Sunmi was beyond furious but Hanbyul had managed to calm her down after a quite heated and a little bit childish conversation they have yesterday so everything was deemed fine as Sunmi made sure that Hanbyul will tell her everything now on her current progress with Oh Sehun.

They continued walking, each falling into their own thoughts and basked in the silence that enveloped them but as it grows more intense, neither open their mouths to convey any words since both had no idea on what to talk about. Even though, Hanbyul show a calm façade, inside her head is actually a jumbled of mess as she had no idea on what her next plan for the date. She only planned the setting and time of the date but she didn’t think through on what they should do. So she was lost. Hanbyul stopped in her tracks suddenly and Sehun followed suit. She pulled her hair back with her hands and turned her head to face Sehun. Her intense eyes bore into Sehun before a sigh escaped .

“I will be honest. I had no idea what to do on this date,” she state clearly found it frustrating to just walk with no direction. Sehun almost chuckled when he saw the distressed look decorated Hanbyul’s face. Sehun pulled up his jacket before he said something.

“That makes the two of us because I don’t know too. I thought you will lead the date but it might be our job to think next on what to do together,” Sehun grinned, his face become boyish as he suggested that. Hanbyul nods along, she paced to the nearest bench and sit down. Sehun did the same, kept a few distance between them so that Hanbyul won’t feel that he was invading her space. At first, they were very quiet, too quiet until Sehun felt suffocated by the increasing awkwardness and stifling silence.

Sehun glanced to the right to see Hanbyul sat straight on the bench, her fingers tapped nervously on her knees. Hanbyul may look expressionless but her small action such as the twitch of her finger showed her nervousness, the same feeling Sehun currently had. The park are now more crowded than they first stepped in, the noise filled the large space and Sehun had the urge to open his mouth too after hearing so many voices around him but not himself.

“Being on a date wasn’t something I accustomed to,” Sehun said as he merely stated the fact. Hanbyul stopped her fingers and slump her stiff shoulder down.

“It’s beyond awkward. Why do people love to go on this thing?” she speak, her eyes fall to a couple in matching shirt that passed by them. Hanbyul hated that kind of lovey dovey display. Unexpectedly, Sehun laughed when he hear Hanbyul’s statement when he saw her face frowned with displeasure, the expression made him smile since it was rare for her to show it.

“When two people become a couple, they will take some time to learn about each other and know both of their personality plus flaws. By going out on a date, it is a place for them to spend time with together, to enjoy each other’s presence and that is the reason why they do this,” Sehun explained after he composed himself, his hands outstretched to the back of the bench.

“It’s ridiculous, I’ll admit. These people are just wasting their time on useless date,” she continued, her eyebrows furrowed. Sehun was amused on Hanbyul’s sudden bashing when they themselves are on a date even though she clearly state she hated it.

“Instead of delving ourselves in pointless argument on dates, we should plan what we want to do now. Or you prefer to just stay without doing anything in this park till evening comes,” Sehun picked up a lint on his jacket after he said it. Hanbyul crossed her arms; her thoughts picked up on Sehun words that she felt a bit direct but true to a certain point. They cannot waste their time doing nothing. Since she can barely think on what the next plan is, Hanbyul decided to ask Sehun for help.

“You choose, I will give you an opportunity to make a decision. Whatever you want, I’ll follow,” she said, her head whipped to Sehun’s face.

Their eyes met and time seems to stand still for Sehun, feeling embarrassed, he cleared his throat and looked away. He’s getting to know bit by bit about Hanbyul and Sehun felt odd with his own discovery of the Queen of Darkness whom students had admired so much. Even being closer to her now felt surreal. Given a chance by her to decide, he started to scramble his mind on the next place they could go, some location that would be perfect to quieten down from the loud surrounding. A flickering bulb light up in his mind once he found the place suited them.

“We could go to The Lodgers for a lunch. They have great foods and the ambience is quite comfortable. Afterwards, we could grab a coffee perhaps at Maple House café. For now, we should enjoy the scenery,” Sehun elaborately said to which Hanbyul nods at it, the idea was acceptable to her opinion.

With the plan has already laid out, both of them agreed to it then Hanbyul ushered Sehun to get up and they walked again along the grounded path. The path that opens up to different areas of intricately design of patios and gardens where people flocked there to admire the artwork. Some visitors photographed their pictures at the garden that have a fairy-tale concept and the flashes from the cameras half blinded Hanbyul when she walked near them. She noticed something was a bit off with the camera flashes so her eyes started to wander around the garden. Searching every possible crook on the path they were walking on, she moved her head around until she found movements behind a fairly big bush at the corner of the garden they are standing now. She squint her eyes and saw silhouettes, recognizing some of them that are a bit visible from her views behind the thick bushes.

“If your friends wanted to become a spy, they clearly made a bad one,” she indicates, caught Sehun in confusion with her riddles. He turned to her to inquire an explanation; Hanbyul jutted her chin to the direction of the moving bush.

Sehun instantly saw one head peeked out from the green bush. A pair of hands hidden in between the bush can be seen easily since he wore a bright orange shirt and Sehun recognized who it is. His friends are being too obvious in hiding till Sehun mentally face palmed himself for their failure to spy him on a date. He should have known that when Kyungsoo asked him yesterday will mean that they will tag along in secret to capture him with Hanbyul on a date.

“Sorry, they are just excited for this date and wanted to be a part of it even though it meant that they will spied on us. I didn’t mean for you to become uncomfortable with their childish behaviour,” Sehun apologized.

“I don’t mind. Actually their help is much needed in our dire situation to confirm this date really happened to all of the students so that Jung Daehyun will know that I am serious. Make sure they take a good picture of us and spread it online,”Hanbyul declared, a look of satisfaction painted on her face, she found Sehun’s friend uninvited spying a golden chance to fully spread the news in WM Academy. Sehun was appalled upon seeing the almost noticeable smirk on Hanbyul’s face.

“Unbelievable, you really don’t mind they are invading our privacy when the whole academy knows you hate it when people pry into your life,” Sehun claimed with an amused expression. Turned out, Hanbyul was absolutely determined in this plan that she had acted way different from she usually is.  Hanbyul had become too desperate to make the plan successful; her behaviour had changed slowly without her knowing and Sehun was caught up in the process of it.


I can't believe it that it had been almost a month since I updated.

Too busy at work had made me lose ideas and finally I had managed

to complete this chapter. I seriously at writing dialogues and it kind of shows in my writing.

Man, dialogue is my biggest flaws since I am not a sociable person so it might had contributed to

a poorly dialogue I had created here. Nevertheless, I hoped you guys still understand it.

Now, I am off to finish Nightless in White. Do check out my other fics where Yixing starred in it.

Since Yixing is such a gorgeous man and he is my bias after Kyungsoo. Do comment too. Doodles

~Blossom_sprng~