Starting the Beginning

Exodus

"Yifan!" Junmyeon was quick to be on his feet, calling for the older between the walls of the labyrinth.
    "Here!" The reply was quicker than he expected, and not very far either, which was better for Junmyeon.
    "Stay where you are!" He called over before starting to walk down the familiar path, his shoes clicking gently against the stone ground but his hearing focused mainly of Yifan trying to lead Junmyeon to him with his voice. 
    Suddenly the ground beneath gave a small jerk, making Junmyeon stumble a tiny bit but not fall over, and continued with ease. There were still odd street lamps littered around the place, and as he walked he started to realise that he couldn't just hear his own shoes clacking and stopped, hearing footsteps on his right, although there was nothing there but a wall.
    "Hello?" He called, wondering who it was.
    "Junmyeon!?" The low and rough reply could only be recognised as Chanyeol and Junmyeon quickly replied with some instructions that were thought at the top of his head, "Don't move Chanyeol and make a fire so I can see where you are, I'll try and collect the others and return to you, okay?"
    There was no reply, except from the only reply Junmyeon really needed which was the one he gave as orange and red started to flick on the walls above him.
    As soon as he saw the sign, he made his way over to Yifan's voice which continued to call for him.
    The male couldn't fly over the walls like you'd think, for some strange reason the Box was against any way of getting to each over except from using their feet and voices, and using just that could be very exhausting.
    "Yifan!?" He called for about the fifth time.
    "Junmyeon!?" The call was very close and Junmyeon halted to a stop, turning around to stare at the stone wall which faced him, shouting, "Stop where you are Yifan!"
    The shuffling of feet stopped, and he called over, "Tap on the wall Yifan," and as soon as he said that there was a tap from the other side of the colossal wall.
    "Follow the tapping, I'm just on the other side of the wall you're facing," Junmyeon explained, Yifan's voice ringing in reply, "Alright!" 
    And so Junmyeon started walking along the wall, tapping it with his index finger as he did, hearing footsteps follow.
    "Junmyeon! Wait!" 
    "Yifan, wait!" Junmyeon yelled as he heard a voice from behind and snapped around to see Sehun running in his direction, pleased to see the male as it meant less hassle for himself.
    "Yifan's just on the other side of this wall," Junmyeon said simply before resuming to walk, tapping the wall with his finger while Sehun nodded and followed beside him like a puppy.
    As the three walked as if the wall wasn't there, the only sound was the continuous tapping Junmyeon was doing, a smile brought Junmyeon's lips together as he saw the end of the wall coming up, and quickly sped up.
    Sehun and Junmyeon came to the end of the wall and were met by Yifan who appeared from around the other side, sighing and ruffling his hair, and Junmyeon realised once Yifan approached him that he was smiling like an idiot.
    Why did he feel so pleased to see him? It wasn't like he wasn't going to appear when they got to the end of the wall.
    "Come on," he grunted, walking past Sehun and Junmyeon.
    Why was he in such a bad mood?
    And then he remembered that Yifan didn't really want to be there, but was it really because he was being caring for the others? To Junmyeon it just looked like he didn't want to be there because he didn't want to be there.
    But he knew for one thing, that he wasn't going to argue with the male, as he had already faced up to the consequences of those actions.


In the end it didn't take as long as they had expected. The three had found Kyungsoo on the way from going back to Chanyeol, and Zitao wasn't that far from where they were all together and so was able to join them with ease.
    Now it was just a question of finding the portal.
    "Where would it be?" Chanyeol asked, Junmyeon shrugging, guessing, "I'm thinking the centre..."
    "And how do we find that?" Yifan asked quickly, and Junmyeon almost, almost snapped a sharp reply back, but held back his tongue.
    "Trail and error, we never found it last time we were stuck here, but I guess it wasn't our priority," Junmyeon reminisced over the scorching memories, how they all panicked at first and then pretended like they knew what they were doing but collapsed in the end.
    He just hoped that wouldn't happen this time.


"How long do you think they'll be?"
    "What do we do?"
    "How will we know they're on Exo planet?"
    The questions kept going on and on, Jongdae watching with no amusement as the others just stared at the Box, and was surprised that Jongin actually attempted to try and answer them all.
    But it was as if they weren't listening, Junmyeon had explained just before going in to Jongin that he had to teleport into the Box after a few hours to check on them, so why did they keep asking the same questions?
    "Do you think they'll be okay?" Baekhyun asked, reaching forward to touch the Box, who was stopped by Luhan.
    "I don't think we should touch it, they might shake around inside," he explained, but Baekhyun simply laughed in reply, "I don't think they've actually shrunk and been teleported inside."
    "Well..." Jongin bent down and tilted his head at the peculiar Box, "It is a Box that does whatever you wish, if you want to go inside maybe it does shrink you..."
    "No, I don't think so," Luhan looked down at the Box, before he shrugged, "Well it might do I guess, but..."
    "But what?" Minseok asked, looking up from the table where he had been napping, his hair all messed up.
    "I think maybe we should restrict the boundaries to what we think and believe in, don't you think? Next we'll be believing in fairies and unicorns next I swear," he chuckled, walking over to Minseok and starting to sort out his hair.
    Yixing chuckled, and no one made a move to tell Luhan that his power actually was spirited (like Chanyeol's and Yifan's) to a unicorn.
    Jongdae sighed, letting his face fall into his hands.
    The way they were all laughing, as if to act like the fact that they had only barely brushed off death didn't matter.
    Baekhyun was being so careless it started to hurt Jongdae's eyes and head and he found himself lazily pushing himself off the sofa and dragging his feet to his room, remembering with a wailing sort of sigh that he had to share it with Baekhyun but went in anyway and flopped himself down onto the bed, feeling the bounce back and wished he could just stay there for his entire life.
    And then, of course, a few minutes later he found himself gently waking up from a sleep he had fallen into in only a few seconds by the sound of the creaking door opening and shutting while hardly making any sound.
    Only then had Jongdae remembered that he was practically sprawled along the bed, but kept his eyes closed and pretended to continue to sleep as to avoid embarrassment. 
    But then he felt the bed creak and a blanket, he was guessing, be laid gently across him.
    It was warm and then he remembered that Baekhyun had a blanket wrapped around him while they were discussing the Box.
    He was so...gentle, and caring, and it annoyed Jongdae because Baekhyun cared so much he almost died because of him.
    His eyes shot open and he sat up just as quickly and grabbed onto the males wrist, who turned to look at him with a shocked face.
    Jongdae didn't know why he had moved so quickly, Baekhyun wasn't going anywhere, and because of his harsh movements he found himself slowly releasing his grasp around the fragile wrists and looked down to the dark blue blanket that warmed him and gently caressed his fingers through the soft material as he asked in a low mumble, "Why did you do it?"
    He threw a few gazes over the male to see if he had heard him, and he had as he turned away with a thinking expression before answering quietly, "Because I care about you and needed to repay you..."
    "Repay me for what?" Jongdae asked sharply.
    "Everything," Baekhyun's voice became hollow and desperate as his voice started to get louder, "You always save me from the bad things, anything at all whether it's mentally or physically, and I feel like the list to repay you is getting way too long..." He half murmured the last bit and covered his face with his beautiful hands.
    "You don't need to repay me, and if you were thinking of doing such a thing, trying to kill yourself is not how to do it!" Jongdae felt so annoyed that the words just fell out of his mouth and it didn't take him long to realise that maybe he should too much of his annoyed side and should've showed more of the concerned and loving side for Baekhyun as he started to whimper and his hands that covered his face turned into fists.
    "Please don't hate me..." he started to shake, his body trembling as tears started to fall on the bed.
    "I..." Jongdae didn't know what to do, it wasn't like Baekhyun was already hurt, now he had brought him to an all time low.
    He leaned forward and pulled the male into a tight and embracing hug, whispering in comfort as he tightly wrapped his arms around him, trying to swallow back all the cruel words he'd said, but knowing that Baekhyun may have been far from repair now, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he ran his rough fingers through the softness of Baekhyun's hair and continued speaking, because he knew if he stopped he's start crying, "If I died Baekhyun, I would hate to leave you, that would be one of the worst things dying would do to me, I swear, but an even worst thing was if you died too, if I had the strength, if I wasn't unconscious, no matter what the pain I would've crawled onto my feet and I would have helped you, but I didn't, because I couldn't...I know you care about me...but please know that I care about you too Baekhyun," he gently pushed him off his chest and looked into his glassy eyes, trying to show a reassuring smile that he could hardly keep in place himself, "Don't be selfish all right?" He laughed, which slowly broke up into a chuckle and then he found himself choking slightly on his tears.


"What the heck is that!?" Chanyeol stopped in his tracks, eyes wide and alert as something appeared, but Junmyeon couldn't see it because he had decided to stop Yifan, Zitao and Sehun, blocking all sight to whatever they were awing at.
    He gave a low cough to indicate that, indeed, he was too small and couldn't see, Kyungsoo giving a small glance of appreciation for not having to point out that he was also small as Junmyeon did it for him.
    Sehun looked over his shoulder and almost immediately stepped aside, Junmyeon letting Kyungsoo go first through the small gap that had been made and followed him to be met with indeed, a strange sight.
    A floating box.
    It was black, pure black like the Exodus Box, but with no silver lining markings, just a black box.
    "What do we do?"
    "What does it mean?"
    "Is it dangerous?"
    "Should we do something?"
    "Is it a sign we're going the wrong direction?"
    "It might be a sign we're going in the right direction!"
    "Oh for god's sake!" Kyungsoo yelled over the squabbling and stamped over to the box, swiping it from midair.
    "Careful!" Junmyeon gasped out his mouth, but it was too late as Kyungsoo opened up the box, giving a questionable look before a dissatisfied one as he turned it upside down so the side he had opened was facing down, and nothing but sand came out.
    It poured out, enough just to fill the box on the floor, following it was box which was gently placed onto the small mount of sand by Kyungsoo.
    "Well that was exciting," Chanyeol murmured sarcastically, before Sehun pointed to the corner of the wall, asking, "What's that?"
    Everyone's attention turned to the corner of the old wall, seeing nothing at first, but as Junmyeon lowered his gaze he could see trails of sand reaching out from around the corner.
    Kyungsoo was first to make a move again, while the rest simply stepped over the small pile of sand and the box, just as interested.
    It was hardly more exciting than the box though, because as they turned around the corner, they were to find the ground was now covered in sand, and the light grew darker down the path.
    "This must be the way," Zitao explained, following Kyungsoo as he started to step onto the sand.
    "Careful!" Yifan hissed, but realised soon that no one was listening as they all started to walk along the sand path, and he found himself quickly following after them too.
    Only because he was worried.


"Look have you seen this?" Luhan gestured Minseok over to the bed quickly with one hand as he held his phone in the other.
    "Be careful Luhan, it could be tracked," Minseok explained as he dived onto the bed behind the younger and wrapped his arms around him to make a back hug.
    "Don't worry," he dismissed the warning quickly, "But look," he moved aside so Minseok could read the article on his phone over his shoulder.
    Flicking through the words, he caught in the rough German he knew 'missing', 'crashing and loud noises', 'no trace' and 'immediate search'.
    Minseok sighed, wow, that landlord actually said a few nice words too.
    But it wasn't good, and he had only guessed that more about Yixing, Jongin, Baekhyun and Jongdae had already been made, depending on how low their profile was when living alone.
    "Are you going to show Jongin?" Minseok asked.
    "Probably," Luhan grunted as he threw his phone over to the side of the bed.
    Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were sharing the room with Luhan, but since the two were gone Minseok decided to join him.
    He placed a gentle kiss on the males long and pale neck before hugging tightly, whispering, "I missed you."
    Minseok had to be honest, he was sort of expecting some type of reply back, like 'I missed you too' or 'I love you too', but none came, in fact Luhan was as still as a rock.
    "You're..." he gave a gulp, "You seem very close to Kyungsoo..." he said nervously, and Minseok tensed slightly and loosened his grip around Luhan's torso.
    "Well yeah," he chuckled, "But he's my friend, you're very close with Sehun, right?"
    "Yeah, but..." he paused, thinking and choosing his words carefully, "You hug him like you used to do with me, and you talk to him really quietly and you give him a lot of talks actually..." he pulled Minseok off him and turned around to face his overcoming quiet manner.
    "Please, just tell me if something's happening..." his eyes plead for the truth, his voice more so, and Minseok felt himself give in and raised his index finger.
    "One night," he rasped, "One night and that was it," he turned to be met with Luhan's shocked face and quickly started to explain, hearing the panic in his voice, "He was really upset and depressed Luhan, and you hadn't contacted me in just over a year, I was unsure if we had a stable relationship still," he took a deep breath and explained a little more collected and slowly,"He was having a lot of problems, with his family and getting a proper house and job, and his power most of all, he had trouble keeping it under control, and he came to me and he cried and then...he kissed me and it just went from there," he added quickly once he saw Luhan's disgusted face, "But it was ages ago, we decided not to have a relationship after that night I swear!"
    But Luhan said nothing, for a moment it looked like words would reveal but he shut his mouth quickly, biting gently on his lower lip and not daring to gaze back at Minseok before turning around and gently stepping off the bed, and left without another word.