Guardians

Exodus

Barcelona 17:30 Day 4

 

Zitao settled his cup down, the tea wasn’t excellent, but it was better than the other place he went to yesterday.
    Flicking through the newspaper, happy that he had learnt the language quite well and could understand things roughly, there was, however, something in the paper that caught his eyes, that in fact, shouldn’t have been in the paper at all.
    In tiny print in the bottom hand corner, it said ‘Watch out - Exodus Box’
    Watch out for what?
    By instinct, the Chinese male shot his head up, and was glad he did as he just managed to catch the cold glare from one of the waiters.
    He recognised it, the red, no one had red eyes, that shone like when you flash a light in the eyes of an animal.
    A dog, or even, a Wolf.
    Quickly he stood up, and was a little bit wary that his power had decided to act on it’s own, or maybe Zitao didn’t notice how worried he was.
    He took the opportunity, the feeling wasn’t right, and he’d only be able to hold the Time Stop for a few minutes.
    Turning around he ran for the door, not turning back, and ran quickly, deciding to run as far as he could before he tried to contact someone.

 

Arizona 17:11 Day 4

Junmyeon was tired, his feet ached, despite the fact he managed to catch some trains and buses, that just tired him out even more.
    But he had arrived, at the meeting place Chanyeol had told him to go.
    He said to follow the scratch marks on the tree’s, Junmyeon doing just that, but when the trail of scratches stopped he saw a big ‘X’ mark and was guessing this was the meeting place.
    But Chanyeol wasn’t there, and quickly Junmyeon became worried as a few minutes went by, until finally he heard some ruffling in the leaves from behind, and whipped around quickly, hoping it to be Chanyeol, but bracing himself for it to turn out to be anyone else.
    It was Chanyeol, but next to him was someone who he really didn’t want to see.


Junmyeon stayed still, but as Chanyeol greeted him, he could tell his face probably wasn’t very pleased.
    “Junmyeon,” Yifan sighed, reaching out a hand, but Junmyeon didn’t accept it.
    “Why should I shake hands with you?”
    “Because at the moment we need to work together,” Yifan explained.
    “That doesn’t mean I have to like you,” Junmyeon hissed.
    “You know, Junmyeon, you’re acting really childish,” Yifan edged closer, dwarfing the smaller and younger.
    “It’s not like you were any better,” Junmyeon didn’t back down.
    “Were, unlike you, I’ve matured now,” he spat and Junmyeon suddenly gave a firm push on his chest, despite being smaller, the other still fell back a bit.
    “Guys, stop, this isn’t going to help anyone!” Chanyeol stood between the two, but Yifan was bigger than him as well as Junmyeon and pushed him aside roughly.
    “He started it,” he hissed, Junmyeon laughing, “That’s not a very mature thing to say.”
    “Says the one who looks ten!”
    “Say that again you bastard!”
    “You look like a child, you act like a child, why are you even here? I can’t believe you’re a guardian, to think the tree of life put someone like you in charge, I should be in charge of everyone!” He yelled, standing tall as if to fully prove his words right.
    “You, hah, you could hardly keep your half of Exo under control! How on earth do you expect to look after all twelve? Because you can’t, you couldn’t even help the Exodus Box, you got everyone trapped in there when it was your responsibility to keep it safe, and then, you blamed it on Yixing!”
    “You son of a !” Yifan’s eyes lit up, the dragon inside of him was starting to roar in his words and Chanyeol could see it too, he stood up onto his feet and watched as the two started to edge closer.
    “This is stupid,” he called, but neither were listening, “We’ve got a crisis and you two are fighting over things in the past,” but again, neither even considered listening.
    “You made Yixing upset!”
    “You let Sehun get hurt!”
    “You didn’t help Luhan!”
    “You didn’t help Jongin!”
    “You hurt Minseok!”
    “By accident! You left Kyungsoo out!”
    “You yelled at Jongdae!”
    “You anchored Baekhyun down!”
    Chanyeol tried to get between them, but again, Yifan pushed him out the way and landed a punch on Junmyeon, who fell backwards and onto the forest floor.
    Oh no.
    It started to rain, lightly at first as Junmyeon wiped his bloodied nose, but then it got harder and harder until it was pouring so hard the ground felt like it was sinking and the rain hit Chanyeol’s head hard.
    “Is this just to cover up your tears? You always cry!” Yifan yelled over the pouring rain.
    “At least I cried over what mattered! You didn’t even shed a tear when Luhan and Jongin were exhausted, or when you made Yixing upset, or when Sehun and Minseok got hurt, you’re an emotionless freak!”
    Then it happened, there was a burst of flame, even under the rain, and then an image made out flames and light, a large bright silhouette ,of a dragon appeared that flew above Yifan, his face full of rage.
    “You make me sick!”
    “You disgust me!”
    “SHUT UP!” Chanyeol couldn’t help it any more and released a large roar over the thundering rain, and finally the two noticed him.
    He could feel the burning inside of him, closing his eyes before re-opening them, realising that the Phoenix had appeared, facing Yifan’s, snarling dragon.
“You have no right to come into this!” Yifan yelled.
“I do, Yifan! That’s my guardian you’re talking to, my friend,” Junmyeon looked proud for a moment, a smug look, before Chanyeol continued, “And I’m about as fed up with his attitude as you are, but you’re not helping the situation, after this is all over, you can split, just act like grown-ups for once, especially in front of the others,” Chanyeol explained, and it seemed, that it might’ve just worked, as Junmyeon let out a small sigh and the rain started to calm down.


But then Chanyeol realised that wasn’t such a good idea.
    “No, Junmyeon, WAIT!”
    But the rain had already stopped, which was in fact, the only thing from keeping Chanyeol’s flaming spirit setting the forest on fire.
    Quickly the wings of the Phoenix started to flick off onto the branches, which were soaking damp, but without the rain pouring from the sky, nothing could stop the flames.
    They started spreading from tree to tree easily, and the sound of wood burning and crackling started to replace the sound of the pouring rain.