Tension

A Collection of Kyumin One Shots

            It would have been better if I hadn’t fallen for him.  It would have been better if he never warmed up to me.  If he had never been the first one to openly welcome me into the dorm.  If he had never looked into my eyes that night and smiled.  If he never opened his arms when I cried.  If he never visited me every day while I was in the hospital.  If he never smiled whenever he looked at me.  If he never looked innocent every time I managed to trick him every Friday.  If he never screamed like a little girl during scary movies and clung to me like there was no tomorrow.  If he never treated me differently.  If he never held my hands whenever I felt nervous.

            If he had never told me that he loved me.

            Because here we were standing face to face and I felt like the earth would crumble beneath me at any moment and eat me alive.  Though, that wouldn’t be such a bad idea.  However, the fact of the matter is, I needed to face my fear.  But to do that, I needed to find the right words.  And I am bad with words.

            I frowned at myself and looked at him seriously.  “Lee Sungmin,” I said, watching him tense up at the tone of my voice.

            “C-Cho K-Kyuhyun,” he stuttered, rubbing the palms of his hands together.

            I continued to watch him squirm uncomfortably, waiting for me to say something.  But, I couldn’t think of anything to say.  In all honesty, I was blanking.  It’s stupid, I know, to not come prepared to these things.  But Ryewook said that it would be better if I broke the news to him if I said it from the heart.  The problem is, my heart isn’t speaking right now.  Like, seriously, how are you supposed to make your heart speak?

            Sweat started to break from the back of my neck.  Without breaking eye contact, I quickly wiped it away and continued to look him in the eye.  I felt the tension slowly build.  As much as I wanted to comfort him, there was nothing coming out of my mouth.  Oh god, how bad could this possible be?  Or better yet, can this get any worse?  “Sungmin,” I said again, trying to find a way to start this off.

            “Yes,” he asked, not stuttering this time.  He sounded calmer, though the fear in his didn’t disappear.

            I groaned internally as I watched his eyes continually shake.  How stupid could I be to get advice from Ryeowook?  He has no sort of experience in breaking such news.  Why did I ask him in the first place?  I should have gone to Shindong.  But it’s too late.  If I don’t tell him now, everything will be ruined and nothing will go according to plan and he’ll probably slap me when he finds out later.

            Breathe Kyuhyun.

            Shisus, please help me, oh lord of wisdom and Hyukjae, oh lord of charm and words.  Please guide me while I stumble my way through this. 

            I continually prayed on the inside whilst keeping my face blank as I stared into Sungmin’s nervous eyes.  “Kyuhyun, please, just tell me,” he whispered, his eyes starting to water as he gripped either side of my arms.  “Whatever it is, I promise that it’ll be okay.  But you have to tell me what’s wrong.”

            Oh god, I’m making him cry even before I do anything.  It wasn’t supposed to turn out this way.  I collapsed onto my knees and kept my gaze down as I gripped onto his arms.  I could feel his gaze boring through my head.  “Lee Sungmin,” I started again.

            “Y-Yes,” he whispered, gripping tightly onto my hands.  He was scared and I could feel it.  Heck, I was freaking out on the inside.

            I looked up and stared into his eyes.

            This was it.

            Silence.  My heart is about to speak.

            And dear shisus, it was as stupid as I was.

            “Will you marry me?”

            The side of my face stung as his hand met my cheek before being comforted by butterfly kisses.  I knew it.

^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: Wait, what?  Is this a double update I see?  Haha, it is ^^

I hope you liked this and I really hope I got you at the end.  Sorry it’s short, but it’s meant to be.  Kyuhyun can’t keep Sungmin waiting forever.