Prologue

The Day I Met You

    

 

     A tall girl walked through a mall, long legs carrying her gracefully. The other people in the mall looked at her warily and made rom for her as she walked by. Her dark brown eyes were piercing and they gave off the look of danger that made others want to avoid her at all costs. She was pretty to say the least, with long, silky brown hair, large, dark brown eyes, and a killer body, which made her all the more intimidating. A complete ice princess.

     Suddenly, she felt a force hit her and she stumbled back a few steps, managing to catch her balance quickly. Her attacker, however, was not so lucky, and with a squeak of pain and a thump, Hyejeong looked down. What she saw was a pretty girl in an oversized black sweater, along with skinny jeans, and converse hi tops. The girl had long, dark brown hair and slightly tanned skin. She had a thin body and her eyes were squeezed shut, obviously from the pain of the impact, then she opened them. The girl's eyes widened and she scrambled up, wincing.

     "I'm so sorry," she stammered, cute puppy like eyes looking up pleadingly at Hyejeong. Hyejeong noticed that the girl, although being slender, was not that much shorter than she was, which surprised her. Even after the apology, Hyejeong stared at the girl coldly.The smaller girl felt lost as to what to do, seeing that the other had no reaction to her apology. "I - um," she looked away from the taller girl, feeling rather uncomfortable, and happened to see the dropped bags of who she assumed was the intimidating stranger's. She quickly bent down and retrieved them, holding them out to the taller girl. "These are yours...right?" she asked.

      Hyejeong couldn't deny the fact that the girl was actually managing to make her like her so she took the bags from the waiting girl and watched her, wanting to see what she would do next. "My name is Kim Seolhyun, and I'm really sorry about bumping into you. I was in a hurry and -," she froze, "Oh no! I'm sorry I - I have to go. I'm really sorry!" she called back as she ran away.

     Hyejeong stood in the middle of the mall in confusion as to what had just happened. Did the girl, what was her name, Kim Seolhyun? Just ditch her? She shook her head and resumed her walk through the mall to meet up with her friend. She pushed the thought of the intriguing girl away from her mind. It wasn't as if she was going to meet the girl again anyway, right?

     Oh how wrong she was.