Chapter 7

A Little Something Different

 

Monday, 19:10PM
 
 
Tiffany leaned her head on my shoulder while she linked her arms into mine. We both sat at the back of the car while Jessica drive us home.
"I'm tired Taeng",
 
"Hmm",
I only hummed as i was checking out my phone.
"You two can stop acting like lesbians now, okay? I know the truth."
Said Jessica as she drove and Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows
"We're not acting like lesbians, we're acting like bestfriends."
 
Jessica snorted.
"Please, i was worried you were gonna ask me to crawl back there and join you for a "
 
"Ew Jess!"
I finally said some words yet earning nothing but a chuckle from my step sister.
"You wish. Oh, i guess we've arrived already"
Stated Tiffany as she loosened her hands away from my arm. I couldn't help but felt dissapointed. We got outside of Jessica's car and walked towards the front door.
"You guys want some pizza? I'm hungry"
Asked Jessica as she unlocked the door while me and Tiffany stood still behind her. Oh and for your information, yes me and Jess are live in the same roof since her dad and my mom will be getting married soon.
"That would be good"
I said as i wanted to came in as well but a sudden grab from Tiffany caught my attention. She grabbed my left wrist with a guilty look around her face, i turned around and both of her cheeks.
"What's with the frowning face?"
She held my hands as she stared into my eyes.
 
 
"I have something to tell you"
I nodded my head a few times
 
 
"Sure what is it?"
She let out a sighed
 
 
"Can we stop...faking it?"
I raised both of my eyebrows. What happened?
"Why? I thought being popular is all you ever wanted Tiff"
 
 
She shook her head as she loosened my hands away from her cheeks.
"I guess it's not the things i want for now, everything is different from my expectation but...is it okay with you?"
She was avoiding my eyes and i knew Tiffany was definitely lying if she did that, yet inside me knew what was the actual reason she wanted us to stop faking. At least i was bearing to told myself she was telling the truth. I let out a sighed and showed my smile.
"Of course i'm okay, just tell those people at school that we're breaking up in a good term so we can still be friends and act like this was never happened"
She smiled as well and nodded.
"I'm so sorry for being such a burden for this few weeks, i never meant to"
 
 
"It's fine, that's what bestfriends are for, anyway want to stay over for tonight? Mom is not here she's probably at my soon to be dad house"
I changed topic right away but she shooked her head and smiled. Telling me that she had to be home as soon as possible. We gave eachother a hug and goodbyes before i finally came inside my home and locked it.
I walked to the kitchen lazily and drink some milk as my mind was rushing with too much thoughts.
"Why did you lie to me, Tiff?"
 
 

 
Monday, 20:01PM
 
 
Why did i lie to her? I mentally facepalmed myself for realizing how stupid i was. Why is it so hard to tell Taeyeon that I possibly will date him, my big crush at school ever since we enrolled high school instead of lying and gave her lame excuses? God what happened to me. I sighed as I walked across my neighbors until i saw a guy with a black shirt leaning his back on a muscle car waiting in front of my house. Isn't that Nichkhun?
"H-Hey"
I greeted as i walked approaching the latter earning nothing but a wave and a sweet smile of him that could make every girls' heart pumping.
"Hey, where have you been? I texted you"
 
 
I put out my phone inside my pocket
"Ah sorry I turned it off all day"
He nodded
"What's wrong? You have something to tell me?"
He scratched his neck awkwardly, as my heart started to pumping irregulary.
"Just checking, are you sure you and Taeyeon are broken up?"
For your information, yes he didn't know that we were not actually dating.
"What are you talking about?"
 
 
"Well i saw the two of you dancing before, you sure looked like a couple"
I raised my eyebrows, did we?
"We're done, so yeah"
He then let out a sighed and smiled a bit
"I just don't wanna be like those sad women on Dr.Phil who date married men that promises to leave their wives, but they never do."
 
 
I smiled. Now why there's something inside me telling that I shouldn't have accepted him to soon? Why there's something inside that blocked my feelings away from him? I shruged it off immedietly.
"I know Nick, but i guess we shouldn't have doing this for soon, i mean i have just broken up. We should do all of this like we used to first"
He nodded a bit and smiled as well.
"Sure, until when?"
 
 
Sure, go eat with your lover boy Tiff
 
 
What the hell? Now the words that Taeyeon said today was running into my mind earlier. I shooked my head a few times earning nothing but furrowed eyebrows from Nichkhun.
 
 
"A-Ah until i'm ready to start another relationship, perhaps?"
He let out a sighed but keep his cool, he then pat my head
"Okay, tell me if you're ready"
We bidded goodbyes as he got inside his car and drove away, leaving me alone in front of my house.
I sighed. 
 
 
Now why i did push and pull towards Nichkhun when i could just accepted him like i always wanted to?