Chapter 1

A Little Something Different

Comments, subs, and votes wil do!:)


 

Monday, 6:54AM
 
 
Monday, another day for school. Yep, it's been a week since i started my highschool life with no one other than my bestfriend for life, Tiffany Hwang.
 
 
*RINGS*
 
 
And yes, there she was calling me that early to made me got up from my deep slumber. She's annoying at times, she's always telling me what to do and choose what best and what isn't the best for me. And she's also one of those reasons I couldn't get myself a freaking boyfriend! Yes i'm a 17 year old girl who never experienced any kind of love because of my clingy bestfriend, but what can i do? I need her as much as she needs me.
 
 
*RINGS*
 
 
"Ugh, i'm awake Tiff..."
I groaned as i pick up my phone still laying lazily on my bed, with my eyes closed.
 
 
"I know i just want to make sure"
She sounded annoyed, maybe since i took times to pick her call. I giggled.
 
 
"I'll go take a shower now"
 
 
"Okay, don't forget to pick me up!"
Told her as she hung up as soon as possible. I shruged my shoulders and made my feet to the bathroom zombie-like. I brushed my teeth, i washed my face, changing myself into clothes and picked my school's bag for only fifteen minutes. I wore my red-black checkered shirt, skinny jeans as i opened the door and ran downstairs, making my way to the kitchen, i found my mom and my step-sister......Jessica.
 
 
"Morning mom!"
I greeted my mom while i grabbed my car's key and some toasts on the table.
"Morning dear"
 
 
"And hey....Jess"
I greeted her trying to acted friendly yet she only answered me with rolling eyes.
"Oh hey, Taeyeon"
 
 
"I gotta go now, i'm going to pick Tiffany first"
I said before i gave my mom a peck on the cheek.
 
 
"Then bring Jessica with you, since you girls will be sisters soon right?"
Asked my mom suddenly as I scratched my neck in annoyance. Ugh here goes mom and sisters' bonding.
 
 
"Ah-"
 
 
"No thanks, i'll take the school bus"
Snapped Jessica as i gave her the weird look but mentally let out a long sighed. Yeah, me and Jessica is or will never be on a good term with each other. She thinks im annoying, well so is she. I guess it make us equal, right? No strings attached, no bonding. Only step-sisters because of our parents will be getting married soon.
 
 
Fortunately, i walked towards the front door and got inside my car yet it only took ten minutes to finally arrived in front of Tiffany's home, it was a relieved there was no traffic-jam. I putted out my phone inside my pocket and texted her to get out, i kept busy with my phone until the sound of door being opened caught my attention, i turned my head and....
"Wait! What the hell are you wearing this time Tiffany Hwang?!"
I looked up and down, she wore a pink dress, a white-gold bag, pink flat shoes and last but not least rounded glasses. I blinked my eyes a few times, she snorted.
 
"It's called being different, Taeng"
 
 
"More like getting my eyes blinded in a second"
I commented as i start the engine and drive, she rolled her eyes and replied.
"I told you i want to get popular for these three years of high school! I've never get any chances since we've been busy studying our asses off back in middle school so for now some people told me the chances of getting yourself being popular is be different. So now here iam!"
She stated proudly with her usual eyesmiles, I facepalmed myself.
"That's now how to be different, Tiff..."
 
 
"This is my first time doing this, i know it will work trust me"
She winked at me as i let out a sighed, we've finally arrived at the parking lot it only took ten minutes because Tiffany's house is really close to our school. Both of us got out from my car and made our way straight to the school. And yes, her way to be popular or different was successfully failed, nobody even catched their eyes to the pink girl. she linked her arms to mine in desperation.
"I told you Hwang, it wouldn't work"
I said as we still walked ahead straight to the school.
 
 
"You're not helping me"
 
 
"What?"
 
 
"Ugh, I don't know like cheer me up? I even spent a lot of times curling my hair and now it such a waste"
She pouted while i chuckled a bit then i ruffled her hair, making it more messy than ever.
"YAH!!"
She pulled her arms away from mine looking annoyed.
 
 
"What? You told me to cheer you up"
 
 
"Not that way"
 
 
"At least you're not frowning anymore"
She later pouted and linked her arms back again, i laughed.
"You're so easy to get-"
 
 
"Hey you two!!"
The sound of someone calling made us stopped from tracking and turned our head around, it was indeed...Key and Nichkhun approaching us. Tiffany let go of my arms and looked nervous than before. Well who wouldn't get nervous if two of the most popular guys in our school were looking for you, right?
"Yeah what's up?"
I asked calmly as Tiffany stood silently beside me, i could look in Nichkhun's eyes that he was checking out my bestfriend. 
"Would you like to come to my party? I'll make one tonight because there will be a homecoming kings and queens soon, you know socializing with a lot of people from our school and get to know each other first it's a better way to choose for the candidates and since you both are a couple too maybe I'd also consider you two as the candidate....it will be fun, right?"
Asked Key, i choked on his last words. 
 
 
"What?! Of course-"
 
 
"Yes! Of course yes!"
Snapped Tiffany while i gave her oh-no-you-didn't-look. I looked back to the guys in front of us, they smiled happily I couldn't help but sighed. She then linked her arms to mine and gave them a reassuring eyesmiles.
"We would love to come! See you guys tonight!"
She made me turned around and now  we were walked ourselves back to school.
I could hear them saying bye but I couldn't careless. First, we're not a couple. And second, they mistook us as lesbians?! 
"Oh what a great way to start a normal happy high school life, Tiff"
I said sarcastically as i rolled my eyes.
 
 
"This is a good chance to be popular Taeyeon! Look we've got an invitation from two most popular guys at school, so why don't we take a shot?"
She said still linking my arms, i sighed again.
"But we're not even a couple!"
 
 
"Then we're just faking it"
 
 
"F-Faking it?"
I turned my head looking at her in confused. We stopped our feet once again.
"Yeah, pretending to be a couple? We're bestfriends silly just do it like we always do, but with a bit more skinship. That's all"
 
 
"And what do i get from all of this 'pretending' Hwang?"
She drawn another eyesmiles before she finally answered.
"Dinner! My treat"
 
 
"Are you kidding me...."
 
 
"Aw Taeyeon please help me for this time, you know how badly i want this"
Here she goes, giving me her yuck agyeos that making me goosebumps. I rolled my eyes and sighed.
"Please.....Taeng...please?"
 
 
"Stop it, i'll do it okay?"
 
 
"Yeay! Thanks!"
She continued linked my arms as we actually arrived in front of the school's lobby, I mentally facepalm myself.
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh man....this is better be good."