Reaching Out To You

Reaching Out To You

Chapter 6

 

Three weeks had passed by along with the exams. The campus had regained its usual bustling activities once again. Students were cheering for the end of the paper and already discussing about where to go for celebration. The weeks of hard work they had gone through had already vanished into thin air. All they had in mind now was to celebrate, to enjoy.

 

Except for one place.

 

Until the appearance of a particular female.

 

Jaejoong turned around and was surprised to see Sooyoung, "I never knew you will come to a place like this." Jaejoong comment.

 

"Neither did I." Sooyoung said, walking towards him, "Since when did you have the habit of staying at the rooftop?" Sooyoung added, not receving any responses in returned.

 

"Why are you here? By coincidence or?"

 

"I ask Jeongsu Oppa where you can be because there is something I want to discuss with you." Sooyoung answered honestly.

 

"I thought that all had to be said had been said months ago?" Jaejoong said, his tone polite, yet cold.

 

"I have been keeping track of the rumors." Sooyoung said.

 

"Oh? I thought it would have lost its appeal after so long."

 

"To confirm my suspicion and to find out if the rumors was true or not."

 

"Oh?" Jaejoong said disinterestedly, "What suspicion do you have?"

 

"The reason for the sudden change in you." Sooyoung revealed.

 

"Isn't the rumor proven true by Jeongsu and my declaration? Not enough to convince you?" Jaejoong asked casually.

 

"That's to other people but not to me. I have dated you for a month and it's not for nothing." Sooyoung said softly, because this was the first time she was serious. She wanted to understand him, to know what he was thinking. She wanted to know everything about him. However, no matter how much she tried, there was still this invisible distance that she could never cross through. It was as if it was meant, specially reserved for a certain someone and that someone was definitely not her. It was waiting for the right person, the person that had been living inside of him.

 

"Kwon Yuri, right?" Sooyoung said, making Jaejoong stiffened considerably but quickly regained his coolness.

 

Just three simple words and she managed to get a reaction from Jaejoong just because a particular name was mentioned while before that, she talked so much and there wasn't a sign of concern from him. Despite it lasted for a short moment, Sooyoung still caught it. She expected it but why does she still feel hurt? Maybe somewhere, she wished it wasn't true. She wanted to laugh at herself for her own foolishness. Who would ever think that the famous, beautiful Choi Sooyoung would actually end up in such a state? Especially for a guy.

 

"I'm right then." Sooyoung said bitterly.

 

Finally, Jaejoong shifted away from the sight of the cities to faced her, "Don't you dare to do anything to her!" Jaejoong warned dangerously.

 

"So, your declaration is a shield to protect her from harm, huh? Because if the whole school knows the reason for your change is because of a woman and especially if your fanclub know it was Yuri..."

 

"Shut up!" Jaejoong said, his tone dropping another five degree celsius lower, "I'm warning you. If you dare do anything, I swear your days in here will be like hell." Jaejoong added, speaking it slowly and clearly to make sure that she heard every single syllable that he said.

 

Shuddering, Sooyoung took a few steps back, looking at him fearfully. This was the first time she had ever seen him so fierce, so cold and dangerous, "I don...don't have such intention at all." Sooyoung stuttered, trying to calm down the sudden rapid increase of her heartbeat.

 

"What's your motive for coming here to find me then?" Jaejoong questioned icily, "If you think of threatening me to come back to you just because you got ahold of that information, you are wrong. I don't succumb to blackmails." This time, Sooyoung was offended, "I won't!" She bellowed, "I do have my own pride and dignity. I may love you but I won't allow myself to stoop so low just because of you. I'm Choi Sooyoung. If you don't want me, it's your loss, not mine. There are plenty of guys out there who still wants me. I won't be so dumb as to throw myself at you again, when you have rejected me once before." Sooyoung defended vehemently.

 

"Good for you then." Jaejoong said nonchalantly.

 

Surprisingly, she wasn't afraid of him anymore and from the look of it, Jaejoong seemed to have calm down, too. That dangerous aura around him wasn't as bad as before.

 

"Why her?" Sooyoung whispered sorrowfully, "She doesn't love you as much as I do. Which part of me is inferior to her? Why her and not me?"

 

"Why?" Jaejoong mocked. What a good question. He also wanted to know why also.

 

"Love is unconditional. It has no reason. If it does then love wouldn't be so precious and rare already." Jaejoong replied, and then returned his gaze to the sight of the city. They looked so small from here, looked so insignificant. Why does Yuri love to stay here so much? Whenever he came here, he would ask himself that question.

 

At that moment, Sooyoung wished she was Yuri.

 

"How do you know it's her?" Jaejoong asked curiously, after some minutes of silence.

 

"Sixth sense. When we were dating, I can sense that you aren't focused, not concentrating. Your mind seemed to always be drifting off somewhere and I can feel that there is someone between us. Your lack of concern is also another factor. You might be showering me with gifts and everything but I know you aren't sincere. After all, with my years of experiences, I can differentiate whether a guy is interested in me is because they have a particular motive or if they are really sincere or they are just using me as a substitute and I never thought that the last option would actually happen to me." Sooyoung said, laughing scornfully to herself.

 

"She has always been in your heart, right? Even with all those women before me?"

 

"I guess so."

 

"I'm really jealous and envy of her." Sooyoung said truthfully.

 

Turning around to face Sooyoung and for the first time, Jaejoong gave her a real smile, "I wish you will find your right guy, too. I believe you will."

 

"Contrary to most people's opinion, it's harder for a popular, beautiful woman like me to find a guy who will treat me sincerely and love me with all their heart because you will never know if they really do love you is because of who you are or because of your looks and mostly, look at those guys around me? Why do you think they want me? You think it's because they love me? Then the other girls would be jealous and start calling you names like bimbos before you can even prove your worth. No matter how hard you try, it is futile because you have already been labeled bimbo. Even the guys also think that way. Choi Sooyoung, a beautiful babe with no brain, someone who isn't suitable to be a wife." How ironic, isn't it? Many women out there envy her, wishing they would be like her, having her looks and popularity while she, herself, wished she didn't have it in the first place. She wanted to be like them, like Yuri.

 

Guess that was why she fell for Jaejoong. He was different, right from the start. That was why she wanted to know him, to get him as her boyfriend and not because of fame or popularity but because she just wanted someone to love her truly, dearly.

 

However, what attracted her to him in the first place was also the one that causes her to be in pain. She knew it yet she still went for it because she believed in herself. She believed that as long as she worked hard, she would get it. There is nothing in the world that she couldn't get, guess that was due to the type of environment she grew up in. Once again, it was him, Kim Jaejoong, that had proven her wrong.

 

What should belong to you, belong to you and what shouldn't belong to you, no matter how hard you try, how much you fight for it, it would still not be yours.

 

Yuri would always stay in his heart and forever will.

 

Maybe there really was a thing call fate, huh?

 

Looking up at the sky, Sooyoung wished she was like those birds up there, flying freely. Somehow, she could understand why Jaejoong stayed here or maybe not, "Yuri loves this place?"

 

He stiffened for another second before joking, "Sooyoung, you amazed me. You know, sometimes it isn't too good to be too sharp. Seems like I have to change my opinion on you." Chuckling, he added, "Guess we are similar in a way, aren't we?"

 

Getting it, Sooyoung laughed, "Yeah, I guess so. Okay, time to go. I have a party later on so I have to go prepare myself." Sooyoung said, grinning "And wish you luck."

 

"Thanks. Hope I will succeed." Jaejoong said, smiling gratefully.

 

"Where's the confident Kim Jaejoong that I know of? Sounds so unlike you." Sooyoung said, chuckling.

 

"I wish you luck too, in finding the right guy. Sooyoung, there are still many years ahead of you and I believe when we graduate, out into the society, we will meet more people and one day, you might find your right guy." Jaejoong said, smiling helplessly.

 

"Wish me luck then. Remember to pray for me." Sooyoung said, winking.

 

"I will."

 

As she was ready to leave, she suddenly requested, "Can I ask a favor from you?"

 

Thinking for a moment, he nodded.

 

"A last kiss? A goodbye kiss to our relationship and so I can let you go. Seriously this time." Sooyoung asked earnestly.

 

Hesitating for a while, Jaejoong started bending down and pecked her on the cheeks. Then Sooyoung closed her eyes and gave him a kiss on the lips filled with the love she still had for him, "Goodbye Jaejoong Oppa, my first love." She whispered silently to herself. Jaejoong froze, totally unexpected. Noticing his reaction, Sooyoung laughed amusedly. It was fun to see him like this.

 

Just then, the door opened and there stood a shocked Yuri.

 

"Oops, I'm sorry." Yuri apologized profusely, and quickly left, totally embarrassed, leaving Jaejoong and Sooyoung dumbfounded. Then Sooyoung burst out laughing, chortling happily.

 

"You still have the nerve to laugh?" Jaejoong asked, glaring at her, exasperated.

 

"Don't worry." Sooyoung said, patting his back, comforting him, "This is a good test to find out if she has anything for you, right? If she is affected, means you have hope. If she's not." Sooyoung added, but stop, making Jaejoong raised his thick eyebrow.

 

"More good luck to you. I will pray for you, don't worry." Sooyoung continued pleasingly.

 

"Friends, right?" Sooyoung asked, extending her hands out for a friendly handshake.

 

"Friends." Jaejoong said, as they shook hands and an unbreakable bond was being formed between them. A bond to mark the beginning of a new friendship.

 

One last hug, Sooyoung walked away from him, erasing him out of her heart. That special place in her heart was empty once again, waiting for a suitable guy, a guy that she deserved to be with.