Reaching Out To You

Reaching Out To You

Chapter 11

 

In a flash, the last week of their vacation ended. The fun time had ended and it was time for the beginning of another new semester. Students gushed into the campus, went over and joined their group of friends, laughing merrily, talking about any changes in them if any and about their vacation. Once again, the school was bustling with activities.

 

As Jaejoong was walking towards the school, Jeongsu appeared from behind, slinging his arms around Jaejoong's shoulder in a casual manner and first thing in the morning, “Jae, buddy. Where's that girlfriend of yours? First day of school and already you two are coming separately. It doesn’t look good.”

 

“Shut up! And for the eight millionth times, Yul isn't my girlfriend.” Jaejoong said in annoyance, stressing the word 'isn't'.

 

“But you want her to be yours.” Jeongsu said, winking, stressing the word 'want'.

 

“And I know you treat her as one.” Jeongsu added pointedly. Jaejoong chose to ignore him and continued walking. Expectedly, Jeongsu chased after him, trying to keep up with his pace, “Hey. Wait for me.” Jaejoong didn't answer, “Don't purposely ignored me.” It wasn’t until they entered the lecture theatre for their coming lessons that Jeongsu had a chance to talk to him properly, “If she isn't your girlfriend yet but you want her to be yours, just do it, make her yours. You are Kim Jaejoong; which woman can't you get? Where’s that excessive self-confidence of yours?" “Excessive?” Jaejoong asked, lifting one of his thick eyebrows.

 

“Yes, till the point of arrogant.”

 

Jaejoong snorted, “As if you aren't.”

 

“I never deny it but I have always believed that I'm at least less arrogant than you.” Jeongsu said, grinning cheekily, “I'm sorry that your belief is wrong then. You aren't any better.”

 

Suddenly, a female's voice popped up from behind, voicing her own opinion too, "Exactly. At least, Jae Oppa knows he's one and acknowledged it. Unlike someone, self-deluding himself that he's less arrogant than Jae Oppa. How thick-skinned can a person get. You totally amazed me."

 

Jeongsu turned around, not surprised at all to see Tiffany standing there. Both of them glared at each other, silently cursing each other, having a battle only he and she could participate.

 

Tiffany Hwang Miyoung. The first woman that he hates and showed it out openly. She is his curses, he swore. If not, why did when they first met, an enmity had already developed between them? “My, my, my, I should have known better that when such evil words comes out from a lady's mouth, that person could be none other than you.” He remarked sarcastically.

 

Jaejoong kept quiet, silently watching the battle between them as Jeongsu's attention was directed away from him and to Tiffany.

 

Tiffany rebuked back, not admitting defeat. She could loses to anyone except this right in front of her! “First thing in the morning and here I am, hearing such disgusting words. I should have known better that no one has the ability to talk like that other than you.”

 

“Thanks for the compliment.” Jeongsu said civilly.

 

Tiffany pretended to sigh, looking at him in pity, “Oh well, in this world, many things are out of our control and human intelligence is one of them. I can't blame you if you can't tell the difference between compliment and criticism but I will be a gracious lady and forgive you.”

 

Jeongsu was rendered speechless. As if not enough, Tiffany mumbled sulkily as she walked towards the seat far away from him, “First thing in the morning, on the first day of a new semester, at the first lesson, I have to see you and hear such unhealthy conversation. What an ominous sign.”

 

Jeongsu wanted to fight back but she was already at the other side of the theatre, taking out her notes; thus, he could only sit in his seat forcefully, suffering the agony of having no place to vent out his anger.

 

Just then, Yuri entered the classroom with her earphones in her ear and immediately sensed something was amiss. Walking over to Tiffany, she asked in concern, “What happened? Why do you look so grumpy today?" “Don't talk about it.” Tiffany said disinterestedly, “Spoiling my mood.”

 

Naturally, Yuri looked over to the other far end and saw a guy there with the exact same expression that Tiffany had and she got her answer and smiled, shaking her head helplessly. She, herself, also didn't understand why Tiffany and Jeongsu couldn't get along. It all happened when Jaejoong and her became friends and the both of them suggested bringing their best friends along too, to celebrate the good news and strengthened the bond between them. Fortunately, the venue was at Jaejoong's house. If not, it would be one of the most embarrassing moments she had ever experienced. However, she got along fine with Jeongsu and Jaejoong got along fine with Tiffany. She asked Tiffany once and she said they might be destined enemies in their previous lives. No matter how she looked at it, it was unusual because Tiffany got along with almost everyone and even if she didn't like the person, she wouldn't show it out and tried to be polite as basic courtesy.

 

However, Yuri wasn't the only one. On the other side of the lecture hall, Jaejoong was studying Jeongsu interestedly, extremely in fact, like he was a newly discovered object.

 

“What's with that stare? Say whatever you want to say before I hit that face of yours you are so proud of.” Jeongsu said in irritation. Clearly, he wasn't in a very good mood, especially after that quarrel with Tiffany. Not to mention, he was at a losing end.

 

“Leeteuk, I have never seen you hate a girl like you hate Fany before.” Jaejoong commented, not stopping his study of his buddy.

 

Jeongsu rolled his eyes, “I have always hate girls. You know it.”

 

A secret that was unknown to everyone except Jaejoong. An unbelievable fact. Jeongsu Park, the other prince charming acknowledged by the women of their school campus. One who also had his own share of fan clubs, just like Jaejoong. His attractiveness to the girls wasn't any lower than Jaejoong but surprisingly, he was anti-girls. That was why his girlfriends were always outside of their university grounds, universities far, far away from theirs, just so this secret of his would always remain as one. He dated girls only to prove his reasoning, to see if there was anyone special or one that was different from his knowledge of them. He was never sincere in any of the relationships he had had but just once in a while, he went out with them when he felt like it. He wouldn't compromise, wouldn't give in or pamper them at all. It was a 'take it or leave it' policy. Despite his contempt for them, he had never once showed it. He treated them in a polite, yet reserved manner. No girls had ever managed to trigger his anger or made him show his emotions towards them so openly.

 

Except Tiffany.

 

“Yes, but you have never shown it out. Why Fany?”

 

Jeongsu was dumbfounded by Jaejoong's question. True. Why Tiffany? Why her? What’s so special about her? Why is she an exception? She could easily make him angry with just a snap of her long fingers. Usually, even if he was angry, all he did was treat them colder than before but why not for her? How could he actually get angry over a comment made by her? He shouldn't be bothered by it, shouldn't he?

 

'Women are troublemakers, especially this one.' Jeongsu concluded.

 

Unknown to him, Jaejoong took in his reactions and grinned when he saw Jeongsu was confused and quite troubled by his question. Now, it wasn't one-sided anymore. It was payback time. The day would come sooner or later, Jaejoong knew it.

 

He had a feeling. Just be patient and then he would get his revenge for all the teasing Jeongsu had done to him. Just wait and see. A sly glint flashed into his eyes but Jeongsu was too deep in his own thoughts to notice it.

 

At the rooftop stood a woman, staring at the view of the city. She had the figure and the height of any professional model and from the way she dressed, it showed that she had a fine tastes.

 

Minutes later, the door opened. Sooyoung twirled around and smiled at the two guys that joined her, “Hi Jae Oppa, Jeongsu Oppa.” She greeted amiably.

 

Jeongsu's impression of Sooyoung changed after Jaejoong told him the side of Sooyoung he didn't know of and it was proven after they had a long, deep talk here. He was impressed by her wisdom, knowing what people think of her and yet, didn't argue over it or point it out. She just remained the way she was, letting people think what they liked but she had strong confidence in herself, believing that one day, people would acknowledge her intelligence, too. She had her own goals in life which wasn't deterred by any circumstances. He guessed Sooyoung was the first female that he acknowledged but sadly, he had no special feelings towards her so they remained as close friends, “You seem very cheerful today. Did something good happen during the vacation?” Jeongsu asked.

 

The glow in her round face turned brighter and she smiled with a slight bashfulness. This caught Jaejoong and Jeongsu's interests and the both of them surrounded her, not allowing her to escape their confrontation.

 

“So, tell me what happened?”

 

“You can’t hide anything from us, if not, we aren't friends anymore.”

 

“What?!” Sooyoung exclaimed, shocked “How could you?!”

 

“We could.” They chorused together, grinning broadly.

 

Surprisingly, the famous Choi Sooyoung, after so many years of popularity and the centre of envy of the girls in almost every school she went, had no true friends. They were the first two real friends she made.

 

With a sigh, Sooyoung mumbled, “I wonder if it's my fortune or my misfortune to have the both of you as my friends.”

 

“We heard it.”

 

“Well, I work in this café to gain some experiences and opened my eyes to the real world, wanting to see different types of people and how to deal with them. Some social skills you have to know in order to survived better in the society.” Sooyoung wanted to be a reporter which was why she took mass communication and as a reporter, she would meet all kinds of people in the future and to get news, some social skills and tactics were necessities.

 

“We want just the essential, important information.”

 

“Can’t you all be patient?” Sooyoung asked, glaring at them, “Then I meet this guy. A real nice one. There's something about him that attracts me.” She heard some low whistles but Sooyoung chose to ignore it and continued, “He's different. Surprisingly, he didn't judge me by my looks.”

 

Jaejoong and Jeongsu roses their eyebrows, seeing the dreamy look on her face as she described how great the guy was, what she served him and the little chit chat they had. She had told them everything except that person’s name.

 

“What’s his name?” Jaejoong finally asked.

 

Sooyoung suddenly shut up and seemed frozen for a moment, “Hello. Earth to Soo.” Jeongsu said, waving his hands in front of her, “Are you there?”

 

“Uh...I never asked.” She murmured sheepishly, blushing a deep red.

 

“What?!”

 

Covering her ears, Sooyoung said, “Don’t get so loud. I’m not deaf.”

 

“You don’t know his name after getting to know him for like three weeks?!” Jeongsu exclaimed.

 

“Well, its not like we talked a lot and we didn’t meet each other daily. He has his life and I have mine. I’m a waitress there. I’m paid to work. I had to serve people; it’s not like I served only him.” Sooyoung said, defending herself, “From the way you speak of him, it doesn’t seem like one.” Jaejoong joked.

 

“Shut up!”

 

Yuri was walking up the stairs to her usual favorite place, her rooftop. Yes, hers, acknowledged by none other than she, herself, Kwon Yuri. As she was walking closer to the door that separated her rooftop and her, she could hear voices and laughter flowing out from the other side. Wrinkling her brows in displeasure, Yuri wondered who were the people who invaded her favorite place. Ever since Jaejoong came here, her rooftop was like not hers alone anymore. This was the fourth time it had happened. Either it was occupied by some other people or someone else joined in. Where had her personal space gone to? The voices sounded awfully familiar to her though. Opening the door slowly, Yuri saw Jaejoong and Sooyoung there, talking and laughing together.

 

Instantly, embarrassment surged over her, “I'm so sorry.” Yuri apologized nervously. Closing the door, she dashed out of that place at her quickest speed.

 

After a few stories down, Yuri was panting for her breath, "Today just isn't my day." Yuri mumbled. It was the second time she had caught the both of them together, 'I guess Jae Oppa must really loved Sooyoung.' Somehow, that thought saddened her. That fact caught her by surprises.

 

Saddened? Her? Just because Jaejoong loves Sooyoung?

 

What the hell is wrong with her?!

 

Yuri shook her head vigorously, as if trying to shake away the absurd thoughts and feelings running amok inside her. She wished if only things were that simple. This time, however, was different. Yuri took out her mp3 player from her pocket, put her earphones on and pressed the play button, humming the song along with it as she walked away, trying to find another place to spend her one hour break before the next lesson starts. This time, she didn't look for another rooftop as she didn't feel like going to one.

 

Meanwhile, at the top level of the school building, Jaejoong and Sooyoung were still in a state of shock. Sooyoung was the first to recover though, "Oppa?" She nudged him lightly, “Hello. Are you there?”

 

'Why is Yul here? Did she misunderstand? What will she think of it?'

 

All these thoughts were running through Jaejoong's head.

 

“Kim Jaejoong.” Sooyoung called again, this time, a little louder, nudging him with more force.

 

Still, no responses.

 

Grinning mischievously, Sooyoung stepped closer towards him, tiptoed to reach Jaejoong's height, pulled his ear and shouted at the top of her voice, “KIM JAEJOONG!”

 

Jumping as the sudden high-pitched voice, Jaejoong glared furiously at the culprit as he rubbed his poor ear, “Ah, a responses at last.” Sooyoung remarked unrepentantly; instead, she looked as if she was quite proud of it.

 

That smile only infuriated him further, “Do you think I'm deaf?”

 

“No, but I called you repeatedly and there was no responses. So I'm just trying to help.” Sooyoung said innocently, “Can't you choose a better way?”

 

“I feel this is good enough. See, it worked, didn't it?” Sooyoung question back, “A responses from you. Instantly and a very strong one, too.” Sooyoung added, with a hearty laugh.

 

Just then, Jeongsu entered, “Wow. What happened? I can already hear the noises from outside.”

 

Looking at the fuming Jaejoong, Jeongsu then looked at the smiling Sooyoung, “Did I miss something while I was away for nature's call?” He queried.

 

“Yes. A good one, too." Sooyoung answered mysteriously.

 

This caught Jeongsu's huge interests, “What?” He asked excitedly.

 

“And you.” Jaejoong interrupted, “What took you so long? Why can't you go later?”

 

“Seems like someone's in a bad mood.” Jeongsu commented.

 

Sooyoung nodded readily, agreeing with him totally.

 

“I can't control my body when to urinate or not, right?” Jeongsu asked, then he whispered to Sooyoung, “What actually happened, huh?”

 

Sooyoung narrated to him what happened minutes ago while he was away and then how she woke Jaejoong up from his own little world while Jaejoong could only be angry with himself. Jeongsu laughed hysterically after hearing the whole story.

 

“Jeongsu Park!” Jaejoong warned in a low and dangerous voice.

 

Walking towards him, Jeongsu tried to stifle his laughter and patted his shoulder pitifully, giving him his comfort, “Jae, not everything is within our grasps. Sometimes, there are bounds to be accidents. It couldn't be helped. Coincidence is one example. You don't have to be too sad over it.”

 

“Who says I'm sad?”

 

“Shocked then. How about depressed? It's not the end of the world. Relax.”

 

“Leeteuk, do you want to start writing your will?” Jaejoong asked, giving him a very harmless smile. A bit too harmless that it was quite scary.

 

“No thanks.” Jeongsu answered impishly, and then said in a serious tone, “Since she caught you and Soo getting along so happily, so intimately like some lovey-dovey couple...”

 

Jaejoong shot him a look, 'Wouldn’t his eyes feel strained or tired from glaring so many times?' Jeongsu wondered inwardly, “You just have to explain it to her, don't you? What’s the point of standing here like some statue? You should chase after her right after she ran off before she thinks unnecessarily. You should know that woman's mind works in a very weird way, so rich in imagination. They love to make some simple things into something so complicated and exaggerate. From a simple misunderstanding, they can make it into something so far-fetched like just if you have tea with a woman and the wife might think that the woman and her husband are having some affair, that he had betrayed her and then she would demand a divorce or something like that, you know? And you won't want to tastes their reasoning, trust me."

 

“Excuse me!” A strong protests from a woman, “Are you talking about me?! What did you mean by we like to exaggerate, huh?! What do you mean by that last sentence?! Are you hinting we are unreasonable?!”

 

“Leeteuk, I think you had better start writing your will now.”

 

“Just go and find her now. Start explaining before the misunderstanding gets deeper and by then, it will be too late. Gosh, how can you be so stupid?” Jeongsu said, pushing Jaejoong towards the door, “You have so much experiences. You should know how a woman's mind works by now. Go.” Jeongsu opened the door, pushed him out and slammed it shut.

 

It took Jaejoong some more seconds before he started digesting what Jeongsu had told him and sprinted down the stairs to find Yuri. At the other side of the door, someone said, “Oppa, do you believe in retribution?"

 

Sooyoung saw everything and understood why Jeongsu loved to teases Jaejoong so much. One moment, he was angry and the next, he became so stupid like a clueless kid! It was so cute and amusing. Whoever thought there is a side like this in him? Sooyoung guessed if she told this to the school no one would ever believe her. The Kim Jaejoong who excelled in almost practically everything he did? Definitely not.

 

“No, because so far, I have not experiences any. God loves me too much.” Jeongsu answered arrogantly.

 

Sooyoung chuckled, “I will wait and see then. I can't wait for that day to come.”

 

“Hey. Don't curse me.”

 

“Why? Is that guilt talking?” Sooyoung teased.

 

“Yuri is such a damn lucky girl.” Sooyoung said enviously, “When can I meet such a guy?”

 

“You will, because you are a great person." Jeongsu assured her. He really believed so because she was the first woman that he, Jeongsu Park, treated sincerely as a friend. Unlike a particular person. What the hell?! Why did he even think of her again?

 

A/N: i know i said i will be writing a yunfany fanfic after memorial day which i thought was next monday but seems like i was wrong -_-

i will be starting it sooner then later but i don't know when yet but when i do, i will let you guys know :)

see you guys tomorrow with more updates <3