Chapter 9

In Heaven

 

Chapter 9

 

[Author’s P.O.V]

 

 

“Why?! Why now?!” She asked. Then she looked up in the sky. “What I have done to You to punish me like this?! Why me?”

 

HaeRin continue to cry rivers. She didn’t expect things will turned out this way. It took a lot of sacrifices to build her hopes yet few words destroyed them as fast as a thunder clash.

 

A little later, she felt someone’s arms enveloping her. She didn’t bother to look on who it is. She needs it now.

 

“Mianhe” Hyunjoong whispers in her ear “ Seems like I… I.. Mianhe Rin ssi” he tightened his hug as she cries on his chest.

 

“I’m here. It’s okay. Cry all you want. I won’t stop you, if that can ease the pain. I’m here” he patted her back and kissed her hair, giving her assurance that he’ll never leave her side.

 

After crying for hours, HaeRin stopped. She pulled away from Hyunjoong and wiped her tears on her cheeks.

 

She looked at him and smiled “Gomawo, seemed like it’s not your shoulders but it’s your chest that you lend me.” She laughed lightly.

 

He forced a smile and smirked a little “You owe me a shirt, this one is my favorite.”

 

She gasped “Yah! You’re teasing me again. I’m still mad at you!” she then pouted cutely.

 

“Aigoo. So childish!” He pinched her cheeks. Then they laughed.

“Hyunjoong ssi… promise me that you’ll never do that again. Arasso? Don’t give me lies just to comfort me. What’s the point of telling someone that everything’s going to be alright if it’s not, right?” she looked up in the evening sky for a while and heaved a deep sigh “The truth hurts but the lies are worse.”

 

“Mianhe. I just… don’t know how to say those things to you. You see… I don’t want you to lose your faith. Mianhe.”

 

She looked at him again “Should I believe your father?” His father is the one who sentenced my life span, his father is one of my doctors.

 

“I don’t know, my appa is just a mere people, he’s not a God. But our Father is.” He looks up in the sky. She know who he is talking about.

 

 

[HaeRin’s P.O.V]

 

 

I raise my feet and place it on the bench were we are currently sitting, I hug it tightly laying my head on my knees. “If I believe in Him once more, it only means that I should also believe that these current happenings in my life are normal neh?” I said without looking at him.

 

“Of course. Dying is normal.” He took a deep breath before he continue “It’s normal that people die, people leave. Yet many of us don’t know what a normal life is.” He moves closer to me and places his hands around my shoulders. “ Dying is normal. Leaving is normal. But don’t be afraid, for a lot of people love you.”

 

Thoughts started to flood my mind; it’s hard to comprehend with my own. I put down my feet and walks towards the railings. I’ve decided something…

 

“Hyunjoong… arrange my papers.” I said then I swivels to look at him.

 

“What are you saying?” He asked, confused.

 

“I will never be afraid again.” I said then I smiled. “I need to go back to Korea, I need to clean up my mess. I already wasted so much time hiding in my shell, running away from my problems. Now, I don’t have that much time. I need to act quickly.”

 

He walks toward me “Are you sure?”

 

I nodded. “Mnnn. I think God is being nice to me.” I looked up in the sky again. It was covered by brightly shining stars. “He gave me the time to live before dying unlike those who died without even a warning. Those who died without preparing themselves, to repent from their wrongdoings, to say sorry to those they have hurt, to tell the persons who are dear to them how much they love them, to do the things they wanted so damn badly… they were not given the chance… But I have those chances. He’s giving me opportunity, He’s giving me time that’s why I can call myself fortunate than the others. I have no reasons to argue with God anymore. I actually owe him for the chances.”

 

I smiled and turned to Hyunjoong. “You’ll help me, right?” I asked.

 

He looked at me for a long moment then she embraced me.

 

“I guessed… it’s a yes.” I started crying again in his shirt. “I’ll make it up to them. Thank you… Hyunjoong ssi.”

 

I’ll make it up to you… Jae.

 

 

_____________________________________

 

hello guys... hihi..

follow me in twitter

@kimjenjen029

more comments and subscribers