Chapter 8

In Heaven

 

Chapter 8

 

[Author’s P.O.V]

 

A year has passed…

 

“Appa what’s wrong?” Hyunjoong asked his father who happened to be one of HaeRin’s doctor.

 

Doctor Kim let out a deep breath before answering “Cancer cells are spreading insanely in her whole system. The medicines and the treatment do not have any effects on her anymore. Her body rejected the medicines too.”  He handed the X-ray of HaeRin’s colon to Hyunjoong.

 

Hyunjoong was dumbfounded the moment he saw the result. He can’t find the right words to say. “Ani… wh..h-how? This can’t be happening. Appa do more test. Maybe.. maybe.. this is just a…”

 

“We perform those tests for the nth time and it just gave same results Hyunjoong sshi.” His father stood form his sit and walked towards him and place his hand on one of his shoulders. “Son, we can’t do a thing about her condition anymore. Mianhe.”

 

Hyunjoong face palmed himself. “How long will she live?” he asked.

 

Doctor Kim shrugged his shoulders. “It was stage four. It will be a miracle if she survives for less than a year.”

 

Hyunjoong closed his eyes tightly before letting out of a disappointed sigh. He raked his hair in frustration with both hands. “Heavens!”

 

“Go son, she’s waiting for you.” Dr. Kim smiled at hyunjoong.

 

Hyunjoong nodded and walked to the door. But as he opens it a shocked HaeRin welcomed him.

 

His eyes widen.

 

HaeRin gave him a bitter smile, trying to stop the tears from her eyes. “M-mianhe! I eavesdropped. I-I. Mianhe.” And with that her tears completely fell from her eyes then she run away.

 

“HaeRin!” he ran after her.

 

 

[HaeRin’s P.O.V]

 

A year has passed, and I’m still here in the hospital… waiting for miracle to happen. Oh God knows how much I miss Korea, my motherland, my friends, my parents, and most especially Jaejoong, the love of my life, the reason why I’m living, the reason why I’m fighting for my life.

 

There were no days, hours, and seconds that I haven’t think about him. I asked Hyunjoong to download videos of their concerts abroad and their new songs for me. Their songs became my lullaby at night. His make my pain go away. I even followed him on twitter (with a different identity) and checked his Me2day to know every small things happening on him.

 

It was Sunday morning, tests’- results’- morning, and it seems like my body is not in a good state right now so Hyunjoong sshi told me to rest and just wait for him here as he gets the results. I agreed.

 

Lately, I’ve been feeling that there’s something wrong with my system. I do have frequent attacks, which are indeed very painful, thanks God I have Hyunjoong sshi to take good care of me and of course Jaejoong’s voice to take away the pain. Oh come on HaeRin think positive! It’s nothing! It’s only the effects of medicines.

 

I grew impatient so I decided to follow Hyunjoong.

 

Good thing the door was slightly open. Kekeke. I will surprise them.

 

I was about to sneak in when…

 

“Cancer cells are spreading insanely in her whole system. The medicines and the treatment do not have any effects on her anymore. Her body rejected the medicines too.” Dr. Kim said.

 

. “How long will she live?” Hyunjoong asked.

 

“It was stage four. It will be a miracle if she survives for less than a year.”

 

I was dumbfounded the moment I heard the last sentences. It turned out that I’m the one who was surprised.

 

My world crumbled into pieces, my dreams are destroyed, my hope turned into ashes as those words repeated continuously in my head. I haven’t notice that Hyunjoong is already out and is currently starring at me with shock.

 

I tried to compose myself and stop my tears from falling. I smiled at him bitterly. “M-mianhe! I eavesdropped. I-I” I don’t know what to say, my mind went blank as my chest tightened. I can’t breathe. I can’t… “M-mianhe” And with that I run away, tears streaming down my face. I can’t stop it. I can’t.

 

Why? Why is this happening?! Why?

 

Fastforward……….

 

[Author’s P.OV]

 

HaeRin run to the hospital’s rooftop, tears raining down from her eyes. She doesn’t give a damn on how many times she tripped along the way; those pains are nothing compared to what she feels right now.

 

As she reached the rooftop, she fell on her knees and started crying like crazy.

 

“Why?! Why now?!” She asked. Then she looked up in the sky. “What I have done for You to punish me like this?! Why me?”

 

____________________________________________

Hello summer break hihihi... sorry for late update...