Shining Brighter Than The Sun (pt. 1)

Let's Talk About Love

ドライブ

posted on 29 – 6 – '15



“Are you ready?”

Jaejoon’s low voice boomed through the apartment, echoing against the flimsy walls. He tapped his foot against the floor, impatiently, one hand already placed on the door handle, itching to open it.

“Ah, yes, almost! Just wait a little longer!” A higher pitched voice replied. A loud rumbling sound was heard from the other room. No more than ten seconds later Takuya revealed himself. Two pairs of bags were slung over his shoulder, a suitcase was being pulled behind him and a plastic bag was held tightly in his other hand.

The elder’s lips parted slightly at the sight. His eyes racked over the entire view, starting at the bottom, ending at Takuya’s (surprisingly) bright face.

“Didn’t I tell you not to bring this much stuff?”

“What are you talking about, Joonie?” Takuya pouted, “I only packed the most important things!”

He shuffled closer to the door – where Jaejoon was waiting – and looked behind him for the last time to check if everything really was ready to be left behind.

“Did you close all of the windows? And did you check if nothing was leaking? Oh, and did you pack enough underwear? Last time we visited your parents you didn’t bring enough and this time we can’t afford you to-”

“Shh, babe, you’re rambling again,” The brunet chuckled. His hand moved up to ruffle the blonde, fluffy hair, which was practically begging to be touched. “Yes, I checked everything, and yes, I brought enough underwear and yes, before you ask, I also made sandwiches.”

“How…” The younger cocked his head to the side, but was quick to dispense the questions, and shook his head to get rid of them. He leaned forward and pecked his boyfriend’s lips.

“Well then, let’s go.”

 

*

 

The sun poured out its hot rays, heating the car up even more. The sky was coloured a bright blue, and no clouds could be seen. The windows were opened and Jaejoon leaned against the edge with his arm, whereas Takuya stuck his head out and enjoyed the wind that made him momentarily forget about the heat.

Their black jeep glided over the highways, the wax glowing under the sun.

“Baby, don’t you think we should search for a petrol station? We’ve been driving for three hours, non-stop, and I think you should rest,” Takuya suggested, worriedly eyeing the elder, whose bangs were stuck against his forehead due to the sweat. His hand reached for the tissues he kept in his bag pack, and as he leaned forward, he brushed the brown locks out of Jaejoon’s face and dapped the wetness away with the tissue.

A few silent minutes later (apart from the music that blasted through the speakers), the brunet took a turn for a gas station.

The queues for all fuel pumps were quite short, but still – it were queues.

“If you’ll refuel the car, I’ll search a place for us to eat, okay?” Takuya asked, though it was more of a statement than a question. Before he stepped out, he handed the brunet some change. “Buy some water, you need something refreshing.” And with that – and a small smile – he left for a bench.

Now that there was no air conditioning, nor a breeze to cool him down, the blonde felt the sun hitting his skin, the warm sensation causing him to smile and close his eyes. He opened them again a moment later, though, his gaze immediately falling upon his handsome boyfriend who looked insanely good, refuelling the car like that. His teeth dug into his lower lip as Jaejoon’s shirt rode up a little, revealing a small part of his toned stomach. Oh, how badly he wanted to touch those abs right now.

His eyes never left the other’s body, until he got swallowed by the mass of people in front of the store.

Takuya let out a content sigh and turned around so he could grab the sandwiches. A blush crept on his cheeks when he realised Jaejoon had made him his favourites. He stared at the in-foil-wrapped bread, a giddy feeling making his mood even better than before.

As the younger dreamed on, a cold object was suddenly pressed against his neck. A yelp escaped his lips. As he dropped the sandwiches, he swatted his hands behind him, standing up from the bench while doing so. Laughter exploded behind him, and though he didn’t even have to check who was fooling him (because seriously, who can’t recognise their lover’s laughter?), he turned around and smacked the other’s chest. The blonde ignored the fact that it felt nice and firm and formed a pout on his face instead, eyebrows scrunching the tiniest bit.

A grin plastered itself on Jaejoon’s lips. Takuya scoffed, raising his hand to hit him again, but before he could do so, the elder slipped away to sit down.

“Let’s eat!” The brunet picked up the fallen sandwiches – completely ignoring Takuya’s frown – took the foil off and offered one to the still pouting latter. He accepted the bread without complaining, though.

Another silence occurred between the two, the sound of cars on the highway and screaming kids overpowering the peaceful sound of chirping birds and loosening up the mood between the two.

“Ah, Joonie!” Takuya suddenly exclaimed. “Did you know there’s a beach close to here? I was thinking that maybe we could visit it, I haven’t been to the sea in months anyway.”

His eyes searched for his boyfriend’s, and when they met, Jaejoon knew he couldn’t refuse those puppy eyes. He cursed his softness.

 

*

 

“Jaejoon, come over here, the water is so nice!”

The sea blended in with the sky, both as blue as always. The breeze with the salty smell that usually blew near the shore, was barely there. The beach was filled with people, you could say there were more people than sand, which Jaejoon thought was a waste, as the almost white beach sand was like the cherry on the cake to him.

Takuya’s face looked even brighter than that morning. Jaejoon didn’t know whether it was because of the burning hot sun, or because the other liked the sea that much. It was probably a combination of both.

Slowly he made his way towards the water, where the blonde was playing around with the clear water, his t-shirt already slightly wet. The hot sand burned against his feet, but he tried to ignore it, accepting the fact that it was just a part of the weather, one of the consequences the sun brings.

Takuya sighed excessively when he noticed the elder’s slow pace, and as he ran towards the beach, he made sure to dap his hands into the water another time. The other lifted his head promptly when he saw a figure dashing off to him, and before he could protest – whining wouldn’t work in any case – another body threw itself on him, causing him to tumble down. The sand softened the fall, but despite that, he couldn’t contain the groans that came up. Wet hands were being pressed against his face, making him scrunch his nose in disgust. The other could only giggle.

Just as they were about to stand up again, a wave rolled in, spreading itself along the tide-line and wetting the brunet’s outfit. An almost inaudible gasp escaped at the cold sensitivity.

The blonde, on the other side, tried hard not to burst into laughter. He raised himself up and pulled the grumbling elder with him, who immediately started wiping off the sand which was now sticking against his back-side.

Takuya eyed him smugly, a devilish glint shining in his eyes. His hand reached out for the white t-shirt, it softly, slowly.

“Ah, baby, I think you should take this off… if you want to wear it again soon,” He proposed, a smirk forming on his lips. Jaejoon’s face turned red, despite the coldness of his dripping shirt. Takuya pulled on the fabric, and before he could retain him, the shirt was thrown on the beach, and hands found their way on his six-pack, tracing the outlines of his abs.

“T-Takuya, don’t you think you should, maybe, uhm, refrain yourself from PDA?” The brunet’s face converted into an even darker red colour as the other’s hands went lower and lower.

“Why? Can’t I show them who you belong to?” The blonde puckered his lips, raising his brows, as though the question he just asked was awfully innocent. Jaejoon stood there, stunned, watching as his boyfriend’s eyes were permanently fixed on his torso.

Noticing all the stares they got from the passers-by – which were a lot that day, considering the weather made the beach very attractive, with its refreshing sea water – the elder coughed to get Takuya to look up at him. The latter’s face split into a wide grin when their gazes met, and as he retracted his hands, he took a few steps backwards, confusing the brunet even more.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“Follow me,” Was the simple reply he got.

 


 

A/N: oKAY SO this is a crappy update school ends this week for me and ashhesdjeksd I can't wait to go on a holiday tbh ;;;;; and as you all know... The Lover ended and I'm cry bc I can't live w/o my weekly Tajoon //cries a river to Seoul to see them// let's just hope they release that dvd w/ extras ( ´๑△`๑) 

pls don't expect much for that next update lol now that I don't have school anymore my brain turned into mush lmao hmmm and this chapter is way too long for a drabble?? (they're supposed to go on a road trip/holiday thingie if I didn't make it clear enough yet heh) idk I couldn't contain myself + we're almost at a 100 subscribers and oh my god thank you all so much! pls continue to ship Tajoon huehue ♡ 

oH and we all know that look Takuya is giving Jaejoonie //wink wink nudge nudge [here]//