Grey Rain

Let's Talk About Love

灰色雨

posted on 20 – 6 – '15



It had been one hour since he arrived here. His was practically frozen to the cold edge of the fountain. The weather hadn’t been like how he had expected it to be. Instead of a vast blue sky with a blinding hot sun, a gloomy grey colour engulfed his surroundings, and it looked like it could start raining every second.

Jaejoon fished his phone out of his pocket to check it for any new messages, but there were none. Worse, he hadn’t even received one. It was as if Takuya forgot about their date. Their first date.

He let out a shaky sigh, causing the frosty air to warm up and turn white temporarily. His phone fell back into his pocket, and hands were raised up to his mouth to warm them up, even though it didn’t really work out.

Luck hadn’t been on his side today, and it only turned worse when he felt large, cold drops fall on his head. He racked his fingers through his hair frustratingly, not even minding he’d look like a total mess despite all the effort he’d put into his hair that morning.

It started to rain even harder, wetting him even more. The feeling of loneliness crept into him, completely taking over the happiness he’d felt when he’d walked to their meeting spot. No one was around, probably all enjoying the warmth of the heating inside their rooms. The brunet pushed himself off the fountain and strutted towards the closest shop with a balcony to protect him from the rain.

Just when he was about to start a game on his phone, he heard soft screams, calling his name. The brunet raised his head instantly, eyes searching for the source desperately. Arms were suddenly wrapped around him, and soft puffs reached his air. It had been freezing, but somehow his body heated up when the thought of Takuya hugging him flashed through his mind. Through the corners of his eyes he saw a blonde mop of hair. The sadness left, and a smile threatened to show off on his face.

“I’m so so sorry Joonie!” The younger started, loosening his grip on the other’s waist to meet his eyes, “I missed my first bus and then I knew I was going to be late, but then when I got off the second bus a woman bumped into me and then she dropped her groceries and I had to help her pick it all up and when I checked the time I—”

Jaejoon lifted his finger up to the other’s lips – which felt really soft and tempting –, silencing him. Takuya looked at him with wide, glossy eyes.

“It’s okay,” The elder said, a hesitating smile playing along his lips, “You’re here. I’m here. And even though the weather is really bad today, completely ruining my original plan—” He chuckled, “—there is still enough for us to do.”

“Like what?”

“Hmm, would you be content with going to my house to watch a Harry Potter marathon?”

Takuya grinned widely and nodded. “Even though that’s the most cheesy thing to do on a ruined date, I’d love to.”

His hand searched for Jaejoon’s one and linked their fingers together. Takuya lifted his umbrella to cover them both, and as they walked down the road, the elder slowly swung their arms, glad that their first date could be saved, though in a simple way.

There would still be many more to come.

 


 

A/N: lmao guys should I just give up on writing or what

oh they’re not boyfriends in this 1 yet but I made it look like that didn’t I /shame on you Maaike/ oH AND BTW I finished my exams hehe yeseu I'd say I'd update more but I know myself too well and seeing how badly written this is I'm not...... sure............ (。_。)

ahh and I listend to [BTS's Rain] while writing this, pls an applause for the lyrics holy ui3wekjsdke /claps alone/ I didn't make this as pessimistic as the lyrics though ; ^ ;