Wet My Heart

Let's Talk About Love

私の心を濡らし

posted on 5 – 9 – '15



When the clock had struck five, Takuya knew he should’ve headed home right away, but his hidden sweet tooth had taken him straight to the bakery, through the downpour, his mind fogged with thoughts of those delicious looking muffins he’d seen that morning. There were only a few costumers in the store, all wearing thick coats and holding dripping umbrellas, whereas he looked like a sodden stray kitten, with his soaked jacket and drops trickling down his hair. All in all, he felt like sponge; a nuisance to the store, wetting the floor like this.

He cleared his throat as he shuffled closer to the counter, “Hello, uhm, can I get two blueberry muffins, please?” He sniffed soon after, ignoring the cashier who looked at him worriedly. Fumbling with his sleeves, he stepped aside to let the elderly man that was waiting behind him order.

Despite the cold and his sore throat getting worse by the second that ticked by, a grin stretched his lips. Surprising Jaejoon was one of his favourite things to do. The gentle smile that would make its way to the brunet’s lips always made him swoon like a love-struck high school girl, the twinkle in his eyes would make him feel as giddy as ever and the peck that would follow would get the butterflies in his stomach flutter violently.

“Sir?” The blonde was immediately pulled out of his reverie. His grin altered into a sheepish smile as he accepted the packed muffins the cashier handed him. With a quick sweep of his card (oh come on, it looks way cooler than handing change), he was ready to go outside and face the rain again, though reluctantly.

Hesitatingly, he opened the door, the familiar merry jingle of the bakery contrasting with the gloomy weather. He clutched the muffins closer to his chest, took a deep breath, and off he went, unaware of the concerned gaze following him.

 

*

 

“What were you even thinking?! You know I care about your health more than anything!”

When Takuya had entered the living room, he had come face to face with Jaejoon. The latter’s anxious expression had merged into anger combined with concern, eyes racking down the younger’s soaked attire. A frown made its way to Takuya’s flawless face, along with a slight pout, “You mean you don’t want these muffins?”

Jaejoon sighed excessively, bringing his hands up to his face to massage his forehead.

“I couldn’t care less about those muffins right now, Takuya,” He answered, much to said boy’s dismay. The muffins he was still holding, dropped onto the floor with a soft thud.

“I guess I’ll go take a shower now,” The blonde quipped after a minute of uncomfortable silence, both not knowing how to act. Slowly, he moved out of the room, sniffs breaking the returned stillness, the occasional coughs making Jaejoon worry even more.

Soon enough, Takuya was out of sight. It took a few more seconds for the brunet to regain his composure. With a swift motion, he snatched the two muffins off the ground, taking them with him to the kitchen. The soup he was boiling gradually wafted its smell through the apartment.

As he stirred the liquid, the gentle smile he knew his boyfriend loved finally appeared. He knew he shouldn’t have been this harsh on the younger, especially because under his bubbly personality were a lot of insecurities hidden, one of them being the fear of disappointing his boyfriend. To say he wasn’t upset would be a lie, though. Takuya knew better than to risk his health like that. The weather forecast even warned for heavy rain showers yesterday!

A panting sound behind Jaejoon caused said male to shoot his head up, turning his body to confront the other. His eyes met the blonde’s watery ones, vision presumably blurred. A pink hue dusted his cheeks, forehead covered in a light layer of sweat.

“Joonie, I-I’m sorry, I s-should’ve kno- achoo!”

The elder furrowed his brows and reduced the distance between the both of them, hand reaching up to measure his temperature. As to confirm his thoughts, Takuya was burning indeed. The latter’s gaze was downcasted, and the soft shade of red his cheeks displayed a short while ago had turned scarlet. The elder’s hand trailed its way up to the younger’s damp hair, petting it tenderly.

“Apology accepted,” He assured, hand tracing the curves of the other’s back, moving up to the front, until he reached his chest, then smoothly pressed him backwards.

“You go wait here, okay? I’ll be right back.”

Takuya dropped his body onto the comfortable couch. It felt as though every bit of energy had been out of him; he would refer to himself as one of those wizards from Harry Potter who’s just been kissed by a Dementor. Limp and lifeless.

Shifting his body, he casually fluttered his eyes close, ignoring the clanking from the kitchen. The slow tunes coming from the radio caused a drowsy feeling to kick in, and in no time, he was sent off to dreamland. Just when a sweet dream was about to start out, a hesitant tap on his shoulder brought him back to reality, and with his eyes still shut he brought himself up, sitting cross-legged. He cracked one eye open when a husky chuckle vibrated through the air, unconsciously causing Takuya’s heartbeat to accelerate.

“Consider yourself lucky with a boyfriend like me,” Jaejoon snickered, smirk only growing wider as the younger lazily opened both of his eyes to glare at him.

“Hurry up and feed me,” He implied.

The elder snorted, raising a single brow, “Still as impatient as always, hmm?”

“Shut up,” Takuya muttered. He fumbled with his hands, shyly averting his eyes down to the cup of soup; the smell really was delightful.

Not being able to resist such a cute face – glassy, sparkling eyes, red, plump lips, rosy cheeks – the brunet quickly took a seat and raised the first spoonful of hot liquid, gently blowing it before lifting it up to the blonde’s awaiting lips.

Feeling the fluid sliding down his throat, Takuya moaned in satisfaction.

“Oh, Joonie, you make the best soup ever!” He beamed.

Jaejoon gazed at the preciously smiling male, wondering what he did to deserve someone as loveable as him. He knew he could never get mad at him, and besides, he really loved blueberry muffins.

Just not as much as he loved Takuya.

 


 

A/N: oKAY GUYS LONG A/N AHEAD, if you're only in for the important stuff, you can skip over to the paragraph w/ the bolded letters!

anyways, 1st of all, sorry for the freaking awkward ending (oh and I didn't beta read this whoops ;;;;;), I didn't know what to do lmao + I really wanted to update for you guys aND 2ND I'M SO SORRY FOR THIS HELLA LATE UPDATE, oh my freaking god, I was supposed to update like 3 weeks ago but when I came home from Norway I was so tired and I've also been going to school for 3 weeks now and to say I'm not busy is a complete lie //cries uncontrallably// 

okay, the important stuff: I've decided to mark this drabble dumb thingie as complete soon, however, this doesn't mean I won't update anymore. it just feels 87491203 times better when I'm late w/ updating, like rn I'm stressing out again bc I have to post a new drabble soon, but if I put this on complete I feel like that feeling will go????? idk tbh lol but the reason I'll still update is that I just can't let go of this pairing and I have a few ideas left which I really want you guys to read even though they're gonna be just as crappy as everything I wrote ☆ヾ(*´▽`)ノ

btw did you all see tHAT EXTRA???? I swear I watched it like 5 times and I'm about to rewatch it so I can post a link [here] for everyone who hasn't seen it yet hehe

andddd  dd d d d I think that was it? 1 last thing: the title is from [this] song and it's A++++++++ and you all have to listen to it or else....... .. .. ..

#maaikeout