XiuChen - Did I Scare You?

EXO OTP One-Shots, Short Stories, and More

In which Minseok tries, and fails, to scare the fearless Jongdae.

 

"Boo!" Minseok yelled at his friend, who was currently lying on the bed, face hidden by a book. Jongdae looked up with a bored expression.

 

"Need something, Minseok?" The older boy groaned. "What will it take to scare you?" he questioned.

 

"It's impossible. Just give up already," he replied. Minseok gritted his teeth and said, "I will scare you one day, Kim Jongdae."

 

"Not a chance, Kim Minseok."

 

The next day, Jongdae woke up to a large tarantula dangling dangerously close to his face. He simply flicked the plastic toy away from him and continued on with his morning.

 

At lunch, he opened the fridge, only to find a terrifying image of a demon, which he promptly threw in the trash. Then he made a sandwich and headed to the living room. Unbeknownst to him, Minseok had been waiting behind the door and had run away the moment he had heard footsteps.

 

Jongdae casually entered the living room, where a red faced and very suspicious looking Minseok was sitting. "Hey, you know I think someone's pranking me," he said.

 

Minseok blushed furiously. "How?"

 

"Well, I keep finding weird things everywhere. Like that picture in the fridge."

 

"Oh, that's, uh, weird," Minseok giggled nervously. He edged away carefully before running to his room and locking the door.

 

--------------

 

Jongdae opened his bedroom door at midnight. The hallway was dark and silent. He shrugged off the eyes that were watching him and headed to the kitchen for some water.

 

He let out a loud yawn as he walked back to his room. He opened the door and saw a surprised Minseok sitting behind the door.

 

"Oh hey, Minseok," he whispered, careful not to wake anyone up. The older boy let out a little shriek.

 

"How do you do that? I was trying to scare you!" Jongdae just laughed and went back to bed.

 

-------------

 

Minseok was tired. He had tried everything, from spiders to ghosts. Alright, he thought. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

 

"Sehun! Kai! D.O! Come here."

 

-------------

 

"D.O, you're a genius."

 

"They don't call me Satansoo for nothing," Kyungsoo cackled.

 

Minseok clapped his hands. "Let's put this plan to action! Sehun, Kai, places. D.O, is it in place?"

 

Kyungsoo gave him a thumbs-up in response. Minseok turned off the lights and crawled behind the sofa. "Alright!"

 

Jongdae walked in at that moment, courtesy of Kyungsoo's acting skills, and tripped over the wire Sehun had carefully drawn across the doorway. The moment he face-planted into the rug, Kai pulled a blanket over his face. Jongdae struggled against the restraint but failed, his voice muffled by the blanket.

 

Minseok had hurried out from behind the couch by now. He motioned to Kai to let Jongdae go. The moment the blanket was gone, Minseok was on top of him.

 

Poor Jongdae had no clue what was happening. "Minseok," he growled. "What is going on?"

 

Minseok jerked his head up violently. "How'd you know it was me?"

 

"You idiot. Who else would be smart enough to recruit Satansoo?" Jongdae scoffed.

 

Minseok narrowed his eyes. "I'm not sure whether that's a compliment or an insult," he muttered.

 

-----------

 

Jongdae was asleep when it happened. Everyone except Minseok was out shopping (and Suho was paying.) As far as he knew, Minseok was watching some horribly sappy drama.

 

Then came the scream. Jongdae jolted awake and sat up straight. There it was again. No, it wasn't a ghost. It was, "Minseok!"

 

"Jongdae! Help," came the reply. Said man leapt out of bed and sprinted to the kitchen. Minseok was lying on the ground and cradling his hand. Tears were streaming down his face.

 

"I burned it. It really hurts, Jongdae," he whimpered. He cried out suddenly. "Ow ow ow, make it stop!"

 

Jongdae hurried to the elder's side. "Minseok, calm down. I'll get you water. You stay awake, you hear me? Don't pass out on me."

 

"No stay!" Minseok cried. Jongdae could feel the tears welling up in his eyes. He pressed gentle kisses all over Minseok's face and wrist.

 

"Be okay," he pleaded. "Please, be okay." Minseok just cried harder. It took another two minutes of sobbing for Jongdae to realize that Minseok was actually laughing. The tears weren't of pain.

 

"What's so funny?" Jongdae asked. The other boy just continued to roll around and release peals of hysterical laughter. "What did I miss?"

 

Minseok finally managed to choke out, "You... actually... fell for it!" Jongdae's worried expression turned to confusion, then anger.

 

"This was a prank?" he yelled. "You really scared me!"

 

"That was the whole point," Minseok answered smugly.

 

A/N: Just a little XiuChen fluff for you all. They are just friends here but feel free to imagine them as more and what happens after this. You know what, you know what, you know what, what I mean. ;)