The Annual Ski Trip

amor vincit omnia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy and Irene was the first one to arrive at their meeting place. Apparently they will be renting, Wendy and Seungyoon specifically, a bus for them to go to Pyeongchang. It will take them about 5 hours to get there from Seoul.

The gang then arrived one by one at the designated meeting place and finally the alleged bus arrived.

“Ugh, 5 am yeah right” Irene scoffed as she stepped out the car followed by Joy and her mother. They walked towards the bus and everyone was surprised to see Joy’s mom. They paid their respects by bowing.

“Hi. Take care kids.” She said coldly. “Joy, remember all the things I told you okay?”

“Yes mom.” Joy said with a bored voice.

“You.” She pointed at Irene who was not even facing her. “Look at me. Behave.”

“Fine, whatever” she rolled her eyes and put on the earphones and proceeded to board the bus while the others say their goodbyes to Joy’s mother. She bid her goodbye and the old lady stared at Yeri coldly which the latter caught and she felt shivers run to her spine. She just noted, Joy’s mother is scary as hell.

They were all inside the bus and it started moving towards their destination.

“Hey that wasn’t so polite huh?” Seulgi sat beside Irene, she did not hear her because the music was blasting in her earphones. “Hey” Seulgi removed one bud from her ears which made Irene look at Seulgi.

“Are you okay?”

“Uh, yeah.” Irene reassured a smile. “It’s just, it’s too early for my soul and it’s really cold.”

“Ahh…” Seulgi smiled

“I wasn’t able to do it in the end.” Irene chuckled and rested her head in Seulgi’s shoulder. “Feel relieved?” she joked

“Huh?”

“I wasn’t able to confess, the two idiots got in the way” she sighed. “Although I have a feeling that he already know.”

“Really how so?”

“I just, I just feel like it.” Irene sighed once again. “But I wanna say it, so I’ll do it sometime this trip.” She looked at Seulgi lovingly. ”Is it…”

“It’s okay, why do you ask every time?” Seulgi cupped Irene’s cheek playfully

“I just want my conscience clean. You’re my best friend after all.”

“It’s okay, it’s fine.” Seulgi reassured not only Irene but herself

Joy and Yeri was sitting together but not talking. You can definitely feel the tension between them.

“What’s wrong? Please talk to me Joy.”

Still no answer.

“Are you really going?” she still asked even though she knew she would not answer. Joy excused herself and sat beside Wendy who was alone upfront. Yeri sighed and just decided to doze off with her head resting in the window.

Seunghoon, Seungyoon and Jinwoo are all sitting at the back of the bus laughing and chattering with their loud voices.

“Why are you here?” Taehyun said to Mino who was beside him. “The bus is big I want to be alone, go away pig”

“Come on, I’m your best friend. We can talk.” Mino said softly.

“I don’t want to talk bastard. Get the away.”

“Fine.” Mino stood up and went towards the other three guys.

“Can I join you guys, Namtae’s being a .” And he sat between them three guys, just two seats behind Taehyun’s seat.

“What’s up?” Mino asked.

“We’re seeing if how big can Seungyoon open his bruised eye.” And with that Seungyoon tried to open his left eye wide as he can.

“That’s ing gross stop that.” Mino said in disgust while Seungyoon laughed boisterously.

“Oh my God.” Taehyun faced them. “I can hear your obnoxious laugh through my full volume music Kang Seungyoon. Try and shut up or do you want your right eye to close as well?” Taehyun said loudly which gained the attention of everyone.

“Please stop being a little Namtae.”

“Say that again?”

“And what? You’ll beat me again?” Seungyoon scoffed. “Please do it, I’m thrilled.”

“Fine, you asked for this” Taehyun stood up while popping his knuckles when Wendy suddenly stood up.

“Stop! Okay!” Wendy said loudly. “ing shut up all of you. Stop being childish, we’re on our Winter break trip, it’s Christmas in two days. Can everyone just be zen?”

“Uhhh Wends you are not being zen right now though.” Joy poked Wendy carefully on the sides in which the latter sighed and plopped down her seat. The remaining travel hours was spent without hearing another sound and the atmosphere between the group is getting worse and worse, day by day.

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

They arrived at the Kang’s ski resort lunch time, because of the holiday traffic. It was cozy and just the right size. They decided on the rooming, and had the final decision of having Wendy, Seulgi and Irene in the same room, then Joy and Yeri. Mino and Taehyun, in which Taehyun groaned painfully for having a roommate then the other three guys will be the room mates.

“I’m not comfortable.” Joy said surprising everyone. “I rather room with a guy than room with her.” She added insisting that she does not want to be Yeri for the night.

“Stay with them, I’ll room with her then.” Irene said. “Please, let’s try not to argue on this trip, I mean come on don’t be like this. We’re here to have fun. Huh?” Irene tried to lighten up the mood. She tapped Yeri’s shoulders and Taehyun’s as well. “Huh, Nam Taehyun!” then flashed him a cheeky smile.

They can’t help but laugh at her weird speech and smile that she usually don’t do. But still Joy’s expression is sour and bitter.

“Good, I never thought I’d use those facial muscles again for smiling like that.” She picked up her bag and ran upstairs. “Yeri and I call the biggest room.” She announced as loud as she can.

“As if you know which is the biggest.” Seulgi said, then everyone else ran upstairs fighting on who gets the biggest room, or the room with the biggest bathroom. Once again the gang started to be noisy. The only ones left downstairs is Joy and Yeri.

“Yah! Bae Joohyun!” Seulgi was heard shouting at apparently Irene.

“Yah, yah, yah.” Voice that seemed to belong to Seungyoon is heard. And a couple more ‘yah’s’ can be heard and laughter. Joy and Yeri just stare at each other as if they’re having a contest on who will talk first, and the first one to create a sound will lose.

“You’re hopeless.” Joy lost. “I hate you, you know.”

Yeri just stood there, stunned as Joy carried her suitcase and went upstairs, weeping quietly. She can’t help but sigh and just follow suit.

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

It started to get dark outside, and snow started to fall softly.

“Kang Seulgi!” Irene’s voice echoed throughout the whole cabin. “Seulgi-yah!”

“Aigoo, noisy fellow isn’t she.” Taehyun who was sitting in the long sofa while watching tv, rubbed his ears in annoyance.

“Saying something pretty boy?” she answered while approaching him.

“Nothing, nothing.” He rolled his eyes.

“Geez, seriously, lighten up you uptight person.” She ruffled his hair. “Seulgi-yah!”

“What is it?” Seulgi laughed at the sudden sweetness of Irene.

“Let’s go snowboarding~” Irene hugged her from behind.

“I’m not that good though.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter