Chapter 08

The boy named Kim Tae Hyung

"Get into pairs for the MT! Confirm your partners to me by tomorrow,yeah?"
it's been a week.Nothing seemed to be going well.Our conversations were brief and short for certain reasons .You had constantly showed concern,asking if I was okay and though you hadn't prompted,I knew you wanted the answer,but what was it that you want to hear?I don't know.Did you regret it now?Maybe you wanted to take back what you said on that fine day.Maybe you did.Maybe you didn't.
I don't blame you.I knew it was too good to be true.I knew that it'll never happen.Nothing good ever does to someone like me.Why did I even bother feeling a gush of excitement then?

Everyone leaves.Everyone leaves one way or another and I ... ...



I came home to an empty house once again.Sae Yeon was out with her friends as usual.Nothing was different except for the fact that my foster parents had gotten home two hours earlier than usual.I don't know if I'm supposed to acknowledge them as parents but I don't feel right not doing so either.They called me into their study room.That's strange.A huge juxtaposition from the usual,where they don't even recognize my presence.I stood up with my hands behind my back,shifting my feet aimlessly on the ground as they eyed me from head to toe,the same look of disgust they had given me the very first day .
"You have to vacate the house this week."
My eyes widened.
"we've some important guests and I can't afford you ruining our image for us."
I wasn't only an orphan,I was seen as some kind of stain that people wanted to erase.And the words.They hurt.It wasn't the words.It was because they were coming directly from them-the people who were supposed to shower me with love in place of my biological parents.

I bit my lips.
"you'll be going for the MT to jejudo along with Sae Yeon.We'll pay for everything so pack your bags.We have already informed the school.Thats it.Leave."
My teeth sank deeper into my lips.
I wasn't given any say.Everything was decided.There was nothing I could do.The things they said carried great weights and if I were to disobey,I knew the consequences better than they did.At that moment,I too realised two things.The decision that I've been pondering over for the longest time now,had been made for me and the family in the family portrait I had treasured so dearly , had never included me as a member... ...




"Since you guys have proven yourself to be overly indecisive,I'll decide your partners for you."
Its been a day and much to Mr Hong 's annoyance, nothing he had requested for the previous day was done.He started reading the seemingly endless list.
"Kim Taehyung. "
My heart skipped a little,at your name.I tried staying composed.
why are these little futtering feelings coming to me time after time?You.
Our eyes met and your eyes were full of hope.

What were you hoping for?

Did you really mean the words that you said?


"Park Sae Yeon. "


I watched.I watched as you leaned backwards onto your seat,expressionless and somehow... ...there was a little hint of unexplained disappointment ?Sae Yeon and her crew were evidently bustling with joy while the other guys had sighed and uttered several curses.

Being paired with the greatest girl in school,shouldn't you feel excited too?

There was something in your eyes that i couldn't quite decipher.It seemed like an awful mixture of longing and sadness,but maybe those were the emotions that I wished you had felt.
"Lee Hye Rin"
Crossing your arms,you sat up, straight.Your desperate eyes met mine and I didn't know what they were trying to convey .
"Wang Jackson"
My heart fell,like how I think I did for you.There was a certain pang on my heart i could 't quite describe.Jackson?
Once again,the class was in chaos. The people around me were buzzing again about the reversal. Doesn't this resemble a scene from the dramas?
I...I... ...thought that it was possible but i guess fate didn't think that I was compatible with you.



author's note:

it's been so long ogod

but i'm back!

first update of 2016

and there'll be more coming up

Valentines day was a good two-three days ago and i spent all my time studying

the sad life of a loner :-(

oh well 

anyways i'm gonna do a double update so stay tuned! 

i think things are gonna get interesting XD