Chapter 04

The boy named Kim Tae Hyung

You seemed like one who kept your promises because ever since that contract you made,you had never left my side again.You took the bus with me to and back from school everyday,sending me to my classroom or my locker,constantly telling me that you wouldn't leave until I have peacefully settled down in my seat.It was funny watching people get the shock of their lives as they had thought you had taken me back again for another fling.They even betted on how long I was going to last.I told myself to close an eye but as I had expected,the scribbles,insults and the wet clothes had made its way up to the next level.My chair and desk was moved all the way to the hall three levels down,my bag was filled with all sorts of trash everyday while people threw trash at me whenever they saw me in the hallways.However,you wouldn't know because they would become angels that descended from heaven at the sight of you.I tried to smile in front of you.Yes,smile.Somehow,someway,You managed to unlock the door to my heart with a key that even I myself didn't know existed.Smiling was once an expression that I never had adopted.However,ever since you came into my life,Smiling became one of the things I did often.




Bus rides home with you were far from boring.Even though I had my mouth sealed up,you would continue chattering non-stop,with the hope that I would reply you one day , and that day came.I started opening up to you , telling you bits and pieces about myself and even how my day went... ...
"Be honest with me"
I shoved a spoon of ice cream into my mouth as I nodded.You then stopped in your tracks and folded your arms as if you were going to give me a lecture.What was going to happen now?With a smirk etched tightly on your face,you took a step towards me while I took a step back.A surge of fear rushed through me all of the sudden,cold sweat started dotting my forehead.I backed up into a wall and before I knew it , our faces were lesser than an inch away.You placed your arm on the wall as if it was a barrier to prevent me from running away.My eyes widened.My heart was palpitating against my chest so hard I thought it was going to jump out of my chest.
"what...what...are...you..doing?"
You took a deep breath and sighed.Afterwards,your lips formed a thin line as your eyes met mine.You heaved a deep breath once again as your eyes enlarged a great deal.Was I in trouble?Did I do sonething wrong?I bit my lips hard and shutted my eyes.
"Which member in BTS is closest to your ideal type?"
"What?"

That was the what you wanted to do after giving me the shock of my life?
My eyelids flicked open as if it was a light switch.I stared at you in disbelief.
"Did you hear the question?"
I kept silent.




"I asked which member in BTS is closest to your ideal type."
I remained silent.What was I supposed to reply?I wasn't like the other girls who had observed each and every member close since I had been isolating myself from crowds and plus,I wasn't one to fall for guys in real life because I,who was an avid bookworm had already fallen for guys in books.If I had to choose one member?Based on my brief interactions with the members during Lunch in the cafeteria,I came to a conclusion.



I bounced off the walls and slid under your arms to get out of the small "prison"you had created.
"Jungkook."
I felt a twist in my heart as soon as the word "Jungkook"came spilling out of my mouth.Was it a lie?No,It wasn't.It couldn't be.Wait,yes,yes it was a lie but it was a white lie in my defense.I shouldn't let you know of my feelings because it was obvious that you wouldn't fall for someone like me and in addition,there was Sae Yeon,who had already given me a slap across the face,thinking that I was out to get back at her by getting close to you.I placed another scoop of ice cream into my mouth,brisk- walking a little to keep myself calm.However,you were a guy and I should have expected that you were capable of catching up with me in just a matter of seconds.Before I could turn back to check on you,you appeared beside me at the speed of lightning,with your arms crossed tightly.I had observed that you were sulking from side view.You puffed up your cheeks as you turned to face me.




"Are you sure its Jungkook?"
I could have swore at that exact moment my heart thumped again so loud that even you could hear it.What was that supposed to mean?Did you doubt my answer or did you wanted to hear something else?Or was I an open book which you had already read?Wild thoughts raced through my mind as if they were on a marathon.I was frozen thus the only thing I could do was nod.I bit my lip twice as hard.The second lie was out.
We were on the bus on the way home from the ice cream store.You kept firing questions at me as if they were bullets or something.
"So your ideal type is similar to Jungkook?"

"What makes guys like him so special?"

"You like sporty guys?"

"Or do you prefer guys who read ?""




I pretended to sleep throughtout the entire bus ride to avoid having to answer your questions.Why were you so interested in this topic?After for what seemed like a thousand miles,we reached my stop.As a habit,you too would also get off, walking me all the way home.However,the thing you didn't know was that Sae Yeon would be waiting on the sofa whenever I opened the door . She did see it,all of it in fact-you sending me home,or even you accompanying me to school and it was evident that she wasn't the least bit happy about it.We stopped a few miles away from the  front door of the mansion.You didn't know why I told you to but you still did anyway which I was thankful for.I bowed down as a sign of being polite as I turned away after saying goodbye.
"Hye Rin ah... ..."
I turned back to face you again.
"yes?"
From afar,I could see you gulping down a mouthful of saliva as your fists tightened.You had something to say but... ...
"Ah,I have forgotten what I wanted to say.It's okay!Go on ahead!Good night!"
Little did you know,I peeked out of the window that day when I got to the kitchen after washing up.You were still there and you were crying for the weirdest reason......




Maybe it was just me being observant all of the sudden.....Or maybe it was you who tried playing a delinquent student for the first time.I didn't know which one it was but the one thing I knew for sure was that you have not been attending school for the past two days.It feels as if a part of me had gone missing,even the bangtan boys who still kept my companied despite your absence during Lunch had noticed the change in me.The girl whom you had transformed to be a more outspoken,smiling one had returned to her original silent,down-casted character.I did ask them if they knew where you were but to no avail as you hadn't told them anything about where you were or what you were doing.It would be a lie if I said I didn't miss you.I knew the feelings should have been gone by now but at the same time,I knew you can't control your heart no matter how much you want to.Monthes ago when I said I would give up on you,I tried everything to forget you-running,eating,starving or even making myself busier so that my mind wouldn't be occupied with you , or the way you made me feel all day .To be honest,It was sort of funny how everything in the house reminded me of you,even the smallest and the most unnoticable things like an open book would send me to throwing back to the time in the library.I was alone,working on my mathematics sum at first until you came along.Mathematics really wasn't my cup of tea and neither was it my ace subject so I was kind of having some trouble.You settled down on the same table,setting your books to the right as you picked up a pen,along with the first book-Mathematics sum and equations,which was the exact same one I was troubling over.You sent me a grin and a "hwaiting!"sign and I watched as you tapped your pen against your chin as you pondered over the mathematics questions the way I was a few minutes ago.With that thinking look on your face,It seemed as if you were an experienced professor in some kind of University.I chuckled as an image of you in a lab coat and a pair of geek glasses flash through my mind.I couldn't contain my laughter so I ended up resting my head on the table in order to hide my face from yours.The unexpected then happened.
You shifted yourself to the seat next to mine amd rested your head on the table,tilting it to face mine.When I finally regained my composure,I sat up to find you missing from your seat.I scanned each corner of the library but there was no sign of you.You probably left without telling me... ...I had to say I felt slightly disappointed but still,I let out a sigh and carried on with my work until... ...
"Were you searching for me?"
I jumped in my seat as my eyes ran towards the source of the voice.You were beside me... ...
"no... ..."
My face started burning as if it was on fire
and I realised what had just came out of my mouth was the third lie I had ever told you to prevent myself from getting caught red-handed.
Giving up on you kinda worked out fine until the contract we both signed.I never thought you would really mean it when you said you promise you would stick to me as if we were super-glued together but I guess I should have learnt by now that the unexpected things come when you least expected it... ...




A few days later,My family got a call from the hospital about my relative who was at the last stage of cancer.She had some other disease the doctor couldn't decipher which was making it hard for her to breathe.Apparently,the X-rays or MRIs taken weren't accurate due to the huge amount of cancer cells in her body which had completely engulfed her white blood cells.The doctor had also told us that the only thing we could do was cross our fingers and pray fervantly as no one up till now had escaped the long,ruthless arms of death by cancer.The chances of her survival was slim but they became slimmer day by day as the cancer cells multipied at a rapid speed that had even bewildered the doctors.I didn't believe the crap the doctors were going on about how they did their best.To me,they were just plain excuses to free themselves of the blame they know would come to them when the machine goes "beep".I took a seat beside Seo Hyun.With all the tubes attached in to a throat,I could see her moving around occasionally out of discomfort.She looked different from the way she usually was-she looked weak and fragile.I scooped up her hand gently as i cupped it with both of mine.
"Seo Hyun ah,I know you can do it.Please don't go,leaving me like this.You still have yet to teach me the yiruma "Kiss the Rain" piano piece yet.Remember the deal?You have to promise me that you would stay beside me,okay?"
I felt a grip on my hand.My eyes widened.Seo Hyun held up her hand  despite all the wires and tubes that was inserted in it.She firmly places her hand on my head,patting it as she forced a smile.She was too weak to get up or talk so she mouthed the words"I'm sorry babo but you have to find another piano teacher"
A tear slid down my face but I was firm.
"No,I'm not going to find another piano teacher.You have to get well."
"Hye Rin ah,I'm really sorry... ..."
This couldn't be happening...I dropped Seo Hyun's hand and I headed for the door.I wasn't ready to let her leave yet.Tears fell as if it was an unturned off tap.I buried my face into my hands as I leaned against the walls.I cried so much I felt as if I was going to die right then.I felt a tap on my shoulder.
"Hye Rin,Are you okay?"
To my surprise,I looked up and the thing was,I found you.It was coincidental how we bumped into each other at the hispital but somehow,it was funny how you becane my shining knight in armour everytime I had an emergency.Was it fate's work?



4th chapter and im probably turning the story into angst again 

XD