Chapter 03

The boy named Kim Tae Hyung

Once upon a time,My life was a black and white canvas but somehow,ever since you stepped into my life,the canvas that was once plain started to fill itself with colours.You once told me that the seven colours of the rainbow each had different meanings.You said the red meant love,the orange meant trust ,the yellow meant bright,the green meant peace,the blue meant freedom and last but not least,the color purple standed for experience.However,who knew that not only the canvas was filled but the space in my heart was too?After sometime,somehow,somewhere,the only thing that occupied my mind was you.Be it rain or shine,day or night,my mind was clouded with thoughts of you.Maybe it was because you were the first who appreciated my presence,or even the first who brought color into my life......Truthfully,I myself didn't know too.I crossed my fingers for this slight tingle in my heart everytime you wave to me to vanish.I didn't dare let you know of my feelings because... ... who was I to have fallen for someone like you?You were somebody while I was a nobody.There would be no way you would accept my confession and I thought the only thing I would recieve from you was laughter.I thought you would make fun of me for falling for you who was way more worthy than me,who was just some piece of trash as the others had stated.




I started distancing myself from you because I thought I had been a big burden that was weighing down on your shoulders.I did feel sorry everytime I turned a cold shoulder towards you however,I guess it was for the better.The other girls thought that you had dumped me, and that I was just a short fling of yours.Your eyebrows would furrow everytime I walk past you as if you were invisible.It has been two weeks ever since I had adapted to this new attitude.You didn't questiom why I did but I knew that in time to come,you would.I wasn't prepared yet-both mentally and physicallyHowever,time waited for no man and unfortunately,I was right.You did ask one day and that day,we boarded the same bus home.I sat in the inside,closer to the window which would serve as a distraction from you.As usual,you took a seat beside me again.You weren't chatty like you usually were.Instead,you got straight to the point."Are you avoiding me?"I kept quiet as I bit harder on my lips which forced to bleed.




"Is it because of the insults?The scribblings on your table?Or Your clothes getting wet?"I didn't move,however,my eyes did widen.You knew about all that?But in any case,that wasn't the reason so the only word I could return was an incoherent "No".However before I was given the chance,you started again."Don't worry!I won't let them hurt or disturb you again,I promise!I told you once and im going to tell you again.I'm a man, alright?And I keep my promises,so trust me on this?"I blinked once,no,I blinked twice.At that moment,I could have swore that i saw the creases of worry appear on your face.You then turned around to reach for your backpack which you were leaning on.You undid the buckles andgrabbed your pencil , along with a fresh piece of paper.You scribbed,with your pen running all around the paper,fast and furious.I couldn't take my eyes off the sheet.

What were you doing?




I turned around to face the window again to be greeted by the view of the sea.Before I could shut my eyes,You tapped me on the shoulder.I rotated my head again,this time,I was greeted by a sheet of paper and you,who was grinning proudly as if you were a child who had done up some master piece with crayons.I took the piece of paper from your hands and i read it slowly.It was a contract......


"I,KIM TAEHYUNG,WILL PROMISE TO PROTECT LEE HAE RIN AT ALL COSTS.I PROMISE TO BE THERE FOR HER WHENEVER NEEDED AND I WILL STICK TO HER LIKE GUM IF NEEDED.THIS CONTRACT IS DATED 5/5/2015 AND WILL NOT EXPIRE WHICH MEANS THAT THIS IS A LIFETIME CONTRACT.
 

MS LEE HAE RIN,PLEASE SIGN HERE
[______________]
JUST LIKE KIM TAEHYUNG DID

[   Taehyung :) ]
THANK YOU VERY MUCH "

 

Seriously?A smiley face ?Boy,you sure are a weird one.




I felt the side of my lips curve up a bit but I bit my lip once again to make sure you didn't see it.However,somehow,someway,you caught sight of them who were trying desperately to contain a smile from breaking free.Again,you were elated.You leaned in and for a second there ,I thought I was going to die because our faces were less than an inch away.While I was in shock,you grabbed my hand .I should have pried your fingers off but something told me not to."Hye Rin,I'm really really sorry for being a burden to you.The clothes,the scribbles-I've seen it all but I just didn't have the courage to step up , but I promise I will now.I'll protect you so call me at anytime,anywhere and I'll be there, alright?Every girl needs a bulletproof vest and I'll be your bulletproof vest from now on,so don't run away from me,okay?"
I was a little flustered.Was this a confession?Maybe I was thinking too much?Maybe you had someone else in your heart?Maybe you ate something wrong before and had directed your confession at me when it was supposed to be for someone else?Maybe I was in a dream?Maybe I was kidnapped by Aliens... ...Wait,maybe I really was thinking too much.You waved your hands in front of my face,shaking me out of my daze.Before I could respond,the bus halted to a stop.Your hands found their way to mine,interlocking our fingers together as if it was a knot no one could undo.




"It's your stop,babo"
We both got of the bus as the cold air carassed our faces.Your hands still held on tightly to mine,as if your life depended on it.It would be a lie if I said I wasn't enjoying it,but was it right of me to be enjoying this?Who was I to be enjoying such a privilege?
You then spun me around to face you,holding the contract up as you extended it to me.I took both the contract and the pencil,confused.Should I sign it ?I thought to myself.



updated!