CHAPTER 16

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I wake up in my tear-stained shirt with the polaroids scattered around me. It seems like a familiar occurrence. I shake myself off and go downstairs for breakfast, finding my mom and sister eating some cereal. 

 

“Chae, that cute guy we met at the post office was running around the neighborhood today.” My mom smirks. 

 

“And…….” I roll my eyes while taking a bowl out of the cabinet.

 

“You should talk to him.”

 

“If I see him, I might.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“What are we going to do today?” Anne washes her bowl and sits at the kitchen island with us.

 

“What do you want to do?”

 

“Can we go to the amusement park?”

 

“Love Island?” Yes, it was called that.

 

She nods and my mom and I shrug, and with that we’re now going to Love. 

 

“Get ready and I’ll take you guys.” 

 

She runs upstairs, leaving me and my mom alone. 

 

“How are you feeling?” I ask her.

 

“I’m feeling a lot better.” She smiles at me and I smile back. We’ve gotten so much closer recently, I love it 

 

“Who am I going to talk to when you return to college?”

 

“You can call me.”

 

“I’m going to miss you so much.” Her voice breaks and momentarily, my heart constricts. She must feel so alone. She’s going to be completely alone after my sister goes to college.

 

—-

 

I walk out of the house wearing my running attire and my iPod in my hand. Running has become a strangely relieving activity. I used to hate any type of exercise but it calms my mind when there are so many feelings inside. The sky is dark and the wind is slowly picking up as I increase my speed. When I pass by his house, I have to stop and stare. I don’t even know why I keep torturing myself this way. The lights are on and there’s some music playing inside, but I don’t see his car in the garage. I shrug and turn away, only to find the cute guy from the post office coming towards me. He’s sweating, focusing on the music coming from his headphones. My eyes, momentarily, travel down to his glistening biceps but I look down at my shoes quickly when he catches my eye. , I hope he doesn’t think I was staring. I try to make it seem like I don’t notice him but I sense he’s staring and when I look back at him, he’s smirking. Smirking. His lips form the most attractive smirk I have ever seen. He looks cocky. And I ing love it. I stand there like a statue as he comes closer, turning off the music. His eyes are now completely focused on me and I start feeling self-conscious. My breathing becomes shallow as he takes slow steps toward me, closing the space between us. 

 

“Are you the girl from the post office?” That’s the first thing he said to me. He remembered. Oh my God.

 

“Uh, yeah, my name’s Chaerin.” I try to give him my best smile but it probably looks like a twitch.

 

“I’m Myungsoo.” He definitely knows what he’s doing. That smile, holy . 

 

“I remember you said you were in college.”

 

“I go to Stanford. You? ” Oh, wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter