Interlude 10: End of Day

Thirty Percent True

Another filming ends.

Jackson's celebratory cry is misconstrued by a simultaneous yawn. Bambam slumps and trudges to the nearest lawn chair. Youngjae and Yugyeom follow the production crew to the nearby tent on the hopes of snagging some sweets from the sympathetic ommas. Jaebum walks with off with the manager, perhaps to discuss something pertaining to the higher-ups in the big black suits back at the company building.

Jinyoung finds Mark outside of the temple building, sitting on the rocks next to the pond where Jinyoung tutored him that afternoon in preparation for a Korean culture trivia game.

“Heya” Jinyoung greets.

“Hey Nyoungie,” Mark replies, with a warm smile.

Jinyoung takes a seat beside him, and they both take a moment to scan the orange sunset without any cameras or light diffusers to obscure the view.

“The producers did one thing right after all.” Jinyoung comments. Mark turns to him, eyes blinking. “We filmed here of all places.”

Mark grins in agreement. “I just can’t wait to get back to the apartment.”

“It’s been a long day.”

“I was hoping I can sneak into your room tonight?”

Jinyoung scoffs. “Are you sure you can put up with my snoring?”

“I kinda miss it.” Mark replies, eyes shooting back. Jinyoung melts with a chuckle and a head turn in the opposite direction. “Can I use your shower again, Nyoungie?”

“I had a better idea in mind.” Jinyoung’s smile turns crooked.

Mark realizes he’s referencing the other naughty escapade the two had in Nyoung’s shower when the rest of the GOT7 boys were out. He leans his weight towards the other boy, in a playful attempt to knock Jinyoung off the rocks. His target slides off as planned, but then takes his seat back. This time, Jinyoung's arm wraps around Mark’s, and their hands clasp together.

The talk ceases and the two revel once more in the sun as it descends behind the temple buildings. Aside from the sound of the rustling leaves and the chorus of crickets, it would be almost unapparent from the silence that there was a whole production crew on site.

Jinyoung takes in the tranquility with a steady inhalation. In the motion, he leans his head on Mark’s shoulder.

“A few more weeks and we’ll be done.” Jinyoung speaks.

Mark rests his cheek on Jinyoung’s head. “You, me, and Yugyeom, and Los Angeles.”

“I still don’t get why you invited him.”

“I promised him a long time ago when we were trainees. Don’t worry I can think of some friends to keep him occupied.”

“Luckily you have me to keep you busy.”

“And you have me, Nyoungie.” Mark’s finger touches Jinyoung’s chin, lifting his head up to face him. "You have all of me."

Eyes closed, their lips meet, moving slowly and sensually. The evening breeze continues to rustle the trees, and the sunlight burns all the more brighter as it sets, as if wanting to prolong the moment. The moment itself is serene. It’s pure. It’s perfect.

Their lips part, and Jinyoung’s eyes open once more. Mark is smiling at him, hair catching the last of the daylight.

“What’s going on?”

Jinyoung turns around. A wide-eyed Yugyeom is staring back in horror.