Interlude 7: For The Fans

Thirty Percent True

It was a gloriously bright and blazing afternoon. No cloud was in sight to dim the skate park that day, though a small tent was erected for the GOT7 boys and the production crew – they were filming for a small segment on Rising Idol.

“Hey, Jinyoung check this out.”

Jinyoung walked over to Jackson and Bambam who were sitting under the tent, heads perched over a laptop. After glimpsing at the screen, a block of text immediately assaulted Jinyoung, though one word seemed to be larger than the others. In Jinyoung’s mind it raised the subsequent thought, “What the heck are they doing”.

“You’re very popular on AsianFanfic, omma.” Bambam remarked.

“Oh.” Jinyoung scratched his head. “Really?”

“Yeah, there’s an awful lot of romantic stuff between you and Mark.”

“It’s because of all the crazy things you two do on camera.” Bambam teased with playful kissy lips.

Jinyoung chuckled dryly. He had made a mental note to discuss that with Mark later on. He had never thought their public displays of affection would prompt literature.

“Are you guys actually reading that?”

“Yeah, it’s pretty good.”

“Come join us, hyung!”

Another dry chuckle escaped from Jinyoung’s lips.

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea.”

“Please, omma?!” Bambam pleaded.

Jinyoung rolled his eyes, before deciding to take a seat inbetween the two boys.

“Can you read fast in your head?” Jackson asked.

“Actually, it’s no fun when you keep reading ahead of me.” Bambam complained. “Can you read out loud, omma?”

Jinyoung sighed. “Okay, we’re starting from the beginning though.”

Jackson clicked to the beginning entry of the story they were originally browsing through.

The Wedding Date…” Jinyoung read, ceremoniously.

It was about two hours they spent reading that fiction, spread over that afternoon at the skate park, and that evening in the hotel they were staying at. The room was empty, save for the three boys huddled on a queen-sized mattress. The night rang with both laughter and laments and commentary. At the end of each chapter, one of them would demand to continue to the subsequent chapter, until the story had unknowningly been read through.

Jinyoung had read it all aloud very passionately. He took vocalizing seriously, whether it was singing or reading. Though unlike with singing, Jinyoung found himself blushing at the graphic bits. Then there were the moments that were sweet and endearing, the ones where he meant to pause and linger to savour the imagery in his head. By the end of story, his throat felt dry and weary from all the reading and laughing and explaining to innocent Bambam what was really going on between him and Jackson in the story.

Jinyoung heard muffled sniffles coming from his right by the time he finished the story.

“Are you crying, Jackson?”

Jackson wiped his tears. “That was some good writing.”

“I agree.” Bambam said, clearing his throat and rubbing his puffy eyelids.

Jinyoung was astonished – he thought he’d be the only one with tears at the end of the story.

“Yeah, it definitely was.”


A/N: I would like to pay credit to where it's due -- while I've credited the author on my blog, I also want to specifically mention the wonderful author, theninjatunaand her stunning, delightful, and endearing work titled The Wedding Date. :)