Yours and Hers

Unexpected

You didn't get to catch up with Hanbin all day after that incident, too busy assisting the other staffs with preparations for the other performers. You were however able to sneak out for some time, managing to locate a pharmacy near by to buy some medicine for him. It was something you've been wanting to do to pay him back for the scarring cream he had bought you a few days earlier. You shove the medicine into your pocket as you return back to work. 

 
"Where have you been?" Jina asks once you caught up with her again, you could see the fatigue in her face  as she busily sorts the pile of clothes in front of her out. You reach over to also start helping out. 
"No where" You reply suspiciously, shrugging your shoulders as casually as you could. 
"Alright don't tell me then" Jina cracks a smile, knowing full well you weren't going to tell her. "Ikon's performance starts at 9 by the way, let's finish this up so we can go see the clothes on stage" Jina adds as if to remind you. You nod as you begin to work faster, trying to lessen the job for your tired friend. 
 
It was just before nine by the time you had finished your work. You grab a water bottle for both you and Jina from the table of drinks in the room before rushing over to the side of the stage where she said she was going to be. 
"Here" you say, passing her the bottle. She takes it without looking at you. 
"Don't you think Hanbin looks a bit pale?" She asks as the music starts playing and the boys begin to do their thing, the loud roar of the crowd almost as loud as the music itself. 
"I think he's sick" You tell her, "I told him not to overwork, but that guy seriously doesn't know how to stop!" you yell to Jina over the loud music. She smiles, agreeing with you before you both turn your attention back to the stage. 
 
You watch the performance carefully and begin to realise for the first time how amazing the guys were. They've worked non stop for the last few days yet they seemed to have had more energy than you ever will in your life. Your little thoughts however was soon diverted to something else as you begin to notice Hanbin lagging behind the other members, his movements becoming more clumsy and uncoordinated. Jina notices it too, turning to look at you with a concerned expression.  
 
"When the music stops and the lights go off be ready to help him off stage" Jina instructs you, already aware of the situation as she runs off to prepare everything. She was made aware of situations like this long before you seeing as this was common in this industry. You drop the water bottle off to the side stepping up closer to the stage just in time as the music stops. The moment the stage became dark you could see a silhouette stumbling towards your side of the stage before falling directly into your embrace. His body was heavy but still lighter than what you had expected, his breathing rough and unsteady. 
"I...I...Just need water" Hanbin manages to utter in the state he was in, a large crowd now gathering around you two as he attempts to remove his body from you. 
"No, we need to leave now" you insist, gripping onto his arm to stop him from even trying to go back on stage. 
"I'm... Fine.." He attempts to say in his coarse voice as it begins cracking again. 
You sigh, concern eating you up, "Hanbin please.." You insisted, almost begging for him to start worrying about himself. 
He hesitates, knowing there was still another 10 minutes of  performance from the group left to do. 
"Please.." You repeat yourself , a part of you already knowing what he was going to do before  the manager's voice suddenly echoes through the darkness. 
"Go with her, I'll fix this" Lee instructs, causing an almost immediate reaction from Hanbin. You guide Hanbin out, his arm over your shoulder for support as you head into the waiting room. 
 
You bring him to the nearest couch, letting his body slide on to it softly. Now that there was light you were able to see the sweat coming down his face and the discolouration of his skin. You reach into your pocket, remembering the medicine you had bought. 
"Here" You offer, showing it to him. He takes it without a word before coughing again.
"I'll grab you some water" You tell him, quickly dashing out the room to search for some. 
 
It was about five minutes before you returned. You slowly, quietly step into the room, realising there was another person in there with him. 
 
"I know your sick but it needs to be said" You hear the girl say, realising it was Miyeon right away. "I don't like you being near that girl" she continues. You knew for sure it was about you as you slowly place yourself behind the wall, hiding yourself from the pair to hear the rest. 
"I told you, I don't like her like that" you hear Hanbin plainly reply causing you to hold your breath for a bit, his voice still weary and croaky.
"So what makes it so hard for you to stay away from her?" She asks, you could tell Miyeon was getting upset, "When we kissed a year ago you wasted no time  in keeping your distance from me, you didn't even try to sort your feelings out with me!" Miyeon raises her voice as she becomes more worked up. 
You could hear Hanbin let out a tired sigh, "Miyeon, I really can't -" he had begun to say before the sound of books loudly dropping to the ground catches them off guard. You turn around realising you were the course of the books dropping after having tried to adjust your footing. 
 
You look back up to see Miyeon glaring back at you with her arms crossed, Hanbin standing closely behind her. 
"Rude and clumsy" she mutters annoyed, pushing past you roughly and heading out of the room, slamming the door shut. 
You look back at Hanbin apologetically, feeling bad for eaves dropping on their conversation. 
"When did you come?" He asks, you could tell he wasn't happy about you being there like that either. 
You look down at the ground, "..Here's your water" You say, pushing  it out towards him, not really wanting to  answer the question. 
"When did you come?" Hanbin asks again with a rougher tone, ignoring the drink in your hand. He steps forward, closing the distance between you and him, only to stop at an arms length from you where you had left your arm that was holding onto the bottle up.
You look around trying your hardest to avoid any eye contact with him. 
"Hanbin, I'm sorry " you nervously say, bringing your other hand to rest on his chest, maintaining your distance. 
He sighs tiredly as if done with everything that has happened in the last ten minutes, "Ignore what you heard" He tells you, his voice still broken as he returns to his usual self, casually grabbing  the drink that was still wrapped in your hands off you and  walking  back to the couch, popping one of the tablets out and drinking it down. 
 
You stood in one spot, still unable to register what just happened, a weird feeling running through your body. Maybe you were a bit hurt about what he had said. Did he really not think anything of you? Does Miyeon and him really have something going on? Did you really want to know the answer? .........