Meeting

Unexpected

"I can't believe you'd do this for me" Jina puffs as you two rush to the YG building the next day, bags and other belongings barely hanging onto you guys. 

"It's not like I had anything to lose, you need a job don't you?" You smile as you both bow to the old man at the booth. His queue to allow you two entry to the building.  
"Yeah but now you're stuck with me at this place.." Jina lets out sympathetically, slowing down her pace before coming to a full stop after entering the building. You look back at her with a smile plastered across your face, also stopping to reassure her, "You are going to be late for your first day of work Jina, stop worrying about me" 
"Well then how are you going to work too ...you know with your hand like that still" she says, pointing to your bandaged left hand. 
"Right.." you said forgetting to mention, "I'm only with them for three months, plus technically I'm not really an employee here so I don't actually have to do anything except keep you company" 
Jina pauses and gives you one of her 'you-better-not-be-lying-to-me' look before speaking again,
"You're still getting paid ....right?" Jina asks, warming up to the idea, causing you to let out a laugh, 
"They'd be dead if they're not paying me!" You exclaim before you both continue on your way to the meeting room to meet with the other employees. 
_________________________________
 
You enter the room and the first thought was: 'Of course he had to be here', the moment your eyes met with Hanbin's. The meeting room was large and barely a meeting room. There was three black sofas placed facing each other in the large room with a fur rug and a large,  glassed coffee table in the middle. Big pot plants were placed strategically on each corner of the room with framed pictures of images you've never seen in your life placed evenly along the walls.  
"This is Ally and Jina" you hear after drifting out of your own thoughts. You copy Jina and bow awkwardly to show your respects. You observe everyone there slowly and they all seemed interested in what was going on but Hanbin wasn't even making an effort to look your way. You couldn't understand why he had to be so cold, when you, the one who actually got an injury from the incident can hardly remember why you were mad in the first place. 
"Since we assign teams to different groups that are doing promotions, they're not going to be any different" the lady next to you continues speaking, "and since ikon are short on stylists at the moment, Jina and Ally will be put into that team.." 
 
The moment the lady had finished her sentence you give your friend a look of urgency. 'Part of ikon's team of stylists?!' You thought to yourself, wondering why the people would do this to you when they knew full well you got into all this because of them. 
"You guys have any questions?" The lady turns to face you both expectantly. 
"Yeah actually-" you begin, only to suddenly be cut off by Jina , 
"No we're fine, thank you" she utters knowing you were going to start questioning the poor lady about the placement. 
"Good" the lady finally relaxes, finishing the brief, bowing to everyone and quickly returning to what she was supposed to be doing in the next room. 
 
Soon after, you see the seven guys of ikon also get up from their seat and  make their way towards the door. 
 
"What are you guys doing? We have to get our measurements done" Bobby looks over at you two who were still awkwardly  standing clueless in front of the other people in the room. You realise he was talking to you both and swiftly grabbed your things and followed the guys out.  
....
"How's your hand?" Bobby manages to ask you as he spots you walking by yourself behind everyone else after Jina was pulled away by two other guys from the group. 
"It's alright" you reply struggling with the bag hanging off your shoulder. 
"Did you want me to carry that" he asks, noticing your struggle. 
"No it's fine, I got it" you say, reassuring him. He nods before suddenly changing the subject. 
"You know Hanbin feels really bad about what happened a few days ago" he tells you, as if defending his friend. 
"He doesn't seem like it" you say without really thinking. 
"He's rigid like that" Bobby admits, "but he's a good kid once you get to know him" he insisted.
A cheeky smile begins to appear on your face, "You talk like you're dating him" you tease, realising how friendly bobby really was. Different to how you expected them to be after all the bad experiences you've had so far.
"As if!" He replies like it was an insult to him, "I'm not that desperate" he adds as a joke before you both walk into the medium sized room. 
 
You hear Jina being instructed to help another senior take their measurements as the ikon guys all begin to become occupied with something....except one. He walks your way after you had planted yourself down on a seat, placing himself next to you. You look at him confused, not at the fact that he wasn't being measured like everyone else as there wasn't enough stylists to do everyone but at the fact that his skin was literally touching yours since the room between you two was almost non existent.
"What?" He asks indifferently,  still looking straight ahead at the guys getting their measurements done, noticing your reaction to him. 
You break from your thoughts and turn to the same direction he's  facing. 
"Nothing..." you reply stiffly, not knowing what else to say. The same awkward feeling you felt at the salon returning again. 
...
The place between you two begins to go silent. 
"...Why aren't you doing anything?" Hanbin finally asks after a little while, catching your attention again. 
"Oh..um..I don't actually work for you guys" you explain, "Lee told me after you left that I didn't -" you tried to continue explaining before another senior you haven't seen before decided to give you an odd look, distracting you from actually answering him. 
 
Hanbin turns towards you after noticing you weren't continuing what you were saying but his eyes suddenly comes to a stop at your bandaged hand. 
"I'm sorr-" you hear him begin to say before the same senior abruptly decides to approach you two. 
"Hanbin-ah why are you talking to her" she cuts in, you could sense she was annoyed, even jealous at you two. Hanbin looks up at her, realising she was there,  taking in a deep sigh and slowly rising up from his seat. 
"Miyeon.." He begins to say before she brushes the situation off,
"It's your turn to get measured, it's not like this chick is going to be of any use" she sneers nastily, staring straight into you. 
 
You cross your arms right in front of you and return the same nasty look her way. Maybe this won't be as easy as you thought...