Harder Than You Think

Unexpected

You haven't left your apartment in a solid 3 days. You didn't know what 'going crazy' actually meant until then. You place yourself at the small dining table in your apartment, spraying the little pot plant you had bought to keep your mind occupied with water. It was the best you could do since the apartment had a 'no pet' policy. You mindlessly play around with the sprayer before a message tone catches your attention. You swiftly bring your phone into sight to check what it was.

 
'I have a box of material in the styling room, please pick them up for me' 
 
It was from Jina. She was in Japan helping out with Winner since Ikon didn't have a schedule. You reluctantly push yourself off the chair as you head to your room to find an appropriate jacket to wear out. 
 
Within 10 minutes you made your way to YG again. It felt foreign now since you hadn't visited as frequently as before. You look around every corner as you make your way to the styling room, not wanting to bump into anyone you shouldn't. You locate what you were looking for, swiftly grabbing the cardboard box off the table Jina had told you it was at before turning around to leave.
 
You've made it, you thought to yourself as you wait for the elevator to arrive, tapping lightly at the box, humming a song that you had been listening to on repeat for the last 3 days.  
 
Suddenly the elevator sings open. You look up to step in only to pause at the sight of the people inside, unable to react with your head. Hanbin stood still, Miyeon by his side. You could see Hanbin was startled by your presence there as well as he locks his eyes on to you. 
 
"Are you not coming in?" Miyeon was first to break the silence with her usual sharp voice. You shake yourself into action, reminding yourself this wasn't the place to be messing up right now. You walk in silently, placing yourself beside Miyeon. You could tell Hanbin's eyes were still on you, your sudden presence messing up any chance of him forgetting you. 
 
"I don't see you around anymore..." Miyeon speaks, no matter what the issue was she was always able to sound nasty. 
"That's because I don't come anymore" you reply, stating the obvious since it didn't seem to be apparent to her. 
She smiles, "Good, Hanbin's been functioning a lot more like himself ever since you left" she sneers, abruptly wrapping her arms around his. Hanbin looks down at her. His expression not giving any emotions off, making it even harder for you to figure out what he was thinking. He didn't push her away either which only caused more questions to enter your system. 
"Really..?" You say to give her the satisfaction she was dying for, wanting nothing more than the elevator to reach the bottom. Within a few seconds you hear the ding you thought would never come, stepping out without a second thought. 
 
"Wait!" you suddenly hear him utter  for the first time, turning around to face him again as if it was automatic. Hanbin was uneasy but he also couldn't watch you leave like this, not knowing when he'll see you again. You watch as he pulls himself away from Miyeon, Miyeon resisting at first, reluctant to let go. Hanbin steps out towards you not able to give it a second thought, a determined expression plastered on his face, letting the elevator door close itself again, leaving an unsatisfied  Miyeon behind. 
 
You look at him, the box still tight in your arms. 
"I have something to say, don't leave.. at least not right now.." He asks of you, almost begging. You unknowingly, suddenly loosen your grip on the box, a sense of the old Hanbin returning. You were conflicted however. If you stayed you knew it could go both way but with one month of the contract left you didn't want to leave regretting things either. You nod as you follow him to the cafeteria. 
_________________________________
"Are you hungry?" He asks you as you place yourself opposite from him on the seats, putting the box down on the table to your right. 
You shake you head, "What is it you wanted to say?" You ask.
 
Hanbin scratches the back of his head before also sitting down, knowing even if he wanted to buy some time with you it wasn't going to work. 
"..Come back" he lets out after a bit of hesitation. You look up at him confused, why would he even ask that of you?
"With you gone, the workload doubled for your friend.." He says, trying to avoid the real reason he wants you back. You continued your silence, unsure of what he was getting at. 
 
He sighs, "For what happened....I'm sorry" he tells you, "..Don't stop coming because of what I did. If someone's going to sacrifice something it should be me." he adds, finally letting all the words he wanted to say to you roll out his mouth. 
 
You let his words linger at you for a few moment, not at all expecting what he was saying. You give his words some thought, knowing you really didn't want to be stuck at home alone any longer either. 
"Alright.." You let out, "I'll be back tomorrow" you tell him as you simultaneously hop up from your seat, bringing the box back into your arms. He watches as you gesture a goodbye to him before turning around to leave. 
...
Finally, Hanbin was able to breathe comfortably again. At least now he'll be able to see your face again, to make sure you're okay.
_________________________________
You were at YG bright and early the next day, glad you were able to be back again. Since no one was there that morning apart from a few trainees  collecting new timetables for their lessons, you really had nothing to do. Aimlessly you wandered around the building before deciding to head up to level two. Unknowingly you make your way to the practice room, following the loud music and chatter of the Ikon guys. You could recognise their voice from a mile away.
 
They wave to you almost immediately after seeing your presence in the room before B.I's words brings them back to focus. They had a showcase in Thailand in a couple of weeks and Hanbin was doing everything he could to crunch in practice since they have a full week of recording left to do. 
 
You sat around a bit before realising the lack of water in the room for the guys. You push yourself up, locating seven bottles of water not far from the practice room. You bring them back just in time, Hanbin allowing them a ten minute break. 
The tired guys take the water from you gratefully, dropping down anywhere they could. 
 
"Where did Bobby go?" You suddenly ask, seeing he wasn't around. 
"Bathroom" Donghyuk tells you, still puffing. Hanbin now making his way over to the group, taking the second last bottle in your hand without a word. You give it to him, they were all too puffed out to even speak. 
"What's with you and Bobby anyways?" Donghyuk, who seemed to have the most energy asks.
"Me and Bobby??" You repeat his words, unsure of how he made that connection. Jinhwan darts Hanbin a look, knowing exactly how Hanbin felt about you. 
He nods, "You don't know?" Donghyuk asks as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Junhoe and Yunhyung agrees, "We all know" Junhoe adds before sipping his drink again. 
"What's there to know?" You ask, a nervous giggle escaping you as you catch a glimpse of Hanbin's unhappy face. 
"He's obviously into you, do you not see the way he acts with you?" Donghyuk questions
"He touches me a lot but that's part of his personality" you say, becoming a little unsure now. 
"No...I mean yeah he's touchy-feely" Donghyuk speaks, "but not to this extent, he hugs you every chance he gets, always holding your hand, keeping you by his side". You stand still, thinking back to all the times it happened, 
"And!" Junhoe suddenly adds, remembering the incident from a few days ago, "that day he showed up while you were in the styling room by yourself...he actually snuck out of practice to ask you to go eat with him cause he was worried about you but you ended up talking to Hanbin and running out without telling him so he was never able to talk to you properly" 
Both Jinhwan and You turn to Hanbin. He clutched tight onto the water bottle, de-shaping it before the door of the practice room opening distracts all seven of you. 
 
Bobby walks into the room with the same playful expression on his face as usual, clueless to what had happened. 
"Hey, what's with all the staring" Bobby smirks playfully as he reaches the group, 
"We were just wondering when you and Ally were gonna make it official" Junhoe fills him in causing an even wider grin to show up on his face. 
Suddenly and without warning he grabs a hold of you, pulling you into his arms, "How about now, babe?" He chuckles. You give him a look before hitting him playfully on the chest but Junhoe, Donghyuk and Yunhyung didn't get the joke, a shocked expression plastered on their face. 
 
The playful atmosphere didn't last long however as you suddenly feel a hand clasp around your wrist, pulling you with force to the other side. It was Hanbin. 
He pulled you to his side, his hand not letting go of your wrist. 
 
"Don't do things like this to her anymore" Hanbin says sternly across to Bobby, almost as if warning him. 
 
You look at him with a confused expression. All eyes on him now as the atmosphere becomes stuffy. Hanbin turns to you, his eyes meeting with yours as an expression you've never seen before takes over his face, a hint of jealousy running through his body.
 
Why can't he seem to get over you? ....