‘‘I want to keep this happy memory.’’

(Goddesses & Lost Boys) You and Me Dancing Till the Break of Dawn

Announcement: I've changed the girls' DPs and added pictures to their profile. Don't ask. I'm just never satisfied. >_<

 

***

 

When the girls arrived at the recording studio of Park Haneul’s radio show, she was discussing the script with the writers. She turned to greet them. As a radio host, she was the kind of person that gets along well with everyone. She told them how much she enjoyed their song even though she probably said that to all her guests.

One of the writers gave them the script and asked them to wait until the end of the lunch break show. Haeri sat on the only available chair, but the other had to stand up. Nayeon found it difficult to focus on her reading of the script because the memory of her date with Soohyun were still very fresh. She pictured every detail in her head: his laugh, his kind words, the cap he had put on her head. She shook her head to stop these thoughts and continued reading.

Haeri hadn’t even tried to smile to Haneul and the staff. She was wearing a hat and big glasses. She hadn’t brushed her hair and had picked random clothes to wear. She had had a row with Jenny in the car and didn’t want to talk to anybody. Nobody understood what was happening to her. She wasn’t acting like her normal self. Her manager asked to talk to her. She reluctantly followed him outside where he tried to discover what was going on with her, but she didn’t want to tell him. Even she didn’t know why AJ’s words had affected her so much. He was nothing to her.

The lunch break show finally ended and they entered the studio. Sunha and Jenny sat together and waved at the cameras that aired the show live on the Internet. Jenny didn’t want to sit with Haeri who sat next to Nayeon instead. The show started and the girls introduced themselves. They lively chatted with Haneul until she asked them to sing Goddess. They got up from their seat and went to the microphones. While they were singing, one of the writers entered the studio and whispered something to Haneul. The writer stayed a little longer because Haneul showed her something on the screen. After the song, Haneul said they had the time for a little chat with a lucky fan.

‘‘Yeoboseyo?’’ she said.

[‘‘Annyeonghaseyo, Haneul-nuna.’’] a guy replied on the phone.

‘‘How old are you?’’ Rika asked.

[‘‘Too young to be called ‘oppa’ by any of you.’’]

‘‘Who’s your favourite member in Aurora?’’ Haneul asked.

[‘‘I’m Sunha-chingu’s number 1 fan.’’]

They all smiled at this at this cute answer.

‘‘Didn’t you say that you’re younger?’’ [A/N: Chingu means ''friend of the same age.'']

‘‘Ya! Nae dongseang! I know it’s you.’’ Sunha cheerfully said.

‘‘Wae! Wae!’’ Jenny said, confused.

[‘‘Sunha-ya, you should show more respect to your sunbae!’’]

‘‘Who is it?’’ Rika asked.

‘‘Could it be… Dongho-ssi?’’ Nayeon said.

[‘‘Ne. Annyeonghaseyo, everyone. I’m U-KISS’s Dongho.’’]

‘‘It’s been a while. Will U-KISS come back to my show someday?’’ Haneul asked.

[‘‘Yes, of course, nuna.’’]

‘‘Now tell me: are Sunha-ssi and you friends?’’

‘‘Yes, we are.’’ Sunha and Dongho replied at the same time.

‘‘Dongho-ssi, we don’t have much time left, but can you tell us a secret about Sunha-ssi?’’ Haneul asked.

[‘‘She’s jealous of Nayeon-nuna because she gets all the attention as ‘U-KISS’s biggest fan’.’’]

Haneul laughed and thanked Dongho for his call.

[‘‘Sunha-ya! Fighting!’’, Dongho shouted before hanging up.]

After that, Haneul couldn’t resist, but talking about U-KISS with the members of Aurora.

‘‘Everybody talks about U-KISS and Aurora these days. I can read the name ‘‘U-KISS’’ in most of the messages we received since the beginning of the show. There’s also this NaHyun thing. What does that mean?’’

Jenny laughed awkwardly.

‘‘It’s the couple name the netizens started using when they talk about Nayeon and U-KISS’s Soohyun.’’ Rika said.

‘‘Couple name?’’

‘‘Two days ago, Soohyun-ssi and I appeared on a variety show. We actually met for the first time that day. Because we were shy and awkward towards each other, I think a lot of people misunderstood what happened. This situation is embarrassing.’’

The director of the show motioned Haneul to move on because they weren’t supposed to talk about U-KISS. Nayeon was relieved and the others members as well because they had to keep the date secret. They knew that netizens would have analyzed their every word if they had said anything suspicious. Haneul asked Rika to get ready to sing her solo song. During the rest of the show, the radio station received countless of messages related to U-KISS, not only about Nayeon and Soohyun, but also about Sunha and Dongho. The writers asked Haneul to ignore them and simply follow the script because there were a lot of harsh comments.

 

***

 

Aurora’s Nayeon and U-KISS’s Soohyun get themselves talked about… again

Celebrity News | Posted on 2011-10-17 16:19

A few days ago, it was reported that U-KISS’s Soohyun might have feelings for Aurora’s Nayeon. After their appearance on the variety show Quiz that Changes the World, a lot of people started to pay attention to them either in good or in bad way.

Those who watched Saturday’s episode will remember that Soohyun asked Nayeon out on a date while talking Japanese with her. Well, it seems that Nayeon has the same wish. Earlier this morning, she tweeted: ‘‘I dreamed of [Soohyun] last night. We were on a date. (laughter)’’.

Her message generated a huge reaction, not only on Twitter, but on the entire cyberspace. The replies to her message were diverse. While some people encouraged her to really date Soohyun, others questioned the authenticity of the message saying that Nayeon isn’t the kind of person to make such declaration. Of course, there were also a lot of offensive messages.

Moreover, as if Nayeon’s message wasn’t enough to infuriate the fans, Soohyun replied that he hoped ‘‘he had treated her well [on this imaginary date]’’. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. The situation became uncontrollable.

A few hours later, Soohyun had no choice but to apologise to his fans saying: ‘‘I’m sorry. I understand that you are upset, but I was only joking. I won’t ask you to forgive me. I will only ask you to stop writing these bad things about Nayeon-ssi. I’m convinced that she was also joking to put an end to the embarrassment that the recording of the show put us through.’’

On a radio show that Aurora attended during the afternoon, Nayeon told something that could confirm what Soohyun said: ‘‘Two days ago, Soohyun-ssi and I appeared on a variety show. We actually met for the first time that day [of the recording]. Because we were shy and awkward towards each other, I think a lot of people misunderstood what happened. This situation is embarrassing.’’

Furthermore, a lot of people started to call them NaHyun, proving that they have already gained the status of ‘‘pairing’’ among fans and netizens alike.

 

 

[Today’s hot issues] 48th Daejong Film Awards, Invincible Youth 2, SECRET, SM Entertainment

 

[Related articles]

☞ U-KISS’s Soohyun has a crush on Aurora's Nayeon?

☞ U-KISS’s Soohyun impresses by singing 3 songs live in spite of vocal cord nodule

☞ U-KISS halts “Neverland” promotions due to Soohyun’s vocal cord nodule diagnosis

☞ Aurora’s Nayeon is a fan of U-Kiss

 

***

 

After the radio show, the girls went to NL Entertainment building. They had a vocal practice planed as well as a Japanese class to attend. Nayeon had an extra piano lesson and Sunha had to meet her tutor for the classes she had missed that day. Rika and Jenny took a break, but Haeri went to the dance practice room. When she danced, she was able to forget everything else. It seemed like her mind was turned off. There was only her, the music, and the floor.

After her piano lesson, Nayeon went into the office. It was late and the workers were already gone. She e of the computers on and slowly typed her name into Naver. She was afraid of what she would find. All day, she hadn't touched her phone after Soohyun had turned it off. She didn't know what had happened after and if the messages sent to the radio station were about her tweet or not. Exactly how many people had read her tweet?

As expected, an article had been posted a few hours before. The title embarrassed her a lot. It sounded derogatory. She read the article and was surprised to learn that Soohyun had apologized. She felt half guilty and half happy because he had tried to protect her even though it was all her fault. The fact that the author had quoted what she had said on the radio show proved that the media was always on the lockout for some juicy events. She scrolled the page down and read a few comments.

 

mpse 10.17. 19:47

Nayeon is pathetic. She thinks she will become more popular if she creates a scandal. She should work on her social skills instead because she's obviously lacking in that area.

arrj 10.17. 19:31

Girls like her can get everything they want. She made Soohyun-oppa fall for her just for fun and now she laughs at it. I hate her! People say she has charisma, but I rather think she's cold and arrogant.

hpym 10.17. 19:22

She should stay away from Soohyun. She doesn't have half of the talent he has. NLE added Jenny as a the lead vocalist of Aurora because they know it. I don't care if she becomes a model or even an actress, but I don't know why they give her a microphone.

flcj 10.17. 18:36

I'm not a KISS ME, but I think that Soohyun didn't have to apologise for that. Nayeon should take her responsibility and apologise herself. Her tweet was inappropriate.

pl69 10.17. 18:32

I would like to cut this 's hair, so that she'll be less beautiful.

rim0 10.17.  18.28

I love NaHyun! I hope they will date for real and create an epic scandal that will force Aurora and U-KISS to disband. They are useless.

 

Nayeon was shocked and saddened by the last comment. She realized that her impulsive idea to tease netizens and the media with her tweet was a very very bad idea. She wasn't the only one involved. Aurora, U-KISS, and Soohyun were also targeted. She wanted to apologise to U-KISS's fans and hers, but most importantly, she wanted to apologise to Soohyun.

She turned her phone on and saw that she had four missed calls. Three were from her mom and another was from one of her few close friends. She started searching through the incoming-call history. There was a private number, but she knew it could only be Soohyun. She called him and waited. She was nervous, but not because she would talk to him. No, she was nervous because he might not pick up. She thought that she wouldn't be able to sleep if they didn't talk.

[''Yeoboseyo! Nayeon-ah?''], she heard.

She startled in surprised. Hearing his voice sent a warm feeling through her body, but hearing him saying her name felt like she had sparks in her chest... not to say heart. She remained silent for a moment because she realized that she had called without knowing was she would say.

[''Nayeon-ah?'', he repeated. ''Gwenchana? ...Say something, I'm worried.'']

''Uhm... Am I disturbing you, right now?''

[''No, no! You will never disturb me. Are you alright?'']

''I think we should talk about... what happened today. Are you sure you have the time?''

[''Well, the dance practice will resume soon, but... you're more important. Wait.'']

She heard voices, laughter, and some creaking sounds over the phone. It seemed like he was walking on a hardwood floor. Then, a door closed and it became silent.

[''I'm alone now. We can talk.'']

''First of all, I want to apologise for my impulsive act. I shouldn't have tweeted this message. I wanted to arouse the media's attention. I got what I wanted, but it was a mistake. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.''

[''Don't be sorry. My fans wrote so many bad comments about you. I should be the one apologising.'']

''But... Nothing would have happened if I hadn't written this.''

[''Nothing would have happened if I hadn't asked you out. And by ''nothing'' I mean ''absolutely nothing.'' We wouldn't be talking right now. I wouldn't even have you phone number. We wouldn't have eaten together this morning... I want to keep this happy memory.'']

''We are friends, right?'' she asked.

[''We are. I need to practice now, but don't hesitate to call me again. I'll be there for you.'']

''Practice well and have a good night... oppa.''

[''Good night, Nayeon-ah.'']

''In fact, I also need to practice.''

[Practice well, then. Will you... dream of me, tonight?'']

''Ya!''

They both laughed and said their last goodbye before hanging up. Soohyun opened the door and saw Dongho, Kevin, and Eli running to the practice room. It was obvious that they had been listening to his conversation. He didn't really mind. Nayeon and he were only friends after all.

''Well?''

He turned and saw Hoon leaning against the wall of the corridor. He had almost finished eating an apple and looked at Soohyun with a smirk.

''Is she your girlfriend, now? Is it official?

''No, she's not. We're only friends and it's still a little bit awkward between us.''

''From what I heard, it's not awkward anymore. You sounded like a boyfriend talking to his girlfriend just now.''

''No, I didn't!''

''Guys, it's time to practice.'' their manager said as he arrived. ''Your affairs of the heart can wait.''

The moment they entered the practice room, the boys started to tease their leader. Soohyun couldn’t help but smile because he felt good rather than mad. His friendship with Nayeon made him happy. The way s were reacting to it proved that they approved it even though a scandal could harm the group in the future.

 

***

 

 

***

 

A/N: I can't believe I wrote such horrible things. I don't like antis (of any groups) and I try to ignore them. Writing these comments to the article was really heartbreaking. T^T

Starting from next week, I don't know how often I will be able to update. I've been writing this fanfic at work since the beginning, but there is only one week left. I'm not sure if I will have the time to write during my winter break (Dec. 17 - Jan. 8) and after that I'm going back to school which means I'll have homework again. >_< Please, stay by side. I'll do my best.