‘‘Looks like you won’t be able to avoid them today.’’

(Goddesses & Lost Boys) You and Me Dancing Till the Break of Dawn

A/N: I know I’ve been trying to base this fanfic on real events, but let’s pretend that Dongho and Soohyun didn’t record Quiz That Changes the World on September 1st, but on October 6th with Nayeon, Rika, and Sunha. Okay? ^^

 

***

 

 

***

 

Just after a fansigning, Aurora's manager dropped Haeri and Jenny at the NL Entertainment building before heading to MBC with Sunha, Rika, and Nayeon. They were scheduled to appear as guests on the variety program Quiz That Changes the World. There wasn't that much time left before the recording, but they weren't late.

In the car, Sunha was busy reading her script for the drama A Thousands Kisses. She smiled reading the scene in which she was going to play opposite 4minute's Jihyun. Rika was listening to music with her Ipop, but seemed to have fallen asleep. As for Nayeon, she was looking through the window, worried about the dance she had prepared for the show.

As soon as they arrived in the underground parking, Nayeon woke Rika up and told Sunha to hurry. Because she took the lead, their manger knew he didn't have to worry. Rika had good leadership, but she sometimes lacked discipline especially when she was tired like that day or in bad mood.

Everyone, including their coordi-unnies went out of the car and quickly walked toward the entrance. A guy from the staff welcomed them. He notified the show’s filming crew of their arrival using his walky-talky.

‘‘Are we very late?’’ Aurora’s manager asked.

‘‘Yes, but we’re still waiting for U-KISS.’’

Everyone’s eyes widened. Rika and Sunha looked at Nayeon with their mouth wide open. Their coordi-unnies were as excited as them. Nayeon was numb.

‘‘Looks like you won’t be able to avoid them today.’’ Rika said.

Nayeon turned to their manger and said: ‘‘Oppa, I can’t be on this show! Call the PD or the producer or- or anybody, but cancel our appearance.’’

‘‘Impossible. They are about to start filming and we are already here. Calm down Nayeon. Why do you suddenly act like a spoiled kid?’’

‘‘I’m not!’’

‘‘Yes, you are.’’ Rika, Sunha and their two coordis said at the same time.

‘‘U-KISS has arrived.’’ the guy from the staff said in his walky-talky.

Everyone turned and saw Dongho going out of a car. Nayeon quickly reacted by pushing Sunha inside and told the others to follow them. Their manager grinned as he watched Nayeon dragging Sunha through the corridors. He was going to enjoy that recording, he thought.

As soon as she entered the waiting room, Rika sat right away into one of the chairs in front of the mirror. She wanted to rest a little bit more, but one the coordis started fixing her hair. There wasn’t that much preparation needed since their makeup had already been done earlier that day because of their fansigning. Sunha took a bunch of paper secured with a clip; it was the script for the recording. The topics they were supposed to discuss were all listed in order.

‘‘Unnies, listen to this! ‘MC Park Mi Sun will then ask Kim Nayeon to discuss her love for U-KISS’.’’

‘‘What!’’ Nayeon yelled.

‘‘Really? Ah, I like this writer.’’ Rika said with her eyes still closed.

Nayeon started biting her nails. She walked back and forth in the waiting room until someone came and asked them to go on the set. On their way, they went past U-KISS’s waiting room. She was so stressed that she hold her breath. She didn’t even know why she felt that way. Fans are usually happy to meet their idols. Why was she so stressed? Her kind maknae Sunha held her hand and she felt a little bit better.

They approached the set and Nayeon felt relieved when she saw the other guests. She thought that they wouldn’t put too much attention on her since it wasn’t a show for idols. Rika, Sunha, and she greeted everyone from afar. The MCs and some guests went toward them to welcome them in person. Dongho and whoever was going to be on the show with him weren’t there yet.

A man from the crew brought them their mics. While Nayeon was busy putting the mic on her shirt with one of her coordi’s help, she heard Dongho and another guy’s voices. She raised her head and saw Dongho and Soohyun bowing to everyone. She tried her best to act as normally as possible. Everyone had read the script, including that part about ''her love for U-KISS.'' Therefore, the MCs and the other guests would make assumption, if she started acting shy.

Since Soohyun and Dongho had arrived, the PD told everyone to sit. Sunha, Rika, and Nayeon's tables were on the right while Soohyun and Dongho's were on the left. Nayeon didn't even dare to look at any of the guests on the left. A few minutes later, the filming started. Park Mi Sun, Lee Hwi Jae, and Kim Gura began with their usual introduction. U-KISS and Aurora smiled and laughed at the other guests' conversation. They played the games, but remained silent. On that show, idols, and especially less popular idols like them, weren't expected to say much. They patiently waited for their turn to come. Nayeon's nervousness was very high because she was supposed to be the first one to talk.

After a while, the PD decided to give everybody a break. Nayeon quickly returned to their waiting room without even looking back to see if Sunha and Rika were following her. The two of them entered the waiting room a little later. Rika scowled Nayeon saying that talking about ‘‘her love for U-KISS’’ would be less stressful if she went to talk to Dongho and Soohyun during the break. Obviously, Nayeon didn’t want to. Rika didn’t insisted, partly because she was extremely tired and wanted to rest during the break. The waiting room was soon calm enough for Sunha to continue reading her script.

The break ended after fifteen minutes. Everybody return on the set and the cameras started rolling again. The moment Nayeon was escaping came.

‘‘Today, we have five idols on the show: Neverland’s lost boys, U-KISS’s Soohyun and Dongho, and the goddesses of dawn, Aurora’s Rika, Nayeon, and Sunha.’’ MC Lee Hwi Jae said.

They all smiled at the titles the MC had given them.

‘‘From what I heard, U-KISS and Aurora have special connection that links them. Apparently, Nayeon-ssi is big fan of U-KISS. Is that true?’’ MC Park Mi Sun asked.

‘‘Ah… yes.’’ Nayeon answered with a shy smile.

‘‘Did you know?’’ MC Kim Gura asked Dongho and Soohyun.

‘‘Yes, we read the article.’’ Soohyun answered.

‘‘But we haven’t had the opportunity to thank her yet.’’ Dongho added.

The MCs and some guests seemed surprised.

‘‘But, you must meet often.’’

‘‘Not that often and our promotion cycle has just started.’’ Rika said.

‘‘Nayeon-ssi, what exactly do you like about U-KISS?’’

Everyone turned at her. They were all patiently waiting to learn her answer. Even Rika and Sunha wanted to know. They knew she loved to listen and sing along to their songs, watch their performances, read articles about them. They have even caught her trying to imitate the choreography for Neverland once. However, they didn’t know why she loved them so much.

‘‘Hmm… Well, when I first saw them perform Neverland, I liked the choreography a lot. The song was very good too.’’

‘‘Ah, kamsahamnida.’’ Dongho and Soohyun said.

Nayeon looked directly at them for the first time since she had started talking.

‘‘Now, that I know a little bit more about them, I think we are alike. It’s been over three years since U-KISS’s debut and two years and a half since Aurora’s debut. We both never won any awards in Korea, but we are still confident and we never stop improving. U-KISS has experienced some rough times, but they never stop smiling and doing their best no matter what. I would like to have this strength they have. When I listen to their music, it seems like they give me some courage. It’s been about half a month since I bought their album and I’ve listened to it every day. I honestly don’t know how I could spend one day without hearing their voices. They help me relax after a long day promoting and practicing. They give me energy when I’m tired. They bright my mood up when I would like to give up everything and just go home.’’

Everyone kept silent for a few seconds after she had finished talking. They were all shocked by her honesty.

‘‘Nomu kamsahamnida.’’ Soohyun said again.

‘‘Soohyun-ssi, I don’t think thanking her is enough.’’ MC Kim Gura said. ‘‘She seems to truthfully love you.’’

Soohyun got up and walked towards Nayeon extending his right hand. Dongho followed him. Nayeon got up as well and held their hands. The three of them then bowed deeply. Rika and Sunha looked at each other. They hadn’t expected that to happen. Where did the shy Nayeon go?