''I feel like we're a big fish the media would be happy to overcook if we get caught.''

(Goddesses & Lost Boys) You and Me Dancing Till the Break of Dawn

Announcements:

I changed the title of my fanfic again. I promise it will be the last time because I really like this one. While I was working on this chapter, I listened to Neverland for the umpteenth time and I heard this: ‘‘You, me, and the DJ dancing till the break of dawn’’. I was like: ‘‘OMG! Aurora is the goddess of the dawn!’’ I came out with a meaningful explanation. Please, read it in the forward!

To celebrate Nayeon and Soohyun's first date, I got a poster thanks to MoniiVann! I owe her 1000 hugs and kisses now. keke

 

***

 

It was silent in Aurora’s dorm. The girls were still sleeping since they had come back very late after their practice. Everyone, including their manager, was taking some well-deserved rest. In the room that Haeri and Jenny shared, the sound of an alarm clock woke them up. Jenny mumbled Haeri to turn it off and hid her face under her blanket. Haeri got up and turned it off. She then left the room and went into the bathroom. She looked at her reflection in the mirror. Memories from her conversation with AJ were haunting her. She didn’t want to ‘‘play matchmaker’’ anymore. ‘‘Matchmaker.’’ That’s how he had called her. She hated him for what he had said.

‘‘You should find somebody to love instead. Even a one-sided love has more to offer.’’ she whispered to her reflection.

She took a shower and kept the water flowing for a very long time. After a while, she heard Jenny calling her from the other side of the door. She was complaining because time was flying and they hadn’t told Nayeon about her date yet. She also heard their manager’s voice who urged her to get out because she was using too much hot water. When she finally came out of the bathroom, she rushed to her bedroom and slid under the blanket with her hair still dripping wet.

‘‘Haeri, your hair is soaked with water. I won’t allow you to sleep like that. You’ll catch a very bad cold.’’ her manager said.

‘‘Sleep!’’ Jenny said. ‘‘No, no, no! Hae, have you forgotten what we are supposed to do this morning?’’

‘‘I don’t care anymore.’’ she said in a hushed voice.

‘‘What!’’ Jenny yelled.

‘‘What are you talking about. Jihye, what’s going on?’’ their manger asked.

‘‘Yesterday… in U-KISS’s waiting room… Haeri and I organized a date for Nayeon and Soohyun-ssi. I don’t know why she’s acting like that now.’’

‘‘What were you thinking about? This is ridiculous. You can’t force Nayeon to go out with Soohyun-ssi if she doesn’t want to.’’

‘‘I’m sure she does. Anyway, I think it’s too late to cancel this date now. Soohyun-ssi probably already knows about it by now. He could call at any moment.’’

Her manager sighed and decided to ask Nayeon what she wanted to do. Jenny and he went to Sunha, Nayeon, Rika’s room. It was a little bit bigger than the other one. Nayeon slept in the bottom berth of the bunk bed she shared with Sunha. Their manager bended down to be at her level and woke her up.

‘‘Oppa? What time is it?’’ she asked in a sleepy voice.

‘‘It’s time to wake up.’’

‘‘Jihye?’’ she said when she noticed that Jenny was standing in the middle of the room.

‘‘I’m sorry, unnie. I know you will be mad at me for what I did.’’

‘‘What?’’

‘‘Jihye and Haeri kind of… organized a date for you.’’ their manager said.

‘‘Heh! A-a date?’’

‘‘Yes, with Soohyun-ssi.’’

‘‘What! No! Oppa, do something, please. I don’t want to go on a date with him.’’ she said loud enough to wake Sunha and Rika up.

‘‘I’m sorry. I can’t do anything. He might already be on his way. You can still turn him down when he gets here if you want.’’

‘‘Nayeon-ah, if you don’t go on this date, I swear, I’m not talking to you anymore.’’ Rika said.

Suddenly, Nayeon’s phone started vibrating on the nightstand.

‘‘Omo! It’s Soohyun! He’s already here!’’ Jenny said.

‘‘Impossible. He doesn’t have my phone number.’’

‘‘He does actually.’’ Rika said. ‘‘Haeri wrote it in the CD we gave them.’’

‘‘What! Is there anything else I should know?’’

‘‘Can’t you just pick up his call? He will feel stupid if you don’t. Don’t do that to him.’’ Sunha said without looking at them.

Rika, Jenny, and their manager looked at Nayeon who took her phone, which was still vibrating, and answered it.

‘‘Yeoboseyo?’’

[‘‘Ah, annyeonghaseyo, Nayeon-ssi.’’]

‘‘Is it… Soohyun-ssi?’’

[‘‘Yes.’’]

It became silent. Jenny asked Nayeon what Soohyun was saying, while Rika asked her what she wanted to do. She had to decide quickly.

‘‘I’m not ready yet. I need fifteen more minutes. Is that okay with you?’’

[‘‘Yes!’’]

Soohyun hung up. He felt very happy and nervous at the same time. To him, it seemed like all the butterflies in his stomach had taken off at the same time and created a storm. That feeling was stronger than he had expected.

Earlier that morning, he had been awakened by Kevin who told him about this date. He thought he was joking, but Hoon called a few minutes later saying the same thing. Although he was nervous at the thought he would go out with Nayeon, not even once he had considered to stand her up. Kevin was right. It wasn’t his style. He had wisely chosen his clothes and made sure to bring enough money. With his car, which he didn’t use often, he had driven to the address Kevin had given him. Everything was perfect, but he didn’t know that Nayeon was actually running in her dorm.

Twenty five minutes later, Soohyun saw her at the moment she came out of her apartment building. He looked at her with fascination. It took him a few seconds to realize that she didn’t know which car he was in. When he finally got out of his car, she bowed and formally greeted him. He did the same thing even though he wanted her to use banmal.

He opened the door for her, which made her heart flutter. However, when they were alone in the car, they felt more shy than awkward. A lot of things had happened to them since they had met during the recording of Quiz that Changes the World. All the articles and all the teasing were enough for them to wonder what kind of feelings they had for one another.

‘‘What do you want to do?’’

‘‘I don’t know. 30 minutes ago, I didn’t even know we were going to meet.’’

She bit her lower lip because she regretted what she had just said. She had involuntarily revealed that she had prepared in less than 30 minutes.

‘‘Do you want to eat okonomiyaki?’’ Soohyun asked.

‘‘We should eat breakfast instead. Don’t you think so?’’

‘‘Ah, yes.’’

‘‘Are we going?’’ Nayeon asked because the car was still parked.

As Soohyun was driving, it was silent in the car, but Nayeon badly wanted to talk. She badly wanted to get to know Soohyun. She couldn’t bear the shyness and the awkwardness anymore. Although she had asked her manager to cancel this date, deep inside, she was happy to be with Soohyun.

''I feel like we're a big fish the media would be happy to overcook if we get caught.'' she said, as an attempt to lighten the atmosphere.

Soohyun laughed and she smiled.

‘‘I know right? The media can create rumours out of anything. With the latest articles published about us, we are a big fish indeed. The media will be more than pleased to reveal that we are a couple. They will assert that they expected our scandal.’’

‘‘You make it sounds as if we’re really dating.’’

‘‘Ah, mianhe. I meant that it would SEEM obvious to others.’’

They struggled to keep their conversation flowing, but at least they were talking. A few minutes later, Soohyun found a parking lot. Nayeon was about to open the door, but he told her to wait. She thought he wanted to open it for her, but he had something else in mind. He leaned towards her. Their faces were only a few inches apart. She held her breath and started to blush. However, Soohyun eventually turned his head to the right. She then realized that he was looking for something on the backseat. He held two caps in his hands.

‘‘I thought we should wear these. I don’t want you to get in trouble because of me.’’

‘‘Thank you.’’ she said, before taking one of them.

Nayeon got out of the car before Soohyun had the time to open the door for her. When he arrived near her, she put the cap on her head and looked at him. He smiled because she was wearing one of his personal belongings and it made him feel good.

‘‘Do I look like myself?’’

‘‘You look… even prettier.’’

‘‘Gojitmal. I don’t have a lot of makeup on.’’ she said in a cute voice.

‘‘It explains why.’’ he whispered.

They started to walk in a street full of restaurants, little cafes, and boutiques. To hide their faces, they slightly bowed their head every time someone passed by them. They entered the restaurant that seemed to have the fewer customers in it and chose a table at the back. A waitress came to give them the menu. They felt relieved because she didn’t seem to have recognized them even though they had taken their caps off. They ordered and tried to talk again.

‘‘I watched your performance on Inkigayo yesterday.’’

‘‘You shouldn’t have. It was definitely not our best performance.’’

‘‘I actually think it was YOUR best. I didn’t know you have such a beautiful voice.’’

‘‘Oh, it’s nothing compared to yours. No matter how many times I tried, I still can’t hit your high notes when I sing U-KISS's songs.’’

She bit her lip for the second time that day. Once again, she had involuntarily revealed something about her.

‘‘You sing our songs?’’, he asked smiling.

‘‘Yes. You don’t know? I’m the media’s favourite KISS ME. Everything I say and write about you becomes a hot topic. Look, I’ll show you.’’

Nayeon took her phone out of her purse.

‘‘What should I write? Ah! I know.’’

 

 

‘‘You even mentioned me!’’ he said, after looking at Nayeon’s phone.

A lot of people replied to her tweet. Some encouraged her to date Soohyun for real, while others said they were confused and wondered if her account had been hacked. They couldn’t believe she had dared to say that. Some of the tweets she received were really suppressing and made her laugh.

 

 

‘‘What did you do?’’ she asked with a big smile.

She looked at him and saw that he was also holding his phone.

‘‘I joined the conversation.’’

‘‘It will worsen the situation.’’

‘‘This time, I’m not the one who started it.’’, he said, giggling.

They were amused at the replies they received. The waitress brought their meal, but they didn’t eat. 

 

 

A couple of harsh comments began to popup. Obviously, some KISS MEs didn’t approve this pairing.

Nayeon became sad because of all the bad things they said about her. Soohyun took her phone out of her hands and turned it off.

‘‘Don’t pay attention to them. They don’t know you. I know who you are and that person they are talking about, she’s not you.’’

They started eating their breakfast in silence. The mood was down and it reminded Soohyun of the day Nayeon had cried because Rika had fainted. Even though she wasn’t crying at that moment, he still wanted to comfort her. He then decided to ask her some questions to take her mind off things.

‘‘I was really surprised by your Japanese skills. How long have been studying?’’

‘‘Since my debut, I think, so more than two years. I was even more surprised by YOUR skills.You’re already quite good. You must be studying hard.’’ she said.

‘‘I don’t think so. Pronunciation gives a hard time.’’

‘‘I could help you if you want.’’

‘‘That would be fantastic.’’

Soohyun was very happy because Nayeon had indirectly said that she wanted to stay in contact with him and possibly even meet him again. They finished eating and Nayeon said she wanted to go back to her dorm because Aurora had to go to the radio station. There was still more time left, but Soohyun did as she wanted. Nayeon put on her jacket. While she wasn’t looking, Soohyun unexpectedly put her cap on her head. She lifted her head and smiled at him.

‘‘Finally! You’re smiling.’’ he said, which made her smile even more.

Soohyun paid the bill and they left the restaurant. In the street, there were more people than earlier. Nayeon had no choice but to walk closer to Soohyun and their arms brushed against each other many times. Thanks to their caps, they managed to go to Soohyun’s car without being recognized. On their way back to Aurora’s dorm, they didn’t talk much, but it wasn’t as awkward as before. They were simply happy to be together.

‘‘Soohyun-ssi.’’ Nayeon said when their arrived near her apartment building.

‘‘Please, call me ’oppa’.’’ he courageously said.

‘‘Oppa…’’ she shyly said.

‘‘Much better. From now on, let’s talk comfortably.’’

‘‘Ah… ne.’’

‘‘I’ll open the door for you now. Don’t move.’’

‘‘Ah! Soohyun… oppa!’’

‘‘Yes?’’

‘‘If I’m going to help you improve your Japanese and use banmal… we need to make something clear.’’

‘‘What is it?’’

‘‘Let’s not fall for each other. Feelings can only hurt us.’’

‘‘You’re right. Let’s be friends and only friends.’’ he said even though he felt a twinge of sadness.

Nayeon said goodbye and entered her dorm. Her fellow members were surprised to see her coming back that early. They bombarded her with questions about her date and especially about that tweet she wrote. However, she didn’t want to answer any of them. She went to her room and locked the door. She slid against the door and reached the floor. She leaned her head on her knees and realized that she was still wearing Soohyun’s cap. She took it off and looked at it. She started to cry because she knew that she was already falling for him.

 

***

 

A/N: How was the first date? Did you like it? I hope you did because I was seriously able to enjoy it myself every time I read the chapter. ^^

Nayeon thought he was going to kiss her in the car! Kyaaaaa! I'm dead because of my own fanfic. kekeke

So, ‘‘what is Jewelry’s Yewon doing here’’ you’re asking? Well, nothing. I just needed someone who follows Soohyun and could follow Nayeon... if she was actually real. Oh, I wish she was... We would be best friend. ^^

Edit: I forgot something again. Their couple name (NaHyun) is KPOPlover05's idea. Thank you!

Your ideas are always welcome! I love you guys!