‘‘I think that news about Soohyun affected her a bit too much.’’

(Goddesses & Lost Boys) You and Me Dancing Till the Break of Dawn

 

***

 

 

***

 

U-KISS halts “Neverland” promotions due to Soohyun’s vocal cord nodule diagnosis

Celebrity News | Posted on 2011-10-12 16:18

Earlier today, U-KISS announced that they’d be going into follow-up promotions with their next track, “Someday“. As it turns out, the group is abruptly halting their “Neverland” activities because of leader Soohyun being diagnosed with a vocal cord nodule.

U-KISS was originally scheduled to promote “Neverland” until the end of the month, but NH Media revealed on October 11th that they will be cutting it off early to let Soohyun rest.

As fans already know, Soohyun has quite a significant amount of high notes that are sung live throughout the song. For the past six months, he’s been training in singing and dancing at the same time for six hours a day.

Representatives stated, “The worst possible situation would be promoting their follow-up without Soohyun. Soohyun will be performing at the ‘Asia Song Festival’ on October 15th because of how important it is, but we’ll make sure to lessen the strain on his vocals as much as possible.”

 

Today's Hot Issues: BIG BANG, Girls’ Generation, SECRET, JYJ

 

Related articles:

☞ U-KISS to start follow-up promotions with “Someday”!

☞ U-KISS updates on becoming Kangwon-do ambassadors on me2day¸

☞ ‘2011 Asia Song Festival’ will feature 13 teams

☞ Aurora's Rika faints and gets hospitalized for exhaustion

 

***

 

It was 6 pm and the members of Aurora were taking a break from their dance practice. There was only Haeri, Rika, and Nayeon in the practice room. Sunha was upstairs in the office, working on her essay which was due two days later. As for Jenny, she had agreed to go get their dinner since she needed ice tea. Haeri was lying on the floor, completely bored since her unnies were listening to music with their Ipod.

‘’I should have gone with Hye.’’ she said with a pout.

Suddenly, Rika started singing Blue Rain by moumoon. Nayeon got up from the floor and went out of the room because Rika was disturbing her. Haeri stayed there, listening to Rika, but less than a minute later, a familiar melody, played on a piano, started. The sound came from the corridor. Haeri got out of the practice room and went to the room reserved for the vocal lessons. There was a piano in that room. As expected, she saw Nayeon in there. She was wearing her hoody on her head in such a way that only her long black hair could be seen and not her face.

‘’I didn’t know you can play this song on the piano.’’

Nayeon shushed her and Haeri was about to go back to the waiting room when her phone started ringing. Nayeon abruptly stopped playing and close the door, leaving Haeri outside. The latter picked up the phone call from Jihye.

[‘’Hae! I forgot the password! I can’t enter the building.’’]

‘’Again!’’

[‘’It’s not my fault! They keep changing it every three months.’’]

‘’The new password is 4, 2, 5, 3. Hurry up! Nayeon-unnie is in emo mood, playing Take Me Away on the piano.’’

Haeri went down stairs to help Jenny bring the meals in the practice room. She pointed at the vocal room. Even though the door was closed, the melody could still be heard. When they entered the practice room, they saw Rika doing the Maru Maru Mori Mori dance. They started to laugh at the overly cute choreography.

‘’Unnie, you still listen to this song!?’’ Jenny asked.

‘’Don’t laugh. Everyone in Japan still listens to this song. 25 weeks on the Oricon charts and still strong.’’ she replied, smiling. ‘‘Maru Maru Mori Mori!’’

‘’At least, you’re having fun. Do you know what Nayeon is doing right now?’’ Haeri asked.

‘’No.’’

‘’I think that news about Soohyun affected her a bit too much. She’s playing Take Me Away on the piano. She looks like Sunako.’’

‘’Who?’’ Jenny asked.

‘’Really!’’ Rika stopped dancing at looked at Haeri. ‘’Where is she?’’

‘’In the vocal room.’’

They rushed to the vocal room, leaving the meals on the floor. Nayeon and her obsession for U-KISS were more interesting than any foods. Haeri opened the door and Rika smiled as she saw Nayeon with her hoody on her head. She thought that she really looked like Sunako. Nayeon told them to go away in a deep and drawling voice. It made Haeri and Rika laughed. Jenny was left confused.

‘’Who is Sunako?’’ she asked after they closed the door.

‘’That emo girl from Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, that Japanese drama we watched a few month ago.’’

‘’The drama with Matsumoto Jun?’’ Jenny squealed.

‘’No, the one with Kamenashi Kazuya.’’

‘’Oh, you are talking about Hori Makita.’’

‘’Ha ha! That’s not her name and no I’m not talking about Horikita Maki. What are you going to do in Japan if someone asks you who your favourite Japanese actors are? You can’t even remember their names.’’

‘’My favourite actor is Matsumoto Jun. I don’t need to remember other names.’’

‘’Ah! Hye, you’re unbelievable!’’ Haeri said, locking arms with Jenny as they walked back to the practice room.

 

***

 

A/N: Probably my worst chapter ever. It’s like mashed potato. T_T

I’m already halfway through the next chapter so you can expect an update before or during the weekend. There’s more interaction coming up. ^^

*Article credits: E-Daily + Allkpop

*Main image credits: shinsoohyun.net + YOOKISS @ ROCKETBOXX.NET